the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mexican Restaurants

+9
rykos
LivingDead
grumpy old man
Triniman
Deank
anny
Miz point
AGEsAces
Goth_chic
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:53 am

anny

contributor
contributor

JC Taco's can be a bit on the bland side. The organic meats are sometimes chewy, too. It's gotten the most hits and comments on dineout.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/post/1038309286/where-is-agood-mexican-food

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

27Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Winnipeg needs better Mexican restaurants. I am almost always disappointed whenever I try a new Mexican restaurant. I guess once you have real Mexican fare you just can't go back to tex mex. I am looking forward to trying the Mexican restaurant at Epcot in September.

28Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:26 pm

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

Goth_chic wrote:Winnipeg needs better Mexican restaurants. I am almost always disappointed whenever I try a new Mexican restaurant. I guess once you have real Mexican fare you just can't go back to tex mex. I am looking forward to trying the Mexican restaurant at Epcot in September.

Gonna need more Mexican people in Winnipeg first.

We also need more Lebanese people so that we can have better Shawarma shops.

The best Mexican food I have ever had was in Yakima WA of all places. At first I was confused as to why there were so many Mexican restaurants, then I started seeing all of the fruit stands and orchards everywhere.

Migrant labour is AWESOME!

29Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:32 pm

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

anny wrote:JC Taco's can be a bit on the bland side. The organic meats are sometimes chewy, too. It's gotten the most hits and comments on dineout.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/post/1038309286/where-is-agood-mexican-food

Your review is over a year and half old.

I would suggest going back. I don't find their meats to be chewy at all. Their barbacoa has a good kick to it as well. That said I have never eaten anything there with ground beef, but if you are going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering something with ground beef you should probably just stick with Taco Time/Bell.

30Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Best Mexican I ever had was in Mexico then San Diego was a close second.

31Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

anyone try that Mexican restaurant in Blumenort?

32Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:29 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Blumenort? Sounds like someone passing gas...

33Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

HAH! tons of Mennonite Mexicans in the area.. so I am thinking it should be pretty authentic and delicious

34Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ceerist.. apparently there are two or more mexican diners in blumenort.

35Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hmmmmm we may have to take a drive to blumenort, not till June cause then I will be able to eat Mexican food. Smile

36Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

mayhaps I will stop by on my way passed next time so I can give a report

37Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 am

Sourpuss

Sourpuss
major-contributor
major-contributor

sputnik wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:Winnipeg needs better Mexican restaurants. I am almost always disappointed whenever I try a new Mexican restaurant. I guess once you have real Mexican fare you just can't go back to tex mex. I am looking forward to trying the Mexican restaurant at Epcot in September.

Gonna need more Mexican people in Winnipeg first.

We also need more Lebanese people so that we can have better Shawarma shops.

The best Mexican food I have ever had was in Yakima WA of all places. At first I was confused as to why there were so many Mexican restaurants, then I started seeing all of the fruit stands and orchards everywhere.

Migrant labour is AWESOME!

Dude. Bellingham, Washington is also a haven for great Mexican. I was initially confused by the excessive amounts of Mexican import in their grocery stores (Washington is pretty white bread) and four million Mexican restaurants. Then I clued in to the migrant thing, and the light went on.

Washington State. Who knew?

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

38Mexican Restaurants - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexican Restaurants Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 am

rykos

rykos

Tons of Mexicans in the MSP area, too, with pretty fantastic (compared to Winnipeg's) Mexican restaurants and Mexican provisions stores.

Whenever we go to MSP, we pretty much just eat Mexican or Middle Eastern food (mostly Lebanese), and bring a trunk-load of Mexican and Middle Eastern groceries back with us.

Haven't been to JC's yet. They're quite far for us. The one time I tried to go, I found out the hard way that they don't open till 3:00 on Saturdays. I should have checked, but we just happened to be in the area (and that rarely happens) so we dropped by. Tried to go to Baraka instead, but got lost and ended up at Jessie's Kitchen because I just happened to notice the sign (if you know where Jessie's Kitchen is, that will give you an idea of how lost we were. . . )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum