the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

What radio stations do you listen to in your car?

+16
JT Estoban
Winklovic
EdWin
eastsider
Miz point
cherenkov
Electrician
Triniman
Mantha
IG Guy
AGEsAces
holly golightly
Goth_chic
FlyingRat
Deank
grumpy old man
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

AGEsAces

cherenkov wrote:94 is much better since the big change. Though I've noticed that they bleep more words than other stations. For example, in that green day song they blank out "masturbation" and a bunch of other stuff, whereas 97 only blanks out f*ck. Oh well.. I like the mix.

I never understood that.
If you're going to play the song...PLAY IT...otherwise, take it out of your playlist. Nobody wants to here "la la la BLEEP la la BLEEP"

Either that, or play the "radio edit" version which all artists make if they expect airtime.

I forget what station I was listening to a couple weeks ago...(I think it was HOT103), and the announcer said "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry was coming on.

So this I had to hear...for those who don't know the chorus...cover your eyes:

She's such a crazy b1tch, but she fucks so good I'm down with it.

So...are they going to play THAT on the radio? I had to know.

I listened...here's what you hear on the radio:

She's such a crazy b1tch, but she uh ks so good I'm down with it.

Now...your mind fills in the missing "f" sound...cause I had to listen closely NOT to hear it.

But it hasn't been that long since you couldn't say "bitch" on the radio either.

http://www.photage.ca

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

she dont mess with no broke broke.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

No reason to write songs like that to begin with. I'm no prude but if we wonder why the youngest generation seems to have little to no respect just listen to the songs, TV programs and movies today...

When and where do we draw the line? We need to revert back to the 1950's and clean up our act...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and our KFC

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:Sirius - CBC, AC/DC channel, Underground Garage, the 70's channel

locally.....\PO|WER 97, CiTI fm....whenever H is on.....

AC/DC channel??? Rumour has it that AC/DC will be playing the stadium this summer. I heard KISS will be the opening act. I guess I'll be seeing you there Miz Point!

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:No reason to write songs like that to begin with. I'm no prude but if we wonder why the youngest generation seems to have little to no respect just listen to the songs, TV programs and movies today...

When and where do we draw the line? We need to revert back to the 1950's and clean up our act...

Songs like that WERE written in the 50's...they just weren't played on the radio.

And...I don't listen to that music much...but a friend played that song for me last year, and it's actually got a good beat and sounds good...despite the language.

I actually cranked it up in my house once and was listening till my daughter came in and started going "crazy bitch"....then I knew it was time to turn it off Wink.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I keep trying to put my radio on the AC/DC channel, but it turns out that is just the power adapter settings! Smile

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

AGEsAces wrote:Songs like that WERE written in the 50's...they just weren't played on the radio.
I seriously doubt 99 out of 100 tunes had ANYTHING even remotely offensive in them. And of course they were not broadcast. That's my point in its entirety.

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

nothing surpises me when it comes to music anymore. nothing offends me anymore.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

David Allen Coe

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:David Allen Coe

Does Mama have her boobs out again?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:
Miz point wrote:Sirius - CBC, AC/DC channel, Underground Garage, the 70's channel

locally.....\PO|WER 97, CiTI fm....whenever H is on.....

AC/DC channel??? Rumour has it that AC/DC will be playing the stadium this summer. I heard KISS will be the opening act. I guess I'll be seeing you there Miz Point!

Don't think I will be here but one never knows....the AC/DC channel is on Sirius.....if they haven't changed it again....|I have hook mine back up in the house....just been too busy shovelling.....heheh...gotta get some whiskey to go with the tunes...oh crap, that would involve walking!!! In this muck.....better stick to Billy Holliday

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Billy Holiday was awesome. I just downloaded Lady Sings the Blues cause my hubby has never seen the movie. I think Diana Ross did an okay job portraying her.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'm bound to offend people on this one....I mean no disrespect, honestly!

Used to listen to 92, back in the days before it sucked. Those were the days of Shadoe Davis, Brian Cooke and Gordo.... Now they have those two old dudes in the morning who can't quite grasp that this isn't the 70's anymore....and the music, while mostly ok, is often completely repetitive...lather, rinse, repeat. Not to mention the monotone snoozefest that is whenever "H" is boring everyone to death about...well who really knows anyway.

Then somewhere in my teens Power 97 became all the rage....they had Jodie Williams and a few others....now they lost all the DJ's with personalities and replaced them with people who would like to talk about their own life problems...that is, when they aren't pitching the latest promo, which I guess is mandatory to mention every 90 seconds. The tunes have gone in the crapper, and the "Power Play" has been replaced with one song, 3 commercials, two songs, 2 commercials, plus 5 minutes of boring DJ's.

Bob, is really the only station that I happen to listen to, when I'm actually listening to the radio in the truck...the only problem, is I'd have to be in a constant state of nostalgia to keep the radio on that station....And that's really my Mom's sort of music...or the music that they used to (maybe still do) play at socials when I was a kid. Neat to listen to again, but not something I could do on a regular basis.

Most times, I'd be happier to keep playing MP3's over and over again...no commercials, no ridiculously expensive subscriptions to companies that may or may not take your money and go bankrupt....but a pain in the ass to find what you really want to hear. And by the time you do find that tune, your home already. Time to go inside!

Alas, it appears that there just isn't a radio station for the 20 something (going on 30) male anymore....

Yup, I'm gettin old! No

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

JT Estoban wrote:Alas, it appears that there just isn't a radio station for the 20 something (going on 30) male anymore....

Yup, I'm gettin old! No

This is an April Fool's joke right? Very Happy

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

AGEsAces wrote:
JT Estoban wrote:Alas, it appears that there just isn't a radio station for the 20 something (going on 30) male anymore....

Yup, I'm gettin old! No

This is an April Fool's joke right? Very Happy

No I agree with him and I am mid 20's... Laughing

love&hate

love&hate

102 clear fm is always on in my house & vehicles, we don't have cable so we're always listening to the radio. My boyfriend got me hooked on the station, all of our friends make fun of us cause I am 23 and he's 25 and they're always like "you guys are old", or "what are you guys listening to".

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

love&hate wrote:102 clear fm is always on in my house & vehicles, we don't have cable so we're always listening to the radio. My boyfriend got me hooked on the station, all of our friends make fun of us cause I am 23 and he's 25 and they're always like "you guys are old", or "what are you guys listening to".

Ummm...no cable?
How do you survive? Very Happy
lol!

love&hate

love&hate

I know. It's actually nice though. We're probably the only people in Winnipeg who choose to not have cable!!!! It's just another thing for our friends to bother us about! First no cable, then 102 clear fm.....what's next?!

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Uhm. You've never tasted a Big Mac?
That'll grab Dean's attention for sure.
affraid

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

love&hate wrote:I know. It's actually nice though. We're probably the only people in Winnipeg who choose to not have cable!!!! It's just another thing for our friends to bother us about! First no cable, then 102 clear fm.....what's next?!

Do you guys use an ice box?

hehe, just playin!

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Next you'll be telling us you read books and do puzzles! Smile

love&hate

love&hate

Icebox - Wikipedia
"Commonly iceboxes were made of wood, most probably for ease of
construction, insulation, and aesthetics: many were handsome pieces of
furniture. "
I had no clue what an icebox was. so i googled it. haha.

And Deank would be proud, I love BigMacs.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

So young. So young. Sigh...

Freeman was around when horse-drawn carts use to deliver ice to homes.

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I thought Mother Nature delivered ice to homes...
scratch

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum