the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Winnipeg Police and Credibility

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:35 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

From the Winnipeg Sun
Just one of 208 LERA complaints led to discipline in 2007
Just one of the 208 cases disposed of in 2007 by Manitoba's police watchdog resulted in formal discipline for an officer.

The Law Enforcement Review Agency, which investigates complaints against municipal police forces, released its annual report today for the 2007 calendar year.

The report shows that 208 cases were closed in 2007, including some that were initiated in previous years. Of the 208 cases, 91 were either abandoned or withdrawn by the complainants, 90 were dismissed by LERA due to insufficient evidence, 12 were dismissed as being outside LERA's jurisdiction, and two were dismissed as vexatious.
Read entire story here.
Now I want to give the Police the benefit of the doubt. In almost all instances. But they sure make it hard.

Granted most complaints are laid by disgruntled perps but a a 0.481% rate is beyond credibility.

2The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have a great deal of respect for George Wright as he assisted me in terms of my LERA complaint which was one of the few to make it to court. I dismayed however to hear that Dave (RiffRaff) Chomiak took so bloody long to release that information. Shame on RiffRaff....( guess the cinematic reference if you dare)

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

3The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:52 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

4The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:18 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Nope.....guess again!

5The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Wasn't it something about you getting harrased on your own doorstep while the cops were busting someone across the streat or some such thing?

6The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

That was another incident. But yes on the LERA complaint.....harassed and given four bogus charges that were dropped in court due to not only lack of evidence but non-appearance of complainants who were all career criminals....yes, did my research! Took three years out of my life, lots of stress - and for what? To deal with two cops who by virtue of their union could afford one of the best attorneys in the city whereas I, the victim, had to duke it out on my own. No whinging here but I am well-acquainted with cop f**kery.

That the two officers in question tried to humiliate me in court by demanding of the Crown that I be forced to apologize....apologize for what? For not being a gang-banging crack dealer? Screw that. They did not like the fact that I took down their badge numbers, took down time of arrest and other pertinent details and asked repeatedly as to why I was being manhandled in such an undignified and unjustified way.

Makes one wonder what these two officers were up to in their spare time? Or did they have some sort of journalistic axe to grind?

In retrospect I WON....no more crack dealers on my street.

7The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"In retrospect I WON....no more crack dealers on my street."

I thought it was Sel Burrows that did that What a Face

8The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yeah right....I paved the way with my blood and lost hair chunks! OH yeah, and the slashed tyres, broken windows, death threats.....Sel Burrows should bend over and besa mi culo.

9The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Anonymous

Indeed Sel Burrows may be part of the problem with his attitude toward soft sentencing.

btw...I'd say you won when there are no more cops on your street...Smile

10The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Empty Re: The Winnipeg Police and Credibility Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Only if I call the buggers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum