the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

BODIES is coming to Winnipeg

+14
Jondo
Scanlon
rosencrentz
Outsider
holly golightly
Bartron
Miz point
eViL tRoLl
JT Estoban
grumpy old man
Freeman
Northlands
AGEsAces
Deank
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

2BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:06 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

No...the MTS Centre is creating a display area by renting some vacant space temporarily.

http://www.photage.ca

3BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

I've got a great idea for a way that the city coroner's office to make a few extra bucks...

4BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

AGEsAces wrote:No...the MTS Centre is creating a display area by renting some vacant space temporarily.
tomato potato

5BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

My favourite corner. Will they employ those bums lined up outside to collect admissions?

6BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:57 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Maybe....... Those bums will BE the bodies.

Jus' sayin'.

7BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:51 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

that's the pre-exhibit, exhibit!

8BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Maybe....... Those bums will BE the bodies.

Jus' sayin'.

Different method of preservation. BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Icon_smile

9BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Just eat anough processed food and you will not age and when you die your body will not decompose because of all the chemicals you ingested.

10BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:22 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm just dieing to see this exhibit.

11BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It'll kill me if I miss this exhibit.

12BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am looking forward to this exhibit. And it is good to see the A&B sound bldg being used.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

13BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'm definitely going to check this out. Sounds pretty neat.

14BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Barton, you may want to look up Damien Hirst, a controversial Brit artist who did these crazy installations using animal halves....pissed off a lot of folks but also fomented interest and discussion.....you may find his work intriguing.

15BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 am

Anonymous

Ya...lots of discussion...just like Thronecroft and her dead rabbits exhibition.

Absolute ffcuking nonsense imo. It's not art, it's exhibitionism.

16BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:08 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Thorneycroft......Chicago.......Serrano......Schnabel........Basquiat......Lichtenstein......Johns
......Pollock.......Mondrian.....Monet.....Picasso - the list is endless and goes back a long time. Art is subjective.

What is nonsense is dismissing the validity of something without having experienced it/seen it.

One of the most powerful experiences I had was at the MOMA back in the eighties. At that time the huge Picasso panel "Guernica" that brutally detailed the tragedy of war in his Spain at that time as waged by Franco - to see this painting in an art history book well, yeah, I obviously "got" the piece but to see it in all its glory, and it is a huge elongated rectangular piece, it is amazing, it moves, it resonates and more importantly gets across the horrors of needless slaughter. The painting was done in monochromes and with Picasso's controversial style of drawing....there were folks in his era who used derisive terms against his work - guess that really worked.

The piece now sits in the Bilbao Art Museum, a building that is one of the great architectural masterpieces of the last twenty years.

17BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:51 am

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Saw this exhibit a few years ago while in Minneapolis and will definately go again. It is well worth it.

18BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 am

Anonymous

What is nonsense is dismissing the validity of something without having experienced it/seen it.

I've seen it, had it, done it.

It's still ffucken nonsense. Shiiit made by people that think they're artist, want the lifestyle, but have absolutely no talent....just a bit of an imagination.

There is a hellava big difference.

19BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF, that will always be a controversial subject - old school methodologies vs. conceptual, installation-type art work. I am on the fence in terms of saying one over the other and prefer to judge each "piece" on its own merits or lack thereof.

20BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 am

Anonymous

See. The difference between you and me is that I don't expect different results from the same thing.

21BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So when you look at a piece of art however executed it is either gonna be a like or intensely dislike scenario? fine. I have no problem with that in that there are pieces that have evoked those sorts of reactions in me as well but there are also pieces that cause me to analyze the why's and how's as to execution. Art was never meant to be a "black and white", yes or no deal. Each individual is going to "take" from their experience a reaction that is purely theirs and theirs alone. It is unfair to and limiting to say the least to demean someone's work without knowing the motivation behind it.

That is the difference between you and me and I am glad for my approach for it ensures that I try to keep an open mind when it comes to differences and perception.

22BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Anonymous

Nonsense. That's just artspeak. Hanging a bunch of dead rabbits is nothing more than art-scam.

So when you look at a piece of art however executed it is either gonna be a like or intensely dislike scenario? fine.

Huh? Who are you talking about? (I've never said anything like that.)

That is the difference between you and me and I am glad for my approach for it ensures that I try to keep an open mind when it comes to differences and perception.

The difference is that I'm not sucked into believing that "art" is anything anyone says it is.

23BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

I wonder if the taxpayers are contributing to this display in anyway? (and how much if they are.)

24BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:43 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We are supposed to be interested in looking at bodies? Is that it? I have seen DeanK , splayed out in my backyard! What in the world could be better than that?

http://www.elansofas.com

25BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Empty Re: BODIES is coming to Winnipeg Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Scanlon

Scanlon

Outsider wrote:I wonder if the taxpayers are contributing to this display in anyway? (and how much if they are.)

Really...? It's toured all over the world since 2005 and been universally praised.

check it out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum