the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knob Award # 3: Security video captures sexual assault

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

This knob sounds like a real nice guy. Evil or Very Mad Who wants to bet he's been charged and convicted for many similar crimes in the past? What do we have to do to ensure these creeps stay in jail?

By CHRIS KITCHING, SUN MEDIA

A veteran Winnipeg police officer calls it one of the most disturbing cases of his career.

An eight-year-old boy and two women were violently sexually or physically assaulted in a three-hour span Sunday, allegedly by a complete stranger.

"I've been with the service for 27-plus years and this is probably one of the most disturbing, horrific, isolated incidents I've been exposed to," said Sgt. Brent Wynnyk, a member of the sex crimes and child abuse units. "It's disturbing to myself as a seasoned police officer."

He said such a case is rare. "This is a first for me, having come across one individual responsible for three separate attacks on three perfect strangers," he said.

Police arrested a suspect at the scene of the third assault, but it likely wouldn't have been as quick without a caretaker interrupting the attack and holding the male until officers arrived at Cumberland House, a high-rise apartment at 360 Cumberland Ave. The suspect's mom lives in the building, tenants said.

Police said the boy was the victim of the first assault, which occurred in the stairwell of a Balmoral Street apartment about 4:30 p.m.

Police said a male followed the boy into the building and allegedly committed a violent sexual assault, inflicting serious injuries, until he was interrupted and fled.

About 90 minutes later, the male allegedly pulled a knife on a 23-year-old woman and her two-year-old son in an elevator at Cumberland House. The male pulled the woman into a hallway but the assault was stopped by someone.

At 7:30 p.m., the male met a 48-year-old woman near Sargent Avenue and Agnes Street. The pair went to Cumberland House, where the male punched the woman and sexually assaulted her in a stairwell near the 21st floor, police and tenants allege.

The caretaker intervened. Police said the woman suffered minor physical injuries.

"That bothers me. I would have beat the s--- out of him like (the caretaker) did," said one tenant.

Police did not detail the caretaker's involvement.

Peter Lloyd Roger Laporte, 34, is charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault, sexual interference, and assault with a weapon. Laporte was charged with sexual assault last year. The charges were dropped Nov. 10.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Listening to the news late last night, it said that the lady who he assaulted originally was in a car accident and therefore couldn't make the court appearance so the the charges were dropped (stayed) and he was released from prison. I certainly hope that wherever he is being held is in open custody so that he will understand that what he did was wrong (by his fellow inmates). Nothing is too atrocious for this creep.

Anonymous

Too bad the caretaker wasn't allowed to carry a gun...perhaps all this would have ended right then and there.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

From reading the court reports on sexual assaults, it would appear to me that the courts are way too lenient!

http://www.elansofas.com

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Hopefully the man gets a long prison stay. 20 to 40 years would do.

Wait I forgot this is Canada where our criminals have more rights than their victims.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Anonymous

This sick fcuk should never see the light of day again.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:This sick fcuk should never see the light of day again.

In the USA and most of the world he wouldn't.

But we are in Canada, and every one on this planet knows our laws and legal system are a joke.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

send him to Greece... pretty sure he would be seen as a hero there.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:send him to Greece... pretty sure he would be seen as a hero there.

Why did the Greek boy leave home?

He didn't like the way he was being reared. lol!

Anonymous

LOL...very very fuunnyy.. lol!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum