the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL

+3
JT Estoban
MissFae
Deank
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

WTF kind of garbage is this?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/polls/If-the-vote-was-tomorrow-would-it-be-Judy-or-Sam-97345299.html?viewResults=y

If the vote was tomorrow, would it be Judy or Sam?

Sam Katz 44% F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Poll_lin_WFP
Judy Wasylycia-Leis 41% F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Poll_lin_WFP
Neither, I'd abstain or spoil 13%
THERE IS ANOTHER CANDIDATE YOU GOD DAMN a$$holes

2F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:27 pm

MissFae

MissFae

lolol, my BF could really have used this for an assignment in one of his PR classes a few weeks ago. He was supposed to be citing examples of polling as a method of swaying public impression. Essentially, using the wording of the poll or information (and lack thereof) presented with it to sway the results of the poll and in turn, sway the remainder of the public's perception of what the popular opinion is. That, in turn, results in actually swaying the majority because we're all sheep and influences government decision-making in a way that doesn't truly reflect the interests of the public.

Think they did it on purpose or that they just slapped it together without thinking? I see the Freep sensationalize and play the public so much it makes me want to start a respectable news source.

3F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Oh they did it on purpose.. Now lets see if they have the balls to back themselves up and post my comment (and perhaps even answer it)

4F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

5F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:34 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

kudos!

Nice comment! lmao

6F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 pm

MissFae

MissFae

Very nice comment Dean Very Happy

What I really want to know though, is why doesn't Winnipeg have any hot female politicians? I want someone in charge that I can stand to look at in the news damnit!

7F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:05 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

What? Judy's not hot? Shaneen's not hot? Thomas? Your standards are impossibly high...

8F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm

MissFae

MissFae

K, Shaneen's cute :p Judy though...really? You'd hit that?

9F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:44 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Heh heh heh

10F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Katz sure as hell ain't no prize in the looks department. Wonder how much he paid Bailey to sleep with him - hmmmmm? Or did she own a paper bag factory? F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Icon_smile

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

11F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 pm

MissFae

MissFae

I'm strangely less picky with men....but yeah, I kinda puke in my mouth a little every time I see him.

12F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Men are not judged as harshly as women when it comes to looks and political ambition. For some reason some desire their female pols to have the intellect of a Rhodes Scholar but the looks of a starlet. She should be not too "shrill", have a sense of humour and be willing to take lesser positions of responsibility than her less experienced male counterparts. Whereas for men the usual attributes of assertiveness, regardless as to whether or not there is substance to their swagger, affability and that "everyman" kind of appeal (not too good looking but accessible) seem to suffice.

13F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ummm. Yeah. So? Min are superior to wimmin. That should have been the very first lesson in lifeguard school. I would have though Moses would have covered that topic.

14F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You are too funny. Strange how when I got my Divemasters certification I could outlast every guy underwater whom I worked with....now why is that? Smaller lung capacity means better use of tank time. Lesser need to be a show off also means better utilization of tank time, ergo the less physical energy expended means a lesser need to oxygenate the muscles. As well when it came to treading water for more than three hours guess who outlasted the guys - the women. Why? Hmmm.....gee. You are so smart, maybe you will have a pithy remark in order to answer that one.

Same could be said for politics. Walk softly but carry a very big stick. One does not have to be a blowhard to get the job done. A reasonable modicum of intelligence, experience and confidence should suffice. Empty promises, trotted out year after year without the benefit of a platform - not good enough for this voter regardless of the gender or political affiliation of any candidate.

15F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:27 pm

MissFae

MissFae

Miz point wrote:Men are not judged as harshly as women when it comes to looks and political ambition. For some reason some desire their female pols to have the intellect of a Rhodes Scholar but the looks of a starlet. She should be not too "shrill", have a sense of humour and be willing to take lesser positions of responsibility than her less experienced male counterparts. Whereas for men the usual attributes of assertiveness, regardless as to whether or not there is substance to their swagger, affability and that "everyman" kind of appeal (not too good looking but accessible) seem to suffice.

Touché

16F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Ummm. Yeah. So? Min are superior to wimmin. That should have been the very first lesson in lifeguard school. I would have though Moses would have covered that topic.

BTW you best stay out of the sun during your stay-cation as it seems to be affecting your ability to be cogent. F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Icon_smile

17F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

MissFae wrote:
Miz point wrote:Men are not judged as harshly as women when it comes to looks and political ambition. For some reason some desire their female pols to have the intellect of a Rhodes Scholar but the looks of a starlet. She should be not too "shrill", have a sense of humour and be willing to take lesser positions of responsibility than her less experienced male counterparts. Whereas for men the usual attributes of assertiveness, regardless as to whether or not there is substance to their swagger, affability and that "everyman" kind of appeal (not too good looking but accessible) seem to suffice.

Touché

Not a matter of "touche'" but rather an observation that has been made not just by myself but by many political analysts of BOTH genders.

18F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm

SuperNaut

SuperNaut

:@@@:

19F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm

SuperNaut

SuperNaut

MissFae wrote:Very nice comment Dean Very Happy

What I really want to know though, is why doesn't Winnipeg have any hot female politicians? I want someone in charge that I can stand to look at in the news damnit!

I agree 110%. Welcome to the sandbox you are a breath of fresh-air.

20F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Compared to your hot air I would be inclined to agree? F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Icon_razz

21F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 pm

SuperNaut

SuperNaut

Whatever you say miz pointless. Smile

22F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm the one full of hot air 'round here...

23F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Flatulence? Laughing

24F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Oh, and a modicum of intelligence.

25F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Empty Re: F YOU WINNIPEG FREE PRESS POLL Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Goth_chic wrote:Flatulence? Laughing
I swear it wasn't me. I would place my money on Deank...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum