the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vacation and Long Weekend Activities...

+8
MissFae
Miz point
anny
AGEsAces
Deank
Goth_chic
Triniman
grumpy old man
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

MissFae

Mmm I love stay-cations. I also have no choice because I'm too poor to get anywhere. This week we're going to take advantage of some free swimming at the pool and then we're coming in to the city to visit Grandma for a few days. I'm also thinking of maybe going out to party with some friends that are passing through town....if they make it in on time.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ooo might see you at the free swim on Canada day!

depends where we end up tho.

MissFae

MissFae

Won't see you unless you come out to Carman. We're not coming into the city 'till after that. Razz

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Carman has an incredible outdoor pool......did my lifeguard training there as a teenager.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah,,, might be. my niece and nephew will be getting here from Sask sometime Canada Day after noon. (to lowe farm) we were thinking about just meeting in Carmen or something so they can enjoy some Canada Day stuff.

MissFae

MissFae

Oh, Is see. Didn't realize you lived out this way. Well then, I'll be the chick carrying around an 8 year old and yelling at an obnoxious 5 year old. Can't miss me. Razz

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont Smile , my sister does (well one of them)

Heh.. I was going to say .. cant miss me.. I'll be the crazy looking one with a whole brood of kids, but then I remembered its Carmen... and its a FREE swim... all the Mennonites will be there Smile

MissFae

MissFae

LOL, of course they will. Yeah, the pool will be packed. Fortunately I am going to get my hands on some free passes for the summer. I'll be able to enjoy the pool at less busy times.

Anyways, can't mistake me for a Mennonite :p The piercings, the bad tattoo, the gibbled kid, the hyperactive 5 year old with a mohawk....unmistakeable combination :p Hope to see you there Smile

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Miz point wrote:Carman has an incredible outdoor pool......did my lifeguard training there as a teenager.
They had lifeguard training way back then? Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... - Page 2 Icon_smile

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I was surprised that they knew what water was...

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_Chic- i have lost your address and the time of the barbeque!!

http://www.elansofas.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Toy Story 3- is that good??

DeanK, do you want me to take you? I will supply the beer!!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

What are you doin Canada Day Rosie? If I dont head south maybe I could pop over for a visit?

MissFae

MissFae

Take me :p I want beer and kid's movies. Can I leave the kids at home?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

DeanK, I am so lonely, that a drop in would be fantastic- Bring the Kids, Bring the Wife.
If you can pick up a kitchen, an electical outlet for the stove, and washer and dryer, and install 2 fans, and install a sink and mirror and some door knobs, and a dishwasher, and help put up the fence, as the fence men are digging the holes right now.
Do you know where Charleswood is?
I will P.M. you our address, and our land line is gone, and TV is gone, and our internet is gone.
All we have is my wife's cell number, but life is pretty good.
No more view of the river , but Chicken Delight at 3420 Roblin Blvd is only 81 steps from us. The Road is being replaced right now, as they realized that I used to live on Wellington Crescent so you may have to park in the back lane- Go slow as it is really not a back lane, but a Mb Hydro right of way- our house is the 3rd on the block and the apartment blocks are on the opposite side, the one with the posts sticking up for our new fence. Our house number is 219. You are turning at the Co-Op gas station.lol

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I too am on holiday next week rosen. Maybe brekkie next week is in order? I get to Charleswood next Tuesday if I leave on Sunday... Do they allow you in the conservatory now that you've left Wellington Crescent?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Hey Rosie,

If I have the time I would love to help you with stuff around the house. Heck I have a minivan so I would even be able to deliver some of your appliances if you wanted... but I imagine since you are in the furniture business you already know people to do that.. just let me know. Also of note.. my wife cleans the DASCH building like umm..one block away every weekend so maybe I could just catch a ride there with her and hang out with you for a couple of hours whilst she works.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

G.O.M. I snuck into the Park for breakfast on Sunday with my wife. With no kitchen as yet, we have been forced to eat in various restaurants, except when we barbequed on sunday.
there are some pretty good restaurants- Papa's Greek is great- the pizza was incredible, and the Greek Salad my wife just loved.
I am up for breakfast anytime. The City started to replace varsity View drive today, and Sam Katz apologized to me. He wasn't aware that I had moved! lol
I would love to go for brakfast, lunch, supper or a midnight snack. Just let me know what works for you.

44Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... - Page 2 Empty Re: Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hope everyone has a fabulous Canada Day! Smile Is anyone going to check out the fireworks?

45Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... - Page 2 Empty Re: Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Is there time to check out fireworks AND make your BBQ?

heh.

list of fireworks locations (in city)
Tyndall Park CC ( Kevin L's thing) not bad.. easy to get home from, cheap pizza and drinks to be purchased during
Ass Park ( Canad Inns) Not bad, sort of difficult to get home from, nice atmosphere.
The Forks ( City?) Okayish... REALLY difficult to get home from, nice atmosphere.

Where are other Fireworks? (besides people lighting them off in back yards)

46Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... - Page 2 Empty Re: Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I know West St Paul has fireworks...I have a few friends who live there and they say it is excellent. I think most communities put on a fireworks display???

MrMyles

MrMyles
contributor
contributor

Thursday night - Fireworks @ the Andrews Street Tot Lot (usually best fireworks in the city)
Friday - take my oldest son to visit the Gimli harbour, then for a bike ride in Hecla, then to the cottage in Grindstone for the rest of the weekend.

http://www.creativecompulsions.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

" Fireworks @ the Andrews Street Tot Lot (usually best fireworks in the
city)"

this is where?

MrMyles

MrMyles
contributor
contributor

Polson and Andrews.
I usually watch them from my back deck about 6 blocks away.
We might actually go there this year though.

View Larger Map

Vacation and Long Weekend Activities... - Page 2 00000640

Last edited by MrMyles on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

MrMyles wrote:Thursday night - Fireworks @ the Andrews Street Tot Lot (usually best fireworks in the city)
Friday - take my oldest son to visit the Gimli harbour, then for a bike ride in Hecla, then to the cottage in Grindstone for the rest of the weekend.
Does this mean you're of Icelandic stock?

MrMyles

MrMyles
contributor
contributor

Nope. Me be Irish/Ukranian/Austrian

My son just developed a big interest in boats/ships last year. Going to the harbour to "develop" the interest more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum