the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg Road Construction Management

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Winnipeg Road Construction Management Empty Winnipeg Road Construction Management Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:29 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Does anyone believe the city managers responsible for planning road construction in this city have a clue?

Quick example...

To get from West Winnipeg to St. Boniface there are four east/west routes in Winnipeg between River Avenue in the North to the perimeter in the South.

Stradbrook/River Avenue
Jubilee Avenue
Bishop Grandin Boulevard
Perimeter Highway

How many routes are a) under construction and b) major connector routes leading to them are under construction or c) otherwise immediately impacted by construction?

Lets count them:
Donald
Wellington Crescent
Stradbrook
Jubilee
Bishop Grandin
Corydon
Grant

I'm certain I'm missing several. Why don't these bozos lay our a big map. Highlight the major travel corridors and colour with markers where construction is hampering traffic.

Then, with their thinking caps on, think about where traffic will go when one of only four routes is closed or significantly reduced.

Iceholes...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

While I'm at it, we've had an early spring with some very good weather so far this year. Where are the lane marker painting crews?

Anyone wanna bet the same iceholes running construction planning will deploy them on the same routes affected by construction, in daytime traffic?

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Does anyone believe the city managers responsible for planning road construction in this city have a clue?

Quick example...

To get from West Winnipeg to St. Boniface there are four east/west routes in Winnipeg between River Avenue in the North to the perimeter in the South.

Stradbrook/River Avenue
Jubilee Avenue
Bishop Grandin Boulevard
Perimeter Highway

How many routes are a) under construction and b) major connector routes leading to them are under construction or c) otherwise immediately impacted by construction?

Lets count them:
Donald
Wellington Crescent
Stradbrook
Jubilee
Bishop Grandin
Corydon
Grant

I'm certain I'm missing several. Why don't these bozos lay our a big map. Highlight the major travel corridors and colour with markers where construction is hampering traffic.

Then, with their thinking caps on, think about where traffic will go when one of only four routes is closed or significantly reduced.

Iceholes...
Everyone's an arm chair city planner. Must be the most popular topic in all Winnipeg forums.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm was hoping for constructive debate. Pun intended.

5Winnipeg Road Construction Management Empty Re: Winnipeg Road Construction Management Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:33 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

How about the sink-hole on Higgins @ Annabella (right out from where Able Wholesale Blding. used to be) that's sitting and getting larger by the day/rain storm?

It started out the size of a storm sewer 6 weeks ago.

Week #1 - Nothing happened, it was reported to 311
Week #2 - Signs go up, the curb lane is closed at the site of the hole, hole is still exposed.
Week# 3 - A small sheet of plywood is put over the hole. After torrential rain, the hole is now large enough to consume a cyclist or larger.
Week# 4 - A larger sheet of plywood is put over top of the ever expanding hole.
Week#5 to present - Still a closed lane, still signs, still a sheet of plywood, but now the other side of the street, right across from the hole has been ripped up, and "re-patched" (I use that term as loosely as the gravel and uneven cement that's there now)

6Winnipeg Road Construction Management Empty Re: Winnipeg Road Construction Management Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They've covered a pothole with plywood?

7Winnipeg Road Construction Management Empty Re: Winnipeg Road Construction Management Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:41 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes indeedily.....

Two pieces I think...you know, to stop children and animals from falling in...

8Winnipeg Road Construction Management Empty Re: Winnipeg Road Construction Management Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Tache had a similar hole develop over top of the small bridge, across from the Cemetery. I guess because it's a hospital route, it got priority, but they had that whole street closed off for a couple of weeks after they discovered the sink hole. lol

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Can the same thing happen at the Main Street CP Rail underpass???

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/large-concrete-slab-collapses-montreal-ville-marie-tunnel-150005865.html

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum