the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

nellie mclung was evil?

+4
grumpy old man
Miz point
rosencrentz
Deank
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nope.

We offer to everyone of every race who has a proven history to have unprotected sex and drinks/does drugs whilst preggers.

then its only genocide if one group decides to keep doing it.

Then again I can seriously see some people who would drink and do drugs and such on purpose whilst preggers to get the 100K and that is sad

27nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hence the quotation marks around the word genocide Dean....

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

28nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Anonymous

Never ever used the word expert just that I would like to see which report you talk of and you say and decided for me that I would not know of it . And yes I do have a view if you are willing to read and debate .
Many of these people need more education and life skills as many are or were drop outs . Forced Sterilization is not legally or morally an option , which is attainable . The children of this situation can and have been brought on to do much better then most would expect . Yes there are always some who will be a cost to us all , but so are there many who do not have FASD . And most of those reports are PUBLIC information, unlike all the PRIVATE ones out there.
Personally I would like to see the mother and child put in an institutional setting and kept there till some progress can be made with both mother and child .

Education is the biggest denominator in the scene , as is addiction rehab.

29nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Personally I would like to see the mother and child put in an institutional setting and kept there till some progress can be made with both mother and child .

Wasn't something like that already tried?

30nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

My stance is that drinking/using while pregnant or enabling a known pregnant woman to consume intoxicants should be a crime.

31nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Anonymous

No doubt about that imo.

But the problem still would exist as many women drink when they don't know they are preganant and continue when they find out.

It's that first stage that's problematic.

32nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The first trimester yes.....trouble is with someone who is a chronic substance abuser, the use of contraception is not a priority so it seems....get it while one can right? regardless of the dangers of casual sex (STD transmission) or possible results of said act ( that bundle of joy 9 mos. later that the parent cannot afford to raise as one example).

33nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Anonymous

Far to many are not a bundle of joy but an opps, and treated as such for the rest of their life .

34nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yeah, I do believe that is what many of us have stated numerous times here.....and it gets tiresome as in the Gage Guimond case.....hard for me to feel sorry for the mother when the child was taken from her for good reasons only to die at the hands of a relative (cultural child care imperatives bullshite) who had expressed reluctance at being a foster caregiver.....and the drumbeat goes on and on and on and on........

35nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun May 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Anonymous

So where in your infinite wisdom do you find the solution , sterilization is not one of them . But easier adoption is one of them . Problem is no one wants to take the child and give them a chance at better live . Most of these kids if given the chance can and do lead fairly good life's .

36nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun May 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pav, you always resort to sarcasm when you have nothing new to provide.

37nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun May 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Anonymous

No Pav, I doubt you do.....it was a PRIVATELY commissioned report, not for distribution here. Whatever. Since pav you seem to be an "expert" on this issue could you please tell us your stance regarding forced sterilization or alternatives? Surely in 32 years of dealing with this sad and very preventable condition you must have arrived at some sort of action plan? Opinion? We all know already how controversial certain stances are, what is your stance?

Who is doing what .

38nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

huh?

39nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 7:03 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Pavolo wrote:So where in your infinite wisdom do you find the solution , sterilization is not one of them . But easier adoption is one of them . Problem is no one wants to take the child and give them a chance at better live . Most of these kids if given the chance can and do lead fairly good life's .

Quite a few people are not willing to take a chance on adopting a child who might have FASD.

Pav old chum, could you afford to look after a child with FASD? Would you be willing to adopt a child from Manitoba? Are you a part of the solution?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

40nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 7:20 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Wait a minute...someone is advocating that families adopt aboriginal babies and take them away from their cultures and values? Isn't that considered cultural genocide? Isn't there a movement to try to connect adopted children back with their birth parents?

Seems like that solution has been tried before and been the subject of much criticism.

41nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 7:39 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

A colleague of mine is a foster parent. He and his wife have been looking after dozens of children in the last seven years or so. These people must be saints to take on that responsibility. Some of the stories I've heard are heart-wrenching.

The problem old chums is not a lack of willing foster parents. The problem is an abundance of reckless people that don't accept responsibility for their actions.

Solution? 1) Close your legs; b) if you can't close your legs, get yourself sterilized... Problem with sterilization is they can't get more welfare that way.

42nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 7:54 am

Anonymous

LivingDead wrote:
Pavolo wrote:So where in your infinite wisdom do you find the solution , sterilization is not one of them . But easier adoption is one of them . Problem is no one wants to take the child and give them a chance at better live . Most of these kids if given the chance can and do lead fairly good life's .

Quite a few people are not willing to take a chance on adopting a child who might have FASD.

Pav old chum, could you afford to look after a child with FASD? Would you be willing to adopt a child from Manitoba? Are you a part of the solution?

One I was one of those children in the 50's and I have done quite well Thank you .

Two I have friends that have adopted a child who is white and suffers from it he is doing better every year .

Three Iam to late in life to adopt a child now, but would if I could .

And the comment about white was directed at Freeman just to say not all adoptions in question are Native in ancestry. Cept maybe in your eyes , Yes while the majority are it is not unheard of for the little Barby Princess from River Heights to be part of the problem . You may not hear as much about it as they can or do afford Abortions much easier then the girl on the reserve . After all there is an image remember .

43nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 7:56 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Can you imagine the impact on all those people who fostered and/or adopted Aboriginal kids with high needs, only to be openly criticized for not raising them "culturally" appropriately? Hell of a recruiting campaign for foster parents"

44nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 7:59 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:And the comment about white was directed at Freeman just to say not all adoptions in question are Native in ancestry. Cept maybe in your eyes , Yes while the majority are it is not unheard of for the little Barby Princess from River Heights to be part of the problem . You may not hear as much about it as they can or do afford Abortions much easier then the girl on the reserve . After all there is an image remember .

Oh, get stuffed! You know what this thread is discussing, so don't pull that sh1t.

Remember, I still work in this area, and it is as frustrating as all hell to see this sh1t going on day after day after day.

45nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:07 am

Anonymous

Yes that it is and I agree the natives have really screwed it up with their culture sh1t but the goverment gave into it . This is a huge problem all i tried to do was to show it is across the board . As you sounded very lopsided in your assessment of it .

46nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Excuse me Pav but abortions are free and accessible to ALL that is unless one's male-dominated tribal council decides that you, the woman, should not be terminating a pregnancy due to certain edicts such as the need for propagation therefore no plane ride to Winnipeg for you because we the elders have decided for you what course your womb errr life should take....Oh, I have heard that litany many times in my years up north and am hearing the siren call down here.....we will breed, and breed and breed because we can and that is how we will regain whatever......and you Pav cannot deny that words such as those have been uttered from top all the way down to the fourteen year-old girl who has been pressured into keeping a child she is not prepared to raise.

47nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Is this comment racist?
Yes while the majority are it is not unheard of for the little Barby Princess from River Heights to be part of the problem .
Maybe not. Maybe more offensive me thinks.

That is what is called a classic misdirection ploy. 80 - 90% of FASD children are non-Barbies? Then there are the NON-FASD children in foster care. Any idea as to the ratio of Barbies to non-Barbies?

So why bring it up? Non-Barbies are the reason our systems are overflowing.

48nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 am

Anonymous

Miz point wrote:Excuse me Pav but abortions are free and accessible to ALL that is unless one's male-dominated tribal council decides that you, the woman, should not be terminating a pregnancy due to certain edicts such as the need for propagation therefore no plane ride to Winnipeg for you because we the elders have decided for you what course your womb errr life should take....Oh, I have heard that litany many times in my years up north and am hearing the siren call down here.....we will breed, and breed and breed because we can and that is how we will regain whatever......and you Pav cannot deny that words such as those have been uttered from top all the way down to the fourteen year-old girl who has been pressured into keeping a child she is not prepared to raise.

Hence as said it is not as easy for the girl up north and you are right , in their eyes numbers matter .

Last edited by Pavolo on Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

49nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Yes that it is and I agree the natives have really screwed it up with their culture sh1t but the goverment gave into it . This is a huge problem all i tried to do was to show it is across the board . As you sounded very lopsided in your assessment of it .

"lopsided", really, since you have access to all sorts of data, what is the incidence of FASD amongst the general population vs aboriginals?

My assessment is bang on. Time to get your head out of the sand. Just because it isn't nice to say, doesn't make it so.

50nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

"Non-Barbies", good term.

51nellie mclung was evil? - Page 2 Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon May 03, 2010 8:21 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:
Miz point wrote:Excuse me Pav but abortions are free and accessible to ALL that is unless one's male-dominated tribal council decides that you, the woman, should not be terminating a pregnancy due to certain edicts such as the need for propagation therefore no plane ride to Winnipeg for you because we the elders have decided for you what course your womb errr life should take....Oh, I have heard that litany many times in my years up north and am hearing the siren call down here.....we will breed, and breed and breed because we can and that is how we will regain whatever......and you Pav cannot deny that words such as those have been uttered from top all the way down to the fourteen year-old girl who has been pressured into keeping a child she is not prepared to raise.

Hence as said it is not as easy for the girl up north and you are right , in their eyes numbers matter .

And that my friend, in its own insidious way, is a form of EUGENICS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum