the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

nellie mclung was evil?

+4
grumpy old man
Miz point
rosencrentz
Deank
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1nellie mclung was evil? Empty nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

2nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think MizP is Nellie McClung in her 2nd life! lol

http://www.elansofas.com

3nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so definitely evil then?

4nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I resemble that remark!! nellie mclung was evil? Icon_smile

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

5nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

David Matas is being really icky-picky but I suppose that trait goes with the territory of his discipline. So keeping that in mind let's tear down all the statues because those represented could not possibly live up to Matas's lofty, politically-correct standards.

6nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:22 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So stupid a thought- "Women are human"

http://www.elansofas.com

7nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

because now we know they should only stay in the kitchen right?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/pilot-mounds-new-arena-built-by-pride-91892794.html

"They hired a skilled bricklayer, then had up to a dozen volunteers for the skilled tradesman to train and supervise, a group that included farmers, teachers, insurance agents, pipeline workers, truck drivers, etc. That's how they got it done.
Women in town baked and made sandwiches for the lunches and coffee break"

8nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Baking is a laudable and necessary skill/trade.....no one's contribution to any endeavour that is volunteer in nature should be diminished because of archaic gender roles, age, disability what have you.....volunteerism is volunteerism and when we start to put one's labours above another's? I dunno, sorta wrecks the spirit of volunteerism.

9nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I totally agree Miz P. But the article is written almost as if thats all they would allow the women folk to do.

10nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I did not get that from the article....lots of gender neutral language regarding those "people" who were doing the brick work but yeah when it came to the food prep that was all women's contributions according to the article.

11nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:05 am

Anonymous

Things have never been the same since women got the vote nellie mclung was evil? Lol

It is sorta funny the ways we used to think is it not , but David is wrong on this one she desearves her spot in our history.

12nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It's kind of ironic when you consider there is still talk of sterilizing certain women under certain conditions...

13nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Anonymous

....and is the argument still not valid?

Should a cronic alcoholic woman that keeps popping out FASD babies be sterilized?

14nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The argument is most certainly valid.

Wimmin popping out babies like a Pez dispenser and drinking yourself stupid every night while being incapable of holding down a job ought to be sterilized. At least chemically.

You know. Like they chemically castrate evil min that rape and abuse.

15nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:....and is the argument still not valid?

Should a cronic alcoholic woman that keeps popping out FASD babies be sterilized?

I hate to say it but YES....a child who is FASD will incur costs of near two million dollars by the time they are 18....I worked on a FASD study (I took the shots and edited the report) so that figure is spot on. Probably more now as that study was done about ten years ago.

The one woman who viciously assaulted me back in 1992 got off easy because she was visibly preggo with number six.....her first five were all FASD and had been taken away from her.....if that is not compelling reason enough to at least look deeper into this issue then I dunno....some folks say it is our "god given" right to reproduce but what about the rest of us who do not want to be the victims of future crimes most likely committed by these damaged children? And is it fair to these children to be born this way?

Lots of philosophical issues at play here....

16nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:51 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:....and is the argument still not valid?

Canada's top commie Tommy Douglas would have said YES.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

17nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 am

Anonymous

Lots of philosophical issues at play here....

Never mind legal and moral , What report was this you speak of , I have most of them here and would be interested to know .

18nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:00 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I doubt you would have this one as it was done for a private foundation not in this country. You must have a big study dude because there have been thousands of reports done and we worked on this one the acronym was FAS/FAE. That definitely establishes the timeline in the 90's.

19nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Lots of philosophical issues at play here....

Never mind legal and moral , What report was this you speak of , I have most of them here and would be interested to know .

WHen you speka of morals, the first question is always: whose morals?

Was the Charter of Rights not created to provide a safe and healthy society? If so, is it not in the best interest of society as a whole to tkae action to reduce the incident of FAS births?

20nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:09 am

Anonymous

No it was not created for that reason it was created to guarantee yours and my freedoms and rights in Canadian society . One of which is the right to a safe environment free of persecution .

And Miz I probably do as I have worked with in and around these children for the better part of 32 yrs , before most of society knew the problem had a name .

21nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:No it was not created for that reason it was created to guarantee yours and my freedoms and rights in Canadian society . One of which is the right to a safe environment free of persecution .

Glad to see that you agree with me. So, by these women popping out FAS kids who will grow up and threaten my safety, the Charter protects my rights by allowing government to take action to prevent this from happening.

22nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:16 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote....
"And Miz I probably do as I have worked with in and around these
children for the better part of 32 yrs , before most of society knew
the problem had a name ."

No Pav, I doubt you do.....it was a PRIVATELY commissioned report, not for distribution here. Whatever. Since pav you seem to be an "expert" on this issue could you please tell us your stance regarding forced sterilization or alternatives? Surely in 32 years of dealing with this sad and very preventable condition you must have arrived at some sort of action plan? Opinion? We all know already how controversial certain stances are, what is your stance?

23nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:21 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

forced sterilization be damned.

offer them a $100K one time payment to undergo sterilization.

no morals required.

24nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Interesting....the one hundred grande is a drop in the bucket compared to what their dysfunctional offspring cost in the long run. Someone though would cry "genocide".

25nellie mclung was evil? Empty Re: nellie mclung was evil? Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nope.

We offer to everyone of every race who has a proven history to have unprotected sex and drinks/does drugs whilst preggers.

then its only genocide if one group decides to keep doing it.

Then again I can seriously see some people who would drink and do drugs and such on purpose whilst preggers to get the 100K and that is sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum