the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments?

+10
Goth_chic
usedtoliveinstb
rosencrentz
Deank
Triniman
sputnik
Miz point
Jondo
grumpy old man
Outsider
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Pets Be Allowed in Appartments

Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% [ 12 ]
Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% [ 3 ]
Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

Tenants have to leave once proper notice has been given. That's really as two-way-street as it gets though.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:Tenants have to leave once proper notice has been given. That's really as two-way-street as it gets though.

the question is "what's proper notice"?

i overheard a woman the other day talking to her friend...telling her about her eviction story.

apparently, the landlord sold the property, and the new landlord wanted to raise all the rents and remodel the place so was evicting everyone.

well, they gave the tenants "due" notice according to the old landlord's lease agreements...except the old landlord messed up some of the contracts, and this lady found out her lease was still good because of it for another year.

the new landlord is now forced to wait till next january before they can evict because of a paperwork error.

she believes though, that the new landlord may offer some kind of an "incentive" in the summer to get them to move early (she's suspecting they'll pay moving expenses).

so again...it comes down to the paperwork...and can work in either's favour.

http://www.photage.ca

Anonymous

I rented a place to a young lady c/w 18 month old child and a male room-mate. Month-to-month.

After two weeks with this guy, she gives me "two weeks notice" and moves. He came to the party with the clothes on his back...nothing else. (That was the reason she was moving...he took over the couch / livingroom..)

Anyhoo, he wasn't seen or heard from for several days and I posted an Abandonment Notice on the door. (I was working closely with the RTB in this matter btw).

I "re-took" possession in a legal manner. I have had a Hearing to determine this, but the cops say "Fcuk the Rentalsman"...actually said that.

So, you can see where they will have some accounting to do.

I cannot get into anything further then what I have said at this point.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I would say you also should be sending a letter to McCaskill's office regarding the conduct of this officer as well as LERA if anything to bring it to their attention, the Rentalsman Office, your MLA and civic representative - that is after all procedures are complete.

That is so screwy - how your matter was mishandled.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

JTF wrote:I rented a place to a young lady c/w 18 month old child and a male room-mate. Month-to-month.

After two weeks with this guy, she gives me "two weeks notice" and moves. He came to the party with the clothes on his back...nothing else. (That was the reason she was moving...he took over the couch / livingroom..)

Anyhoo, he wasn't seen or heard from for several days and I posted an Abandonment Notice on the door. (I was working closely with the RTB in this matter btw).

I "re-took" possession in a legal manner. I have had a Hearing to determine this, but the cops say "Fcuk the Rentalsman"...actually said that.

So, you can see where they will have some accounting to do.

I cannot get into anything further then what I have said at this point.

Yeah...that's when I would've photocopied all the abandonment notices, and eviction notices, and whatever else, and pasted them all over EVERY window and door going into the place, and then moved into the unit myself for a week (probably with a shotgun, but maybe just a baseball bat).

Also changed all the locks on the doors and put noise alarms on everything (they are cheap at Dollarama Smile))

Also setup a video camera to catch the break & enter.

Then waited for "whoever" to show up. Gave them a single warning to leave immediately as they are trespassing and will be evicted.

Whoever this is was a guest of a former tenant...they are NOT the tenant...so they may be dealt with a simple burglar...NOT as a former tenant.

And I'd call the RCMP not city police to deal with them.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

AGEsAces wrote:the question is "what's proper notice"?
If there is a lease proper notice is whatever it say's on the lease. Absent a lease the term is month-to-month, and accordingly each party is required to give a month's notice.

That's how I understand it anywho...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I would hate to be the poor 311/water and waste person having to deal with the guy when he calls to find out why "HIS WATER" is no longer working.

Anonymous

AGEsAces wrote:

Yeah...that's when I would've photocopied all the abandonment notices, and eviction notices, and whatever else, and pasted them all over EVERY window

I have witnesses (the tenant renting the other side of the duplex) that have sworn a statement saying that they saw the Abandonment Notice and the For Rent sign on the door and in the windows. That should be better than a picturee eh.

I also have a copy of the signs which were entered as evidence

Also changed all the locks on the doors

Did it. The tenant had to break into the place through a window.

This is really a crazy situation no doubt.

Anonymous

Miz point wrote:I would say you also should be sending a letter to McCaskill's office regarding the conduct of this officer as well as LERA if anything to bring it to their attention,

I doubt McCaskill would do anything. He's likely to cover his a$$holes' asses rather than do the right thing.

the Rentalsman Office

The Rentalsman has been very good in this matter. They know this guy is a bad actor...a con man.
It has been my experience that The Rentalsman is very fair...it's the Act itself that requires some serious changing.

and civic representative

Done. Jenny Gerbasi has actually helped a bit on this.

A Monty Python skit with a Keystone Cops element.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

But...you need to get him out...before he decides to "punish" you by torching the place, or cutting wiring, or punching holes in walls.

Now's the time to get some sheets of plywood and cover all the doors and windows...seal the place up for a short term, and take pictures of the wood screwed in place.

If he breaks in again...have him arrested immediately for vandalism and trespassing.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

without water, I cant imagine him staying in there too long before leaving to at the least go and buy a bottle.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:
Miz point wrote:I would say you also should be sending a letter to McCaskill's office regarding the conduct of this officer as well as LERA if anything to bring it to their attention,

I doubt McCaskill would do anything. He's likely to cover his a$$holes' asses rather than do the right thing.

the Rentalsman Office

The Rentalsman has been very good in this matter. They know this guy is a bad actor...a con man.
It has been my experience that The Rentalsman is very fair...it's the Act itself that requires some serious changing.

and civic representative

Done. Jenny Gerbasi has actually helped a bit on this.

A Monty Python skit with a Keystone Cops element.

I do not expect McCaskill to do "anything" but this matter of his officers and their misconduct does need to be presented to him if anything as you are already aware, to create that all-important paper trail in case of litigation later.....cover the bases right?

Yeah, the Pythonesque elements do not escape my notice and it pisses me off that an asshat like this can get away with what he is doing. I concur with Dean in that I would be very concerned about damages that could be done right now as we speak.

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

80% of people shouldnt own pets as it is, no need for this to be legislated in any way.

http://www.cakefarter.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That stat is 87% I believe.

Anonymous

Miz point wrote:

I do not expect McCaskill to do "anything" but this matter of his officers and their misconduct does need to be presented to him if anything as you are already aware, to create that all-important paper trail in case of litigation later.....cover the bases right?

Ahhh...I got ya'. I do have a fantastic paper trail already...so...I'll add to it.

Yeah, the Pythonesque elements do not escape my notice and it pisses me off that an asshat like this can get away with what he is doing.

Hopefully, he won't be able to much longer.

We went to the Police station and Connie made a report and asked for him to be removed as he is not a tenant by definition in the Act.

The cop said that we would be called to be there when he was arrested.

I'm not getting my hopes up...but GAWD!! I hope the fcuker pulls a knife and is shot!!

I concur with Dean in that I would be very concerned about damages that could be done right now as we speak.

I can't think about that right now.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"The cop said that we would be called to be there when he was arrested."

Why the hell would you have to be there when he was arrested?

Anonymous

I believe that it is to show that we regained legal possession with copies of the documents.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so let me get this straight.

ANY other time the cops are arresting someone they will beat your ass, pepper spray you and steal your glasses just for being within 35 miles of the event. But when you FORCE them to do their job, you have to be there?

Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Anonymous

Nothing makes sense within this entire thing.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hmm... I suggest you record the event if you are going to be there.

Anonymous

Oh ya. Phones are so cool now days eh.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yes, I love the new phones, especially when I can have a record of my ex's drunken slag calling me up late at night yelling at me.....heheheheheh.....USING HIS PHONE!!! Oh it is to laugh at the follies of humans who lack brain matter. Too bad many of them breed.

Anyway, record everything, say nothing unless you really have to......provide no ammo. Go after the officer(s) later in terms of breach of procedural etiquette and such....if we never speak up or enact a complaint via all necessary channels then we have no right to complain about any misdeeds on the part of public servants.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF wrote:I'm not getting my hopes up...but GAWD!! I hope the fcuker pulls a knife and is shot!!

Isn't "tazing" the fashionable thing these days? Here's hoping for a bit of "Excited Delerium"! Should The Law Be Changed To Force Landlords To Allow Pets In Appartments? - Page 2 Icon_smile

At any rate, hope everything works out for the best for ya!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum