the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holiday Plans

+14
eastsider
Triniman
holly golightly
death128
EdWin
AGEsAces
cherenkov
St Norberter
grumpy old man
Miz point
SMW
Deank
Bartron
Goth_chic
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Holiday Plans Empty Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So what is everyone up to for Christmas? What do you and your loved ones do to celebrate?

Christmas Eve I am making a prime rib dinner for the family. Christmas Day we start with a big breakfast, coffee with baileys for mommy & daddy, presents and then dinner. I am making chicken this year with all the trimmings including cabbage rolls and perogies. Boxing Day we are planning on taking the kids to Canad Inns Winter Wonderland.

2Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Family dinner at my cousins house on the 23rd
Family dinner at my moms on the 24th
Big breakfast and presents at our house than dinner at my Grandparents house on 25th
Inlaws for dinner at our place on the 26th

It's going to be busy, but fun!

3Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Decorate the tree tonight..err maybe tommorow. That is unless the wife and kids decorated it whilst I am at work and will just wait til I get home to put the star on. Because if not then we need to wait until like 11ish when my wife will get back from work, since we have to go for hockey right at 6 so I dont get to go home first.

Fast forward past the shopping I have to do yet to Christmas eve, at a relatives.. but it ends early so then maybe back to my place. Maybe hit Canad Wonder land if its actually open to 10PM on Christmas eve like it says?

Christmas day, wake, presents,eat breakfast, cook, clean, eat lunchish, cook, eat, clean, supper, lay around gasping for breath...
boxing day... umm..sleep? HAH!

4Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:41 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Goin' out for Chinese food with the family on the 24th
Spending Christmas Day at my parents'
The Wheeler Clan are getting together on Boxing Day for our annual dinner.

That's 'bout it.

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

5Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

That is what Christmas is all about...spending time with loved ones. Having a big feast with the ones you love. Smile

6Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am going to download select South Park episodes, do bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, eat chocolates and if Mr P is working it will be just me and Hell Geek so I will make something light but elegant. Others may drop by for drinks and chocolate during the day.....I have mixed feelings about this time of the year for obvious reasons but because one part of my family was "christian" I suppose some could say I have the best of both worlds?

On Boxing Day the BF is coming over.....we will go for a country drive.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

7Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Goth_chic wrote:That is what Christmas is all about...spending time with loved ones. Having a big feast with the ones you love. Smile

Absolutely! My most favourite time of year.

8Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Which side was Christian? Did you raise your children Jewish? In Christianity the children follow the father but in Jewish religion they follow the mother...am I right? So if something were to happen to me and the hubby (God forbid) the couple that would raise our children would raise them as Jews, the woman is Jewish and the man is Catholic.

9Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:12 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We do not practice religion in this household and yes, Jewish heritage is along matriarchal lines, not patriarchal. I identify with my culture but eschew the religious aspects as I do not deem them necessary to my intellectual well-being. Why "heaven forbid" in terms of your children being raised possibly Jewish if a tragedy were to occur? I found those words to be rather - well - you figure it out.

10Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

King of Winnipeg wrote:You misread her post/intent MizP. The heaven forbid was most likely relating to losing her husband.

Thats what I read it as to Sam.

11Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:We do not practice religion in this household and yes, Jewish heritage is along matriarchal lines, not patriarchal. I identify with my culture but eschew the religious aspects as I do not deem them necessary to my intellectual well-being. Why "heaven forbid" in terms of your children being raised possibly Jewish if a tragedy were to occur? I found those words to be rather - well - you figure it out.

I meant God Forbid something should happen to me and my husband....like you know we hope we are around to raise our kids and not dead. I have no issuie with my kids being raised Jewish if I was no longer around....if I had an issue with that then I am pretty sure I wouldn't have my Jewish friend named as their legal guardian in my will. Holy Miz p have a drink. LOL

12Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Excuse me but I know GC personally.....do not ever tell me to "chillax". That is up to her to make the clarifications on her words and not for you to do so.

13Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Chillax MizP. Really.

14Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:Excuse me but I know GC personally.....do not ever tell me to "chillax". That is up to her to make the clarifications on her words and not for you to do so.
Okay...chillax. LOL

15Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GOM what are your plans for Christmas? You said it's your favorite time of year...how do you celebrate?

16Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:25 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:
Miz point wrote:We do not practice religion in this household and yes, Jewish heritage is along matriarchal lines, not patriarchal. I identify with my culture but eschew the religious aspects as I do not deem them necessary to my intellectual well-being. Why "heaven forbid" in terms of your children being raised possibly Jewish if a tragedy were to occur? I found those words to be rather - well - you figure it out.

I meant God Forbid something should happen to me and my husband....like you know we hope we are around to raise our kids and not dead. I have no issuie with my kids being raised Jewish if I was no longer around....if I had an issue with that then I am pretty sure I wouldn't have my Jewish friend named as their legal guardian in my will. Holy Miz p have a drink. LOL

Thanks for the clarification, no I do not need a drink and as of late there has been a lot of anti-semitism on here badly veiled may I add?

17Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You don't need a drink? I sure do but I have to leave soon for work...Sad

18Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:27 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:That is what Christmas is all about...spending time with loved ones. Having a big feast with the ones you love. Smile

No... I said I was spending it with family!

Holiday Plans Lol

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

19Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:29 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Goth_chic wrote:GOM what are your plans for Christmas? You said it's your favorite time of year...how do you celebrate?

My entire extended family does Christmas on Christmas eve. This is a feast and fun filled event.

The sisters then spend Christmas Day with their in-laws and that side of their families. I spend that day quietly relaxing.

On Boxing Day my sisters and Bro-in-laws do a nice brunch at a restaurant.

20Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am not seeing any anti-semitism in this forum. I am not for the museum and I think the Aspers are a joke, I truly hope that does not make me anti-semitic.

21Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Not you dear but there are some on here.....they know who they are. Rosen and I will have to make a Golem out of Mr P's Lego.....

22Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The whole idea of this season, IMO, is to enjoy it with those you love. Whether you're Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist etc. It's all about love and being together.

23Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 pm

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

7pm Church service on the 24th and then back to my sister's house with the family for the rest of the evening.

Up early ( 7 ish) on Christmas Day, open presents then over to the in-laws to open presents there and have brunch. Back home to relax/tidy up/nap. Then off to my parents for dinner and presents there.

Boxing day - off to buy a new TV ( or purchase on-line) if the price is right and then more cleaning and relaxing. We go to the in-laws for dinner on new years. Not sure what we are doing on New Years eve though. My friend's band has a gig, so we may go and watch.

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

24Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

For some of us the ghosts of Christmas past are still malingering.....hence the mixed feelings but that being said there will be good food, drinks and laughter regardless....

25Holiday Plans Empty Re: Holiday Plans Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 pm

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

I have plans to be at the King's Head after work. If anyone's in the area, pop in and say 'hi'. Unless you're Jewish. (Just kidding... :-) )

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum