the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cellphone Ban While Driving

+5
LivingDead
Deank
rosencrentz
AGEsAces
grumpy old man
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should We Ban Cells While drivinge

Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% [ 8 ]
Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

Yea, I suppose there is that. Probably a little worse than fiddling with the radio while tuning to a station. We should just ban stupid, moronic drivers.

Let us brilliant, undistractable drivers alone.

27Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:33 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

And therein lies the rub.

If driving tests were actually TESTS instead of a joyride with a paid passenger...there WOULD be fewer moronic drivers on the road.

I've watched many times the so-called "driving school" cars, where they have these idiots out there making illegal turns, NOT using their signals, driving illegally down the road.

I KNOW it takes practice and experience to be a GOOD driver, and it quite honestly takes years. But if you can't get the student to at least USE the signal, or drive straight, they PROBABLY should invest in a bus pass instead of a driving school.

My wife's best friend has never had a license...and doesn't want one. Wherever she needs to go within Winnipeg, she goes by bus. She has two kids, and lives near Inkster and works at Polo Park. You make adjustments in your life to adapt to what is available for you...without putting yourself and, more importantly, everyone else around you at risk.

http://www.photage.ca

28Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I find driving to be stressful....I don't drive often. My hubby does the driving.

29Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LivingDead wrote:
Pavolo wrote:By banning morons from being on the street , I think hands free is best but it is the talking and the fact that you are, making you somewhat divided attention wise. Just wanted to judge the feelings and will clearly note AGEsAces is againsnt it .

Using hands free while driving is just like talking to your passenger. If you cant drive and carry on a conversation then you have no business driving.

I use my hands free headset with my cell phone wile I drive.
I use my hands free steering wheel whenever I am on my cell phone.

30Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:I use my hands free steering wheel whenever I am on my cell phone.

Yes...what good is "The Force" unless you practice once in awhile? Very Happy.

31Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:28 am

Anonymous

...depends on what you call "the force" if you know what I mean...

32Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I almost never use my cell phone to dial 1-900 numbers while driving.

33Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:55 am

Anonymous

What do you use then?

34Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

telepathy

35Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Anonymous

Is that anything like "memory"?

36Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

I NEVER call anyone when I'm driving.
It's the OTHERS that ALWAYS call me when I'm driving...
No, actually, I let the phone ring, then when I stop on the side or get to where I was going, I check to see who called me and call back.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

37Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

99.9% of the calls received are useless and un-needed...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

38Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and .1% are call backs from 1-900 numbers?

39Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:53 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

As I drove down Kenaston yesterday in rush hour traffice, I noticed the woman in the car beside me reading a book which she had propped up on the steering wheel. I'm just glad she wasn't talking on a cell phone, imagine what might have happened.

But it just goes to show you that reading books, doesn't necessarily make you smarter!!

40Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Considering what time it was when you were driving down Kenaston. She could have pretty much taken a nap and because the traffic crawls so bad then, she would have been safe.

41Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:40 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

How is that possible? The lights have been synchronized. Synchronized my ass. The traffic planners in Winnipeg are complete and utter morons.

morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons

42Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Hey...I'm glad you pointed it out Freeman...let's send your post to the politicians so they can ban reading.

We don't want to risk the kids growing up thinking reading is ok...especially when driving Wink

43Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:51 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:Hey...I'm glad you pointed it out Freeman...let's send your post to the politicians so they can ban reading.

We don't want to risk the kids growing up thinking reading is ok...especially when driving Wink

Would a ban on reading while driving be a separate law from the ban on cell phones while driving?

44Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

it would have to be.
and we'd have to have another law to ban putting on makeup
and another one to ban tuning the radio
and another one to ban yelling at your kids in the backseat
and another one to ban reading to your kids on the cellphone while tuning the radio with your lipstick

45Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:19 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Hey I know Agesaces.. how about we implement a law that bans all distractions like that? Yeah that would be awesome. Man the cops would jump right on enforcing that law and everythign.

46Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:How is that possible? The lights have been synchronized. Synchronized my ass. The traffic planners in Winnipeg are complete and utter morons.

morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons

Those are not the words I was uttering as I drove down Kenaston last night. Had 2 of the 12 yr old boys from my sons team in the back seat, must phone the parents today and explain where they learned the new words.

Anyway, as I creeped along Kenaston, stopping every 100m for another set of lights, I noticed a row of vacant houses, the old PMQ's which were part of Kapyong barracks, as well as Kapyong barracks itself and muttered to myself why this major north-south artery could not be expanded to 3 lanes each way.

47Cellphone Ban While Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Cellphone Ban While Driving Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Just the bottleneck bridges to deal with. And watch as they allow the buffer zones along big box row get gobbled up...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum