the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Conservative Government and Climate Change

+9
Jondo
incognito
EdWin
rosencrentz
LivingDead
Deank
grumpy old man
Goth_chic
Ex-Pat-Pegger
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Ex-Pat-Pegger

There's a lot of information here:

2. Observed Climate Variability and Change Contents

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Riverman wrote:
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:I just googled for that. I didn't even have to look in scholarly journals.

I didn't have to read very long to see that the study is woefully incomplete and contradictory.

"Still, Matthews' model eliminates some of the more distressing uncertainties between emissions and warming, which revolve around such issues as carbon sink capacities, atmospheric concentrations of CO2, and anthropogenic emissions, and shows that individual emissions of CO2 result in proportional increases in the global mean temperature, regardless of the time span of emissions"

Google all you want, there is no correlation.

Whatever. Your view is so etched in stone that nothing will change it, no matter how much you say "show me evidence and I'll believe it". It's "woefully incomplete and contradictory" because you deem it so.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yes but EdWin one could say that about anything. There are those who believe and those who don't and those who really don't give a sh1t. Opinions and viewpoints are what makes any discussion worth dscussing.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Pavolo wrote:I don,t just think we speed the proccess up thats all.

Just think of all the water vapor and methane gas produced by the billions of cows and pigs bred to feed humans.

Want to reduce these greenhouse gasses, want to slow the process down? Get rid of the source of pollution, Pigs and Cows. Never mind that hundreds of millions will probably die due to starvation, and ten's of millions will be out of work. There are still plenty of dolphins and whales to eat when all the fish are gone.

Seriously, Food production produces far more greenhouse gases than Automobiles. Plastic manufacturing uses up way more Oil than cars burn.

Everyone in Canada could cut 99% of our current non food emissions and it still would be a drop in a lake compared to the pollution China and India spew.

It is BS. If the Alarmists are correct, then the only way to effectively cut emissions is to have at least 1/2 of the worlds population to die.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I'll eat all the pigs if you promise to eat all the cows

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

LivingDead wrote:It is BS. If the Alarmists are correct, then the only way to effectively cut emissions is to have at least 1/2 of the worlds population to die.

Who gets to decide which half?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The members of the sandbox volunteer.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I'm game, lets start the list. I say all the cliamte change fanatics, starting with Al Gore, that way the rest of us can at least live in peace until the last molecule of oxygen is used on the planet.

Anonymous

Climate change is a joke. It will never happen. Let's just go about our business until the earth repairs itself with another ice age or something. Look at it this way. If Canada adheres to the Kyoto protocol, and as a result jobs are lost, China or India will just steamroll over us, not giving a damm about the effects of the environment.

Ex-Pat-Pegger

Ex-Pat-Pegger

China is going ahead with an aggressive tree planting program and has built the Three Gorges hydro-electric dam to ween itself off of coal powered plants.

Give the developing world a break.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The Three Gorges Dam project which has displaced over two million people, many of them farmers, has destroyed one of the world's most beautiful regions with unique geography....the developing world wants to be like us....that is the problem....if we only led by example?

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Anonymous

China is still opening three of four coal-fired plants every day. Some break they need...a 2x4 across the head perhaps.

Ex-Pat-Pegger

Ex-Pat-Pegger

Some might say the same thing about you JTF.

The Three Gorges reservoir is still filling up.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Freeman wrote:
LivingDead wrote:It is BS. If the Alarmists are correct, then the only way to effectively cut emissions is to have at least 1/2 of the worlds population to die.

Who gets to decide which half?
H1N1, Aids, Smallpox, Anthrax, Typhus, Influenza, Cholera, in other words Mother Nature or a Nuclear exchange between China and India.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:I'll eat all the pigs if you promise to eat all the cows

Dean, the best hamburgers are made with 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground pork. YUM

Ex-Pat-Pegger

Ex-Pat-Pegger

I was misinformed. The Dam is full and is apparently causing Earthquakes.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:China is going ahead with an aggressive tree planting program and has built the Three Gorges hydro-electric dam to ween itself off of coal powered plants.

That's like saying, Your honor he only killed 3 men, give him a break.

If the Alarmists are to be believed, then all of mankind needs to change and change now.

Ex-Pat-Pegger

Ex-Pat-Pegger

LivingDead wrote:
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:China is going ahead with an aggressive tree planting program and has built the Three Gorges hydro-electric dam to ween itself off of coal powered plants.

That's like saying, Your honor he only killed 3 men, give him a break.

If the Alarmists are to be believed, then all of mankind needs to change and change now.

I like that, Alarmists. It's like they are an alarm of what is going wrong. Beep Beep Beep...wake up.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LivingDead wrote:
Deank wrote:I'll eat all the pigs if you promise to eat all the cows

Dean, the best hamburgers are made with 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground pork. YUM

fine we share then.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:I was misinformed. The Dam is full and is apparently causing Earthquakes.

just like the alarmists said it would Smile

Ex-Pat-Pegger

Ex-Pat-Pegger

You should listen to alarmists.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I do not care to argue who is right or wrong but to state emphatically that there is nothing wrong with good stewardship of this planet regardless of borders, cultures or economies. One cannot keep shitting in their backyard and not expect the shite to become a problem. We are stuck on this planet so we may as well keep it reasonably liveable?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Agreed, I use public transit more, don't use bottled water and try to keep unnecessry lights turned off. Doing my part, so don't rag at me.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Turning off lights is one of my favourite things to do although it does annoy the hell out of some folks I know. It would be said to me "why bother as we have the cheapest power on the planet?" and I would tell them of places where I lived where the power rates were as much as 8 times higher....one just got into conserving for many reasons.

If we reduced our use of household plastics that would be a great start.....for example using wax paper when nuking foods instead of saran wrap....better for your body....mind you I would have a hard time giving up Ziplocs.....they are a necessary evil at times.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I do my bit by burning plastic every time I can so that it does not end up in a landfill somewhere

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

That is even worse Dean.....by burning it you are releasing the toxins into the air that you and yours breathe. The burning of plastics (our discards) that is happening in places like China, Ghana and Bangladesh is creating several issues like airborne carcinogens, polluted groundwater, polluted runoff going into the sea and more birth defects.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum