the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Conservative Government and Climate Change

+9
Jondo
incognito
EdWin
rosencrentz
LivingDead
Deank
grumpy old man
Goth_chic
Ex-Pat-Pegger
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Miz point

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

That is even worse Dean.....by burning it you are releasing the toxins into the air that you and yours breathe. The burning of plastics (our discards) that is happening in places like China, Ghana and Bangladesh is creating several issues like airborne carcinogens, polluted groundwater, polluted runoff going into the sea and more birth defects.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:I do my bit by burning plastic every time I can so that it does not end up in a landfill somewhere

LOL.

Anyhow, I don't want to be told what to do by big government any more than I already am. I don't want to pay carbon tax, I don't want a cap and trade system.

I will recycle, I will choose products with less packaging if possible, I will compost my grass clippings, leaves and other household food prep organic non-protein matter. I will use a more fuel efficient vehicle to commute to work and back (as there is no cross town bus service to my work).

I will do my part because it is the right thing for me to do, but I will not sit here and bullshit myself by saying that if we cut emissions developing countries will too. There is no fricking way India, China, Malaysia, Korea, etc... are gonna cut emissions any time soon. Don't fool yourselves or allow yourself to be fooled.

They want what we have, and to get it they must modernize. Lets look at what this means. China and India combined have 2 billion people. They all want modern appliances, a car, cell phone, TV etc... They want to shop at huge mega grocery stores like we do, they want to get fat on pig and cow. All this = Incredible amounts of Green house gas emissions, and pollution. At the same time all those people need jobs, they need to make things for western nations to buy. They need the jobs to get the money to invest in their country so they can modernize. This means making products for us cheaply, and pollution control is not cheap. China is now one of the worlds most polluted countries. They are poisoning their land, lakes, rivers, and air.

So don't feed me the bullshit about letting them develop, when it is development that causes the most pollution.

In the end, the planet will still be here, millions of years from now the planet will recover from anything we do (except if we frick up and create a black hole that compresses us into the size of an atom). What ever creatures roam the earth then lets hope they don't make the same mistakes we make.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Exactly.....China will always do what China wants to do.....just like us and therein lies the rub. Those of us who do try to do the right thing - it's like pissing in the wind....

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

[quote="Miz point" Those of us who do try to do the right thing - it's like pissing in the wind....[/quote]

Well, I guess thats OK, as long as you wash your hands after. The Conservative Government and Climate Change - Page 5 Icon_smile

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point wrote:That is even worse Dean.....by burning it you are releasing the toxins into the air that you and yours breathe. The burning of plastics (our discards) that is happening in places like China, Ghana and Bangladesh is creating several issues like airborne carcinogens, polluted groundwater, polluted runoff going into the sea and more birth defects.

ahh.. so I should burn it and make sure to flush the remaining stuff right after? gotcha.. thanks for the tip

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"except if we frick up and create a black hole that compresses us into the size of an atom). "
which will be happening in about 17 days.. for those keeping track.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Can anyone tell me why we (Canadiands) should spend any tax money to keep our part of the country from warming up? It makes no sense, hence our stupid government (Conservatives(?), Liberals, NDP, and that idiot blond girl from the Green Party), will spend billions on it!

http://www.elansofas.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Jeffrey Simpson, writer for The Globe and mail, criticises Harper and the Conservatives on our Canadian stance of do nothing.
We have already spent some $8+ Billion on different studies, and most of the Conservative supporters cann't figure out what else to study lol

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/opinion/conservative-voters-rock-solid-by-reflex/article1773968/

Meantime, Canada’s international reputation on climate change is well known to be abysmal. That reputation cost Canada among Pacific island states and other countries with shorelines at risk of disappearance, to say nothing of hurting in parts of Europe where governments take climate change seriously.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I forgot I cut out a letter to the Globe and Mail Editorial that really I tink explains everything:

" the potential destabilization of humanity, geographic shifts in breadbaskets, combined with rapidly increasing natural disasters, can trigger mass migration and regional conflicts, and the domino effect can profoundly compromise global security.
Andrew Souvaliotis, Toronto

I couldn't have said it better myself! lol

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Oh crap, I was wasting my time reading this thread and was just at the end before I noticed it's a year old. This climate change stuff was such a fad ...

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I hope you are right, but I suspect that a lot of Conservative supporters are getting rich doing studies about how warm Winnipeg is getting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum