the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

remember those body bags? yeah the nurses in the communities ordered them

+4
LivingDead
grumpy old man
Miz point
Deank
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/No-ill-will-in-body-bags-shipped-to-northern-reserves-report-63682192.html

The body bags shipped to northern Manitoba reserves last month were ordered by nurses on the ground in the communities

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

better yet.. the reserve actually ordered 100 body bags but only 38 were shipped because 100 was seen as too many.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

No brainer there.....this little tidbit.....now why did it take so long for this to surface? Ooooo I love it!!!

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Anonymous

Don't expect an apolgy from those fricken turd-eaters.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Miz point wrote:No brainer there.....this little tidbit.....now why did it take so long for this to surface? Ooooo I love it!!!

because they had to do an expensive report demanded by the Natives

But dont forget the day after the gov response was... this is Normal.. but the Natives demanded a better answer.

Anonymous

A lot of people said to chilax and wait, as it could be the normal supply.

The media played up the story too much methinks.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

This does not surprise me at all. The chiefs that raise Cain should be severely chastised.

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/No-ill-will-in-body-bags-shipped-to-northern-reserves-report-63682192.html

The body bags shipped to northern Manitoba reserves last month were ordered by nurses on the ground in the communities

WHAT, OMG. Health Canada did not mess up? Health Canada was not sending a message to the Aboriginals that they expect them to die.

What the poorest of poor aboriginals in Canada have a better quality of life than Middle Class Africans... Say it ain't so. When will the government say enough is enough. The Government (CHRC) forces Ezra Levant to defend himself because someone said his re-publication of some religious/political charged cartoons in his magazine was a hate crime. Why does the Government and the CHRC sit idly by while basic Human rights violations happen daily on First nations reservations?

Why doesnt someone say enough is enough. Ok we will settle your land claims, that date back 300 years. But you must choose, 1) live they way your ancestors did (ie. no grocery stores, no cigaretts, no booze, no TV, no cars, no skidoo's, no wodden houses. Just forrage, hunt and fish, everyone pulls their weight or they perish). or 2) Assimilate in to the 21st century and be like every one else. (ie. Go to school get a job be responsible for your own actions.).

I dont understand why these people cant keep their culture and become part of 21st century Canada. Ukrainians came to Canada blended right in and managed to keep their heritage. Chinese came to Canada, were treated like dog sh1t and were worked to death, but they perservered and they blended right in while managing to keep their heritage.

I guess they are truly enslaved buy the Government and by themselves. By taking the handouts and continually asking for more and more they have doomed themselves. Sad state of affairs for a once proud and noble people.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

the media definitely played a large part in making this whole thing way too overblown.

media as a whole is on a downward spiral in my opinion for reasons like this story

http://www.cakefarter.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the media could have told the chief.. yeah whatever... its not a story. OR ... just for a second now lets consider this..... THE CHIEF COULD HAVE TALKED TO THE NURSES FIRST instead of just the people unpacking the stuff?

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I noticed last night that Cheif Evans has accepted the response that the Feds have provided but yet some of the chiefs of the bands say that is not enough and they want a public, written apology. Get off your high horse and get on with things, this winter is not going to get any better, only worse if you listen to all of the reports. I also noticed that the household H1N1 kits are being delivered to the northern reserves this week. Again at the cost of the Manitoba taxpayers. WHERE IS MY HOUSEHOLD KIT??????????????provided to me free of charge?

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yes Holly I was wondering that myself. Where is my household kit?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I too would like a free supply of tylenol, hand sanitizer and a thermometer.

Evans said.. its not like in Winnipeg where you can just run down to the 24/7 shoppers drug mart. Guess what.... that same reality exits all over rural MB. What happens when its the middle of the night and something like this happens? Why geez you call your neighbour, your friend, whoever to your rescue and you pay them back as soon as you can.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am posting from under my table. I remember back in the 50's being given advice of hunkering down there to be safe from a nuclear attack.
Don't you love the wash your hands advice that may may improve your hygiene? but cannot do anything to prevent H1N1, as that is an airborne disease that may be caught by having infected people sneeze on you!
Stupid advice, that has nothing to do with getting "the flu"!
Everyone gets the flu! So what? And the aboriginals are more likely to have an adverse reaction to catching the flu? So what! They are quite unhealthy? So what! They should get awritten apology from everyone!! I agree! I am sorry that you are stuck way up North with no job, poor housing! Poor education! Poor food! Expensive everything!
The white men who convinced you to live there are all dead. If you notice things aren't too good there, then please get out of there and come into Winnipeg, and get some housing, some training, as there are 1,000's of good paying jobs for workers.
If you prefer to do nothing, then keep washing your hands to prevent the H1N1 flu.

http://www.elansofas.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum