the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Save the Boobs ad offensive?

+4
AGEsAces
LivingDead
Deank
Triniman
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:52 am

LivingDead

general-contributor
general-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:Prostate cancer they start at 40..at least that's when my doc said he'll start tracking it every 2 years.

As far as finding the lumps....I'm sure you could easily find volunteers to "check" for you...just don't be surprised if the "exam" takes a couple of hours. Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Icon_wink

I do find it a shame the wait for simple things like these exams. Of course...that's another thread entirely.

Starting at 40, I've had the prostrate check every year. My doctor said due to my family history (Father had prostrate cancer and died) That I need to be more vigilant than most lest I end up like my Father. Guys go get the fricking check it don't hurt, I'd rather catch it early and survive than catch it too late and die. Same goes for the ladies, get the tests, catch it early and survive.

I have friend(s) who have not seen a doctor in over 10 years and have no desire to see one for another 10. He hates doctors so much that over the years he has given himself stiches, Drained an abscess in his jaw with a kitchen knife.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

27Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

i dont hate doctors, I just cant find a good one that will listen all the time.

umm who hasn;t given them self stitches and drained abcesses themselves?

28Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Ewwwwwwwww.....Not me......yeck - but i could if I had to.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

29Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:16 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

LivingDead wrote:He hates doctors so much that over the years he has given himself stiches, Drained an abscess in his jaw with a kitchen knife.

you're not supposed to use a kitchen knife...you're supposed to use a box cutter.

I hate doctors too...but there are some things you can't fix yourself.

I had a sebaceous cyst in my arm when I was about 27...got a razor blade and cut an X across the top of it...squeezed out the cyst and picked out anything I could with tweezers...then put a bandage on it and went to my volleyball match.
One of the guys on my team is a surgeon...and I had him take a quick look at my "handiwork". He said he was impressed, and that as long as I kept a bandage & meds on it it should heal nicely...and it did. Can't even see the scar anymore...and he didn't even send me a bill for the consultation Wink.

http://www.photage.ca

30Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Remember that climbing dude who amputated his leg with a Swiss Army knife? Gnarly.

31Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

holly golightly wrote:"Breast Cancer has one of the highest rates of survival among all cancers too."
This may be the case, but how many of these women die from all of the other recovery issues/complications. I have had too many friends who have had the major mastectomy and then a few years down the line have taken their lives or attempted to because of the "issues" that happen because they have one less breast. There is no other cancer that has a profound affect on a persons physical being and emotional well being IMHO.

"There is no other cancer that has a profound affect on a persons physical being and emotional well being IMHO."
What about pancreatic cancer that pretty much kills everyone that gets it. Or lung cancer that pretty much kills everyone that gets it and if it doesn't kill you you have to live attached to a respirator or try to live with one lung. I think death has a more profound effect on someones physical well being than being breast less.

I'm not trying to downplay breast cancer at all. I know it has ruined many lives. I'm just sick of all this B.S and people acting like it's the worst cancer in the world. It's very survivable . There are many more cancers that are way more destructive to the human body, and have a much lower chance of survival.

32Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I think its way more of a piss off how much money is raised/spent on HIV/AIDS research and such. At one point it far far far outpaced the money for any other disease, no idea if that is still true.

33Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Bartron wrote:
holly golightly wrote:"Breast Cancer has one of the highest rates of survival among all cancers too."
This may be the case, but how many of these women die from all of the other recovery issues/complications. I have had too many friends who have had the major mastectomy and then a few years down the line have taken their lives or attempted to because of the "issues" that happen because they have one less breast. There is no other cancer that has a profound affect on a persons physical being and emotional well being IMHO.

"There is no other cancer that has a profound affect on a persons physical being and emotional well being IMHO."
What about pancreatic cancer that pretty much kills everyone that gets it. Or lung cancer that pretty much kills everyone that gets it and if it doesn't kill you you have to live attached to a respirator or try to live with one lung. I think death has a more profound effect on someones physical well being than being breast less.

I'm not trying to downplay breast cancer at all. I know it has ruined many lives. I'm just sick of all this B.S and people acting like it's the worst cancer in the world. It's very survivable . There are many more cancers that are way more destructive to the human body, and have a much lower chance of survival.
You try losing something that has been a part of your outward physical appearance and for some women it is partially what defines them as a person and then come back and tell me it is not one of the worst cancers out there. Like it has been written on this forum many times, walk a mile in someone elses shoes and then make a judgement. Until you can magically turn yourself into a woman and have a breast removed don't ever say it is not debilitating.

34Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

gonna have to say. I would much rather lose a nut, a breast , a leg, heck even an eye or maybe my tongue, then the use of my lungs... lungs are kinda a little higher up on the importance scale.

35Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:41 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Try having your penis taken off and then let me know if you are ok with that.
Yes it has struck a cord with me because it has personally affected me so for anyone to say it is not devestating to lose a breast, until you have and been the victim of extreme ridicule and being stared at endlessly because you only have one breast (you don't get the fake ones until minimum of 6 weeks after surgery) be very careful what you say. I would rather have lung cancer and have part of my lung removed. Even skin cancer being outwardly noticeable is not as devastating as having a breast removed, it is part of your sexual being. Men look at you like a freak and women look at you in a different manner, most pity you because you no longer have what they do. Most husbands no longer want to have sex with their wife because they can't look at you and see you as desireable because you no longer have 2 to play with. They can't "get it up" because of all of their own feelings or lack their of. The strength of a woman to get through this type of personally devastating cancer is like no other and the ones who do make the full recovery are to be commended.

36Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

You can get fake breasts. Fake lungs don't exist. You need lungs to live. You don't need breasts to live.

37Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Try having your penis taken off and then let me know if you are ok with that."

over my lungs? frick yeah... would it suck and make me feel less of a man? most probably.. but I would be alive.

38Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:"Try having your penis taken off and then let me know if you are ok with that."

over my lungs? frick yeah... would it suck and make me feel less of a man? most probably.. but I would be alive.

yeah...i don't think it would suck as often as it used to Wink.

39Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Anonymous

lol!

40Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:11 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

You obviously don't get it Bartron. I understand that lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer are terminal and survival is not an option. But to have a part of your physical being removed and then have to live with it for the rest of your life.............get a fake penis and then tell me how it "feels" to be touched by your partner. Fake breasts are just that, FAKE. There is no sensation when they are touched. A woman loses all nerve feelings in the area of the breast, including the nipple. When the FAKE breast in implanted, they use skin from another part of your body to reconstruct so the "sexual" sensations that a normal breast had is no longer there. So yes you can survive with FAKE breasts and Deank says he could survive without a penis but really living is another thing. And for a man who has to have his penis removed, no one sees that, a man's package may be small, but a woman's breasts are front and centre on their anatomy so it is very noticable when you only have one even if

41Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

AGEsAces wrote:
Deank wrote:"Try having your penis taken off and then let me know if you are ok with that."

yeah...i don't think it would suck as often as it used to Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Icon_wink.

not sure how talented you are, but I dont have anywhere near the ability to make it suck stuff.

42Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:14 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:

yeah...i don't think it would suck as often as it used to Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Icon_wink.
This is the crap that I am talking about that a survivor has to deal with. Only a man would make a joke something so personal.

43Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

that's not true...many women would too.

and many people have...over the years...because the more people who make it a depressing and negative thing...the worse it is for everyone else.

Yes...it's awful to get cancer...my mom had it...and I can say she's (and our family) is probably fortunate that she died in a car accident rather than have to suffer through all the treatments and trauma that goes with it only to have the ultimate same outcome.

But, though tragic, it's part of life...just like other things like MS, CP, Diabetes, Epilepsy, AIDS, etc.
Each have their varying levels of intensity and torture to individuals & families alike...but all of them (including Cancer) need to be taken as a hurdle of life...and not as an insurmountable wall. Some hurdles are higher than others...and some people have shorter legs than others...but ultimately...EVERYONE will die from something...so enjoy and embrace what's here while you can. And while these ailments may tear apart our emotions and wreak havoc among our loved ones...they should be dismissed as often as possible and not allowed to consume our existence.

Now...everyone has their own point(s) of view about things...for some of us...a humourous reaction is normal...not as a means of offending others...but as a means of dismissing the severity and trying to maintain a level of control.

44Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I agree Ages but the b1tch some of us have to deal with is not our illness as much as the reactions and inactions of others who were once close to us.....abandonment/rejection is hard to take no matter how strong, emotionally, someone may believe they are.

45Save the Boobs ad offensive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Save the Boobs ad offensive? Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

holly golightly wrote:You obviously don't get it Bartron. I understand that lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer are terminal and survival is not an option. But to have a part of your physical being removed and then have to live with it for the rest of your life.............get a fake penis and then tell me how it "feels" to be touched by your partner. Fake breasts are just that, FAKE. There is no sensation when they are touched. A woman loses all nerve feelings in the area of the breast, including the nipple. When the FAKE breast in implanted, they use skin from another part of your body to reconstruct so the "sexual" sensations that a normal breast had is no longer there. So yes you can survive with FAKE breasts and Deank says he could survive without a penis but really living is another thing. And for a man who has to have his penis removed, no one sees that, a man's package may be small, but a woman's breasts are front and centre on their anatomy so it is very noticable when you only have one even if

Maybe I don't get it, but all I'm trying to say is sure breast cancer is terrible. But it is far from the worst disease someone could get. It's far from being the worst cancer someone could get. But so much money and research is going into breast cancer, which is very survivable. Imagine if one of the much more deadly cancers had all the publicity that breast cancer did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum