the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

iggy is once again demanding transparency...

+4
Bartron
grumpy old man
Triniman
Deank
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL oh man why do I find that so very very very funny of a statement to be coming out of his mouth?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Ignatieff-demands-answers-on-EI_-finances-to-avoid-election.html

so lets get this straight the NDP and bloq before even reading the report completely, before taking the time to consider options and impact on the country have just said outright.. nope we dont support it. ( ever thought maybe to talk to the voters? nah.. )

and iggy has said... SPEND MORE WHY IS THE DEFECIT SO HIGH...SPEND MORE!!..and I demand transparency but I wont answer questions about my past or future!...

frick I want a new election just so that it can be over and done with. oh wait... never mind.. just going to be another minority government again.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

An election might be worth while if Iggy were to lose his seat and the NDP get no seats at all!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That won't happen me thinks. Just a majority though will put Iggy and Jack in their places. But Canadians will hold Harper responsible for the economy and the deficit and other related evils because assholes like Iggy and Jack open their mouths.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Aren't the Liberals tied with the Conservatives in the polls currently? Probably just another minority government Sad

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Liberals are actually ahead by a few points... hmmm.. wonder what Iggy thinks he will accomplish ( besides making Dion the only Liberal leader who has never been PM ).

Anonymous

Some think Harper is the idiot , also ? The last I heard the Liberals are back on top in the 911 area code the one that counts, Toronto area .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Harper would probably have a majority right now if he had let them trigger an election last fall. Now.. no way its going to be anything but another minority, just real hard to say for whom.. probably Liberals though now that Dion and his Insane Green plan are gone. ( most importantly now that Dion himself is gone)

Anonymous

Yes that is true but Harper has also lost all support in Quebec , due to his own stupidity.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

All politicians strive to be transparent!!

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

Yes they do thats why we think they are liars and cheats . least some do. Laughing

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Does anyone think that an election changing one minority government for another will be of any value? Seems we'll be in exactly the same position except that Iggy will be our PM. While indeed not Dion he is just as annoying.

This would be a complete waste of dearly needed dollars.

Anonymous

You seem convinced he would not get a majority. Why

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:You seem convinced he would not get a majority. Why

Because very little has changed for the populace. Unless the greens walk away completely ( extremely doubtful) the Libs will only be picking up a couple of seats here and there., MAybe not even enough to being the leading minority

Anonymous

Yes that is the attuide they had about Harper winning a majority last time till he opened his mouth without the script .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why?

The Liberals have shown Canadians nothing in three years in opposition. Except maybe an uncanny ability to elect (?) leaders that seem to polarize Canadians.

Further, many years that included several disastrous mistakes and outright fraud while in power, will not inspire Canadians to vote for a majority Liberal government.

Despite the worst recession in a few generations Canada is sailing in relatively calm waters. Certainly the recession is not this government's fault however it is in no small measure their handling of the economy locally and the image Canada presents globally that helps us stay the course.

Your turn. Tell us why the Liberals should be voted in to replace Harper and his gang?

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

Manitoba is doing quite well during the recession. Maybe we should all vote NDP federally.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You can be banned for such heresy. Shame. Shame on you. Bite your tongue.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

If Iggy is so demanding of the people of Canada to spend more needless $$$$$ on an election, maybe we should be just as demanding back and say pay for the election yourself out of your election campaign funds. If he wants to fix the economy, does he not think that calling an election is going to make it worse than it already is????????????? Typical silly servant, doesn't give a sh!t about where the money is coming from, just as long as it is in his/her best interest. Love the commercial, "just in it for himself".
Instead of prolonging the regeneration of this country's economy by calling an election, work with the existing government to get it going now and then once Canada is back on track maybe something more can be done.
And I don't vote on party lines, I vote for the candidate who will best serve my community regardless of party. I an not an NDP supporter, nor am I a Liberal or Conservative supporter. Tell me/show me what you can do and you will get my vote.

umcrouc0

umcrouc0
contributor plus
contributor plus

You've just stated the Liberal's official position.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

holly golightly wrote:If Iggy is so demanding of the people of Canada to spend more needless $$$$$ on an election, maybe we should be just as demanding back and say pay for the election yourself out of your election campaign funds. If he wants to fix the economy, does he not think that calling an election is going to make it worse than it already is????????????? Typical silly servant, doesn't give a sh!t about where the money is coming from, just as long as it is in his/her best interest. Love the commercial, "just in it for himself".
Instead of prolonging the regeneration of this country's economy by calling an election, work with the existing government to get it going now and then once Canada is back on track maybe something more can be done.
And I don't vote on party lines, I vote for the candidate who will best serve my community regardless of party. I an not an NDP supporter, nor am I a Liberal or Conservative supporter. Tell me/show me what you can do and you will get my vote.

Well the well has gone dry for advertiser/communictions firms now that the Ehealth scandal broke, so the liberals have to do something to get more money flowing for those two industries seeing as how they are their favorite ones Smile

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"And I don't vote on party lines, I vote for the candidate who will best serve my community regardless of party. I an not an NDP supporter, nor am I a Liberal or Conservative supporter. Tell me/show me what you can do and you will get my vote."

some days I wish we could make that law.

maybe somehow have an extra check box at the voting station..

Are you voting for a party, or a platform ?
Those who select party get a small zap or an extra $500 taken out of their pocket.

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:
Why?

The Liberals have shown Canadians nothing in three years in opposition. Except maybe an uncanny ability to elect (?) leaders that seem to polarize Canadians.

Further, many years that included several disastrous mistakes and outright fraud while in power, will not inspire Canadians to vote for a majority Liberal government.

Despite the worst recession in a few generations Canada is sailing in relatively calm waters. Certainly the recession is not this government's fault however it is in no small measure their handling of the economy locally and the image Canada presents globally that helps us stay the course.

Your turn. Tell us why the Liberals should be voted in to replace Harper and his gang?
Not sure if they should but I really do not believe they will force the election , since the meetings today between the leaders. I don,t believe the deal with GM was that well thought out , and will come back to haunt Harper.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That may well be true but it is absolutely impossible to judge given the extremeness of that situation.

See, if the government's did nothing then one could judge. They die or they survive. By doing something, unless they die anyway, there really is no way of determining what might have have happened otherwise.

Anonymous

Yes but some say we did not get enough guaranties of no plant closures for our money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum