the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

sickening crap... shooting at holocaust museum

+3
rosencrentz
JT Estoban
Deank
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/10/museum.shooting/index.html?iref=werecommend

unreal... sources say it was an 88 year old white supremacist

Anonymous

I tell ya....museums are dangerous!!! Especially holocaust ones in disguise. So there. Rolling Eyes

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Well, it sure is a good thing we don't have any of those white supremacists around here.......wait....we do?.....dang a little girl.....by her folks...... [sigh]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah are Manitobas Morons ( racists by another name ) ... crazy enough to pull sh1t like this at the HRM when its built? I kind of doubt that. Maybe someone like triniman over the waste Smile but not some racist morons.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Thank goodness the museum guard wasn't Jewish, or someone would claim that this was done by a racist!

http://www.elansofas.com

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:yeah are Manitobas Morons ( racists by another name ) ... crazy enough to pull sh1t like this at the HRM when its built? I kind of doubt that. Maybe someone like triniman over the waste Smile but not some racist morons.

Oi! I resemble that remark!

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Maybe the guy thought they were shooting a film and when he heard someone say "take two!", he did...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Can't wait to see how the backers of our white elephant, err, museum, milk this in the mainstream media.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

why white elephant? $300,000,000 to buld it- generates a huge amount on local benefits, and then $2,000,000 per month in running costs for our local economy, all funded by the federal government.

This is bigger and better than IKEA!
I don't see any downside to having a museum built here in Winnipeg.
What is the downside of having this in Winnipeg, as opposed to being built in Ottawa??
Who would prefer this money spent in another City?
This is a planned expense! The project has been confirmrd!

http://www.elansofas.com

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

rosencrentz wrote: why white elephant? $300,000,000 to buld it- generates a huge amount on local benefits, and then $2,000,000 per month in running costs for our local economy, all funded by the federal government.
I wonder where the federal government will get the money for the construction and running costs?
Oh right, the taxpayers.

rosencrentz wrote:
Aren't you worried they will divert money Manitoba gets for current priorities like:
-Health Care
-Natives
-Land Claims
-Road Repair
-etc

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

-Health Care: according to Evil Doer our health care system is in perfect condition. And would be even better if Filmon had not screwed it up 12 years ago.
-Natives: are a Federal responsibility. Besides, there is not enough money in the whole universe to fix this.
-Land Claims: see above
-Road Repair: Our roads need repair? Holy crap. If we spend the HRM money on our roads will they be all better?

How do they fund other federal museums? Does that mean Ottawa can't afford to fix their roads. They have a ton of federal museums.

We should demand an inquiry.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:why white elephant? $300,000,000 to buld it- generates a huge amount on local benefits, and then $2,000,000 per month in running costs for our local economy, all funded by the federal government.

This is bigger and better than IKEA!
What is the downside of having this in Winnipeg, as opposed to being built in Ottawa??
Who would prefer this money spent in another City?
This is a planned expense! The project has been confirmrd!

Weird. Supporters of the museum always seem to drag out the old "why would you prefer it go to another city?" argument, yet I've never heard anyone suggest it go elsewhere. No, Rosie, eye would rather not see it built anywhere with tax dollars. It should not be built here because there already is a waiting list worth about $4.5 billion in infrastructure maintenance that needs to be done. And, yes, spending any of the $4.5 billion will have local benefits for our economy.

The difference between the two is simple: We NEED infrastructure maintenance. We dont' need this museum. One is a must-have, one is a nice-to-have. Want to reach hundreds of millions of people with the information that the museum wants society to know? Let them build a website.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

There was another press release today. Gail announced another $23 million donation. She said she was going to build a really big human rights web site. And whatever was left she was going to give to her brother do he can build a really big web site for the Blue Bombers.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:There was another press release today. Gail announced another $23 million donation. She said she was going to build a really big human rights web site. And whatever was left she was going to give to her brother do he can build a really big web site for the Blue Bombers.

You must have a stadium to play football. It can't be played on a website!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They just need a field. The game can be broadcast on the website. I understand they'll be playing at Grand Park High School.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:They just need a field. The game can be broadcast on the website. I understand they'll be playing at Grand Park High School.

those stands are too far from the field to properly enjoy the cheerleaders... Have it at the Garden Grove soccer pitch instead.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:those stands are too far from the field to properly enjoy the cheerleaders...

That is a valid concern for everyone.....however, I would bet dollars to donuts they would let you bring your own chair if you didn't want to use the stands....you'd just have to submit to a Winnipeg Enterprises' cavity search first.....

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

are the cheerleaders doing the cavity search?

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

have you seen a Winnipeg Enterprises' "cheerleader" ?? pale

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

They are Air Canada stewardesses.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:They are Air Canada stewardesses.

LMAO lol!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so we are saying thats a bad thing???

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Not a bad thing if you are attracted to miserable 65 year old women.

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

65 year old women need lovin' too......thanks for taking care of that for the rest of us Deank! geek

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no problem!

someone has to stop them from getting all crazy and demanding Tazings from police.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum