the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

an extremely cold naked wizard getting taZered

+2
anny
Deank
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

at least I am guessing he must be extremely cold..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/23/naked-wizard-tazered-at-c_n_190502.html

maybe the cops were just trying to warm him up?

Video is not safe for work.. well I guess would be not safe for work if it were not so cold out...

anny

contributor
contributor

This is just ridiculous. One of the commenters said it best. If tasers are supposed to reduce the need to fire a gun, then we need to ask, would the police officers have used a gun on this guy if they hadn't had a taser? The naked guy was breaking a few laws, probably, but was he violent?

Last edited by anny on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

The guy was obviously stoned on some sort of drug... very very very stoned.. hell after getting hit with the taser 5 or more times he was still saying.. its a beutiful thing..
Depending on what drug it would be almost impossible to handcuff him without breaking his arms..the cops were trying... but its not as easy as everyone thinks it is..

. The knee to the chest? yeah that was uncalled for... the tazing to the back of the neck and the amount of force being used to push the tazer into the guy... yeah uncalled for.. but there was no way.. none whatsover that the cops were going to cuff this guy without him being tazed.

anny

contributor
contributor

So... naked in public, drugged in public, non-compliant = handcuffed/arrested and if that can't happen = tasered too?

Hmm...

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The guy was:
1) Indecent in public (thats from a legal view, not an opinion)
2) Obviously under the influence of magic wizard dust
3) Resisting

What was the other option...batons?

But OK, he obviously didn't have a concealed weapon. Hell, it might well be argued that the didn't have any weapon.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

The tazer didn't effect him because he's a Wizard....duh!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Bartron wrote:The tazer didn't effect him because he's a Wizard....duh!

Never thought of that, but if he is truly a wizard, possessing magical powers, maybe the could have fixed some other things, like his....well, you understand.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

After actually watching the video I too think that is ridiculous, the guy was totally peaceful he just didn't want to put his clothes on. I'm sure they could have eventually talked him into putting his clothes on. Was it necessary to repeatedly shock the guy? What if they killed that guy? What would they say?........ ahhhh well he wouldn't put his clothes on so we had to kill him .

Last edited by Bartron on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman wrote:
Bartron wrote:The tazer didn't effect him because he's a Wizard....duh!

Never thought of that, but if he is truly a wizard, possessing magical powers, maybe the could have fixed some other things, like his....well, you understand.

LOL you mean his extremely tiny penis?

Anonymous

There are always going to be cases where a cop will do what he should not just like there is always a few drivers who never understand drinking and driving . This was excessive use of power . Stoned Drunk whatever they could not have put him on his ass comon , try harder gentlemen.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I see in the video that 2 of the cops had batons, Not the new fangled sissy type, but the old, give him a good whack on the head type. As an alternative, they should have just beat the sh1t out of him. I'm quite sure that the gathered mass would have been more approving of that.
sarcasm
Bartron, the guy was repeatedly told to put his clothes on, he refused continually. I think the cops exercised considerable patience. I found his presence offensive, as I'm sure others would have. ARen't the police there to protect me and my family as well?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why bother with him at all? Naked in public shouldn't or couldn't be against any sane law!

http://www.elansofas.com

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Naked in public should only be against the law for some people and he was one of them.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh... well two of the cops were trying trying trying to arrest him without resorting to violence. The one cop jumped and and went for his taZer and the other cops basically told him to chill.. But like Freeman says, the cops are there to protect our families too and I would not have wanted to have to stare and this naked guy whilst trying enjoy a concert. The cops tried very hard to just get the guy to listen....well and then the one cop went kinda over the top.. but jesus christ the dude kept taking tazer after tazer after hair pulling and was still doing his crap. I bet crazy cop has been assaulted by a stoner in the same situation before.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And really, who wants to wrestle with a naked guy?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

besides Miz Point and maybe GOM?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ummm, nope. Not this dude. I'd have tazered him just to avoid touching him. Miz Point though?

The cops were very patient with this a$$hole. They should have shot him. But I can understand why dude was on drugs. Lorena Bobbitt had already had a relationship with him...

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman wrote:And really, who wants to wrestle with a naked guy?

Borat

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I thought I saw him in the video clip as well!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum