the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

More proof that gun laws are stupid.

+6
Freeman
Bartron
Mantha
Triniman
Deank
AGEsAces
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Too bad there aren't more of these incidents...crime would come to a quick end.

http://www.photage.ca

2More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

then there is...
husband telling family he is going to kill them.. slowly loads gun bullet by bullet telling them which family member will die from which bullet... to finish he task.. look up... and see his wife already aiming a gun at him.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Man-shot-mulitple-times-in-Winter-Haven/5k7AuDQdSU-HReNCQy8Vog.cspx

3More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

School massacres wouldn't occur if the average person could carry a concealed handgun. Anyone crazy enough to begin shooting would be taken out long before the cops could arrive.
Arming people with guns can be a very good idea.

4More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Anonymous

One of the funniest scenes that I remember, althought I can't remember the movie, was when a couple of guys try and rob a bar...they pull out their guns and everybody pulls out a gun and aims them at them...turns out to be a cop bar.

5More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:One of the funniest scenes that I remember, althought I can't remember the movie, was when a couple of guys try and rob a bar...they pull out their guns and everybody pulls out a gun and aims them at them...turns out to be a cop bar.
They say the Japanese didn't want to invade the US after Pearl Harbour because they knew that American citizens were armed.

6More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

Triniman wrote:School massacres wouldn't occur if the average person could carry a concealed handgun. Anyone crazy enough to begin shooting would be taken out long before the cops could arrive.

The only problem is if you're even 5 seconds late to the scene of a shooting, and all you see is Mr. Hero blowing away the real bad guy, what's to stop you from misinterpreting that and shooting the wrong guy instead?

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

7More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:13 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Mantha wrote:
Triniman wrote:School massacres wouldn't occur if the average person could carry a concealed handgun. Anyone crazy enough to begin shooting would be taken out long before the cops could arrive.

The only problem is if you're even 5 seconds late to the scene of a shooting, and all you see is Mr. Hero blowing away the real bad guy, what's to stop you from misinterpreting that and shooting the wrong guy instead?

Cause Mr. Hero would probably put his gun down...vs. Mr. Moron who would probably aim the gun at himself.

8More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

AGEsAces wrote:Cause Mr. Hero would probably put his gun down...vs. Mr. Moron who would probably aim the gun at himself.

And if the two are involved in a shootout, and Mr. Moron isn't a sociopathic school shooter, but rather an idiot who is trying to rob a bank and doesn't want to die, who do you shoot at?

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

9More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

kill em all... let god sort them out!

10More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

I find it funny that people still believe that the solution to violent crime is more guns.

Last edited by Bartron on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

11More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:33 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Mantha wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:Cause Mr. Hero would probably put his gun down...vs. Mr. Moron who would probably aim the gun at himself.

And if the two are involved in a shootout, and Mr. Moron isn't a sociopathic school shooter, but rather an idiot who is trying to rob a bank and doesn't want to die, who do you shoot at?

whichever idiot shoots back at the cops...probably Mr. Moron.

12More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:37 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Bartron wrote:lol I find it funny that people still believe that the solution to violent crime is more guns.

You're misunderstanding the problem.

I'm not encouraging MORE guns be made. Or for someone to own unlimited numbers of guns.

I'm simply pointing out that criminals are not afraid to commit crime, because they know the majority of people out there will NOT defend themselves (quite often even if they had a gun). But that gun laws/control...simply reinforces the fact that the "law-abiding" citizen is ripe-picking for a criminal...because now the criminal KNOWS they don't have protection.

If the governments REALLY wanted to have gun control. They would make it illegal to manufacture guns...and shut all the gun companies down. EVENTUALLY, whatever guns are left would be too old and run-down to use.

Yet more proof that it's really not about the "safety" of the public, nor the protection of its citizens...but instead about the money involved, and the amount they can steal from the public for licensing, control, etc.

13More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

" amount they can steal from the public "

coughcough2BillionPluscoughcough

14More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

"If the governments REALLY wanted to have gun control. They would
make it illegal to manufacture guns...and shut all the gun companies
down. EVENTUALLY, whatever guns are left would be too old and run-down
to use.

Yet more proof that it's really not about the "safety"
of the public, nor the protection of its citizens...but instead about
the money involved, and the amount they can steal from the public for
licensing, control, etc."

That I can agree with ! Good Post!

15More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:If the governments REALLY wanted to have gun control. They would make it illegal to manufacture guns...and shut all the gun companies down. EVENTUALLY, whatever guns are left would be too old and run-down to use.
What's next, shutting down companies that make steak knives? Do we really want to put Chef Tony out of business?
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Join the NRA and learn the truth.More proof that gun laws are stupid. Chef-tony-knives

16More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Hey...is that #2 or #3?
I have two sets of #3...awesome knives Smile

That's not the point Trini...the point is the laws are stupid...all of them.

There's (yet again) another law that's already out there (and seemingly yet again not enforced) that says it's ILLEGAL TO KILL PEOPLE!!!

Doesn't matter the weapon, the method, the intent...it's just illegal to kill people.

Why then, are there THOUSANDS of other laws involving weapon caliber, weapon control, weapon design, etc.?

Keep It Simple Stupid (introduced with Peter, Kris, Gene, etc.) Very Happy.

Every law that's made today, is simply a regurgitation and unenforceable version of an existing law.

17More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

we should just use DNA analysis and kill everyone who is likely to develop some form of mental illness that might cause them one day to kill people.

18More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Ages, I have a set of Chef Tony's knives, but I had to register them. Didn't you?

19More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Freeman wrote:Ages, I have a set of Chef Tony's knives, but I had to register them. Didn't you?

Do you really think from my posts...that I register ANYTHING? Very Happy

20More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

say....how DID you get across the US/Canadian border?? Suspect

21More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:say....how DID you get across the US/Canadian border?? Suspect

I could tell you but....

22More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

its funny when people say thta more gns will prevent violent crime.
take a look at the US as a prime example of every other citizen carrying a gun.

there is far more shootings and violent crime in the USA than there is in countries with strict gun control laws. and its not just because of the population either, its far higher than it should be based just on population.

i'm not advocating the gun registry though, i think our firearms laws are just fine without the registry.

want to stop violent crimes? toughen up our freakin courts!! if people shoot at other people, put them in jail, no more conditional sentences or time served.

http://www.cakefarter.com

23More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

Anonymous

Good Post!

Other than a new womens' jail, I don't think we've built any new jails in the last 50 years. It's about time that we did...or....

perhaps re-think our position on who we put in jail in the first place?

[insert rant on drug prohibition here]

Just say'n.

24More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

AdamX wrote:its funny when people say thta more gns will prevent violent crime.
take a look at the US as a prime example of every other citizen carrying a gun.

there is far more shootings and violent crime in the USA than there is in countries with strict gun control laws. and its not just because of the population either, its far higher than it should be based just on population.

i'm not advocating the gun registry though, i think our firearms laws are just fine without the registry.

want to stop violent crimes? toughen up our freakin courts!! if people shoot at other people, put them in jail, no more conditional sentences or time served.

First...if possible, show how violent crimes are higher in the USA? And based on what standards?

I won't argue that shootings may be higher per capita...but that doesn't mean it was a violent crime...it could be self-defense, or accidental (or just plain stupidity).

Not long ago...Florida passed a new law allowing the carrying of handguns, and the use of them for self-defense...where if a witness comes forward verifying your use AS self-defense, you won't be charged with a crime.

Crime rates have dropped since this law was implemented...as criminals have been less likely to attack people for fear of getting shot.

Now, I'm not saying everyone should strap on a holster either...but every time laws of restrictions are made...it only ENCOURAGES crime...by creating a new venture for someone to violate the law for profit.

25More proof that gun laws are stupid. Empty Re: More proof that gun laws are stupid. Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Isn't violent crime miles higher than Canada? I mean the murder rate in many US cities is in the high hundreds and thousands annually no?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum