the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bell cell phone moving to manitoba

+4
IG Guy
EdWin
grumpy old man
casualchris
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:11 pm

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Heres the question, bell mobility is not in manitoba right?

What happens to Bell customers when they move to Manitoba, are they converted to MTS?

2Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:47 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Bell Canada and MTS had an arrangement. I don't believe they have one now. Not sure what this means contract-wise to Bell Mobility subscribers.

3Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:02 pm

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

FYI-

Turns out, bell customers dont turn into MTS customers any longer, you simply stay with bell with a local MB phone number. Seems they're competing with each other now, though I dont remember there being bell stores in peg city before, apparently there are now....

4Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:40 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

So I take it you are planning to move back to Winnipeg from Tofino?

5Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 am

Anonymous

I thought that the parent company to Allstream was BELL.

6Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

MTS bought Allstream (last year?).

7Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Anonymous

Well there you go a bit behind the news . Very Happy

8Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:59 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

casualchris wrote:Heres the question, bell mobility is not in manitoba right?

What happens to Bell customers when they move to Manitoba, are they converted to MTS?

When I moved here from Ontario and had Bell, I kept my phone on Bell for about 8 months because I was on a kick ass plan that cost twice as much through MTS. I kept my phone Bell in till the contract expired and thought about renewing it, except people didn't seems too like calling sault saint maurie to get a hold of me.

9Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

casualchris wrote:FYI-

Turns out, bell customers dont turn into MTS customers any longer, you simply stay with bell with a local MB phone number. Seems they're competing with each other now, though I dont remember there being bell stores in peg city before, apparently there are now....
Well that makes sence now that any phone carrier can use any available canadian phone number. There used to be rules against that. Now a days if you move anywhere in Canada, you can bring your number with you minus the area code. Couldn't do that back in the day!

10Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:05 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you cant do it now.

it would be impossible to do that for every single customer.

11Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Call your number with the mantoba area code and see who has it! Maybe you can make a deal!

12Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:25 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

exactly.. if the number is available they might do it for you but even then there is no gaurentee that your number is in your area
lets take the number 269-9999 say as an example.
here in Manitoba 269 refers to Winnipeg, most specifically a southern section of Winnipeg. Now you can take that number all over the city with you, but you CANT take it outside of Winnipeg as it is a Winnipeg number. So say you moved to Regina. What are the chances that 269 is actually a reginanumber and not say Lloydminster?

13Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

14Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:36 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

number portability, (LNP) for fixed lines, and full mobile number portability (FMNP), for mobile phone lines, refers to the ability to transfer either an existing fixed-line or mobile telephone number assigned by a exchange carriar (LEC) and reassign it to another carrier. In most cases, there are few limitations to transferability with regards to geography, service area coverage and technology.

15Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:40 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

so from what I understand is if you are in the area code 204 on a land line, you can take that number with you any where with in the area code. so I could take my 204 415 blah blah blah number to Brandon with me if I wanted to.

16Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:40 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yup.. within an exchange though.. ie 204, 306.. etc.

17Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

IG Guy wrote:so from what I understand is if you are in the area code 204 on a land line, you can take that number with you any where with in the area code. so I could take my 204 415 blah blah blah number to Brandon with me if I wanted to.

I do not believe that is correct.

18Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:44 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

IG Guy wrote:so from what I understand is if you are in the area code 204 on a land line, you can take that number with you any where with in the area code. so I could take my 204 415 blah blah blah number to Brandon with me if I wanted to.

And would it still be a free call from Winnipeg?

19Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:55 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Thats where it become unclear, I was reading something on the CRTC (?) website about that as long as its with in the exchange carrier... It then goes on to make the exchange carrier sound as if it was the area code. But if it is long distance to call Brandon, then doesn't that mean you are connecting to a different exchange carrier? hence the long distance charge?

20Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:16 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

IG Guy wrote:
When I moved here from Ontario and had Bell, I kept my phone on Bell for about 8 months because I was on a kick ass plan that cost twice as much through MTS. I kept my phone Bell in till the contract expired and thought about renewing it, except people didn't seems too like calling sault saint maurie to get a hold of me.

I did the same when I moved to MB, except that there were local Bell connection numbers that people could call so that there were no long distance calling issues even with an out-of province number. I switched my contract to to MTS and a much worse plan once Bell removed that local number service in 2006. After my contract with MTS was done I moved on to Telus.

BTW, Bell is moving into MB and the first stores should be open soon.

21Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

eViL tRoLl wrote:
IG Guy wrote:

I did the same when I moved to MB, except that there were local Bell connection numbers that people could call so that there were no long distance calling issues even with an out-of province number. I switched my contract to to MTS and a much worse plan once Bell removed that local number service in 2006. After my contract with MTS was done I moved on to Telus.

I loved the plans Bell had, I have not found a company that can compare here. I hope they still have kick ass plans when they open up out here. If they do, I am switching back!

22Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

as long as you dont "sell" your current cell phone over the internet....
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Prospective-buyer-runs-off-with-cell-phone-42531127.html

23Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:26 pm

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

[quote="eViL tRoLl"]
IG Guy wrote:
the bell rep on the phone said polo park has a bell store, can anyone confirm this?

24Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

what name would they be going by?
http://www.cffloorplans.ca/PPKOP00.html

Electronics, Computers and TelephonesClick on store name for details
EB GamesMTS Connect StoreRogers PlusSony Style
TelusThe Source by Circuit CityVirgin MobileWirelessWave

25Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Empty Re: Bell cell phone moving to manitoba Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:33 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

The Souce or Wireless Wave maybe or are they gonna have their own place?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum