the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

am I required by law to answer that question?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Have you noticed the guys picture? He sure looks like a ???????.
When you are stopped by an officer, and they ask you have you had anything to drink, I would suggest that you ask him if you are required by law to answer that question!
It is a great question! Why would anyone have to answer that question if it might get you in trouble? I do not think you have to answer and it is in your best interests to ask the officer, "Did you stop me because of any erotic driving behaviour?
I remember many years ago, driving onto the highway from a side mile road, I was stopped way down the highway and the RCMP officer asked me if I came to a full stop at the stop sign. I refused to answer him, and he asked me at least 10 times. I figured out that he was 1/2 mile away when I entered the highway and was looking for me to admit that I did not make a full stop. He was pretty angry yelling at me the question, and I had my wife and 4 kids in the back , possibly with 1 or 2 dogs, I don't remember. If I said I went through the stop sign I wonder if I would have been issued a ticket even though he did not observe the infraction?

http://www.elansofas.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

This should not be in sports and entertainment!
What is happening to this forum?
Back to the darkside??
No!

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

erotic or eratic? sp?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I was naked!

Anonymous

When your plane is falling from 30.000 ft who cares about rights , I want them to do what ever it takes to stop the idiot who they suspect of a bomb , before he gets on and if it take s someones god forsaken precious rights being hurt too bad .

As i say do you think the terrorist gives a rats ass about my right to a long live get real .

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Anyone carrying $4700 in cash wouldn't be planning to take his own life. I think the guys were short of money for their supper and were hoping to grab a handful for themselves! I love this guys face. Clean cut, but he was concerned about who he worked for would be thought of as a commie bastard. lol

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Pavolo wrote:When your plane is falling from 30.000 ft who cares about rights , I want them to do what ever it takes to stop the idiot who they suspect of a bomb , before he gets on and if it take s someones god forsaken precious rights being hurt too bad .

As i say do you think the terrorist gives a rats ass about my right to a long live get real .

If they were detaining him for trying to smuggle on an olfa knife i'd understand, but this is currency, what threat is 4300 dollars? paper cuts?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I bet you they were worried that the money would depreciate so fast that the money would drag the plane down??

Anonymous

casualchris wrote:
Pavolo wrote:When your plane is falling from 30.000 ft who cares about rights , I want them to do what ever it takes to stop the idiot who they suspect of a bomb , before he gets on and if it take s someones god forsaken precious rights being hurt too bad .

If they were detaining him for trying to smuggle on an olfa knife i'd understand, but this is currency, what threat is 4300 dollars? paper cuts?

They did not detain him till he would not explain why he had it , if he had answered the question bye bye . But when he refused to or gave his bs answer they have the authority to detain him and for all they know it was drug money . And what in this day and age you can.t be to careful, to be that we give up some of our ease of movement . This is the biggest plant going from a party upset they are not in power .

Anonymous

Sorry Pav. They were power-trippers that far exceeded their authority in questioning. You're mixing up two issues.

What these guys did had nothing to do with security. It was all about power.

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Pavolo wrote:
casualchris wrote:

They did not detain him till he would not explain why he had it , if he had answered the question bye bye . But when he refused to or gave his bs answer they have the authority to detain him and for all they know it was drug money . And what in this day and age you can.t be to careful, to be that we give up some of our ease of movement . This is the biggest plant going from a party upset they are not in power .

Being in possession of 4300 bucks is not against the law, nor is it reason for detention.

I'm not willing to give up rights for percieved safety.

Anonymous

It isn't against the law but in most jurisdictions it is reason to question you as you may be seen as a drug dealer. Especially in the US and in a Airport . Sad to say the days of free movement in these facilities are gone thank the Taliban for that not the Transportation Safety Administration. Remeber the banks have to report large deposits for the same reasons .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:
casualchris wrote:

he never once refused to answer the question. He wanted some clarification on the law, am I required to answer that question? Had they said yes, I presume he would have answered. Had they said no, well then...no reason to hold him eh? But they continually refused to advise him of his legal rights.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The guy knew his rights, and some officers get pissed when they cannot intimidate people. he was questioned and then let go. Too bad he did not have a camera. can you imagine the pounding he would take if he asked the men to identify themselves for the camera?? Isn't technology great?

jimj_wpg

jimj_wpg
contributor
contributor

casualchris wrote:

Being in possession of 4300 bucks is not against the law, nor is it reason for detention.

I'm not willing to give up rights for percieved safety.

Wow! Now it's gone to $4,300 that this guy had with him... If you read the ORIGINAL ARTICLE, he had $4,700 and was a member of the Campaign for Liberty, which is Ron Paul's political group.

I asked somewhere how the airport security staff knew how much he was carrying. Apparently they have some sort of magnetic reader that reads info off the dollar bills themselves.

Someone else posted on the very same website, that people can, by law, move up to $10,000 U.S. into or out of the U.S.

$4,700 is less than $10,000, so they should have let this guy alone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum