the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

am I required by law to answer that question?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4304416

every time the authorities ask him a question he simply asks am I required by law to answer that question.

they refuse to answer that question and instead bust him.

Anonymous

Dumbass power-trippers!! They probably had their asses handed to them after the plane left.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Power-trippers is bang on. You'd think by now these iceholes would be wary of recording devices and act appropriately.

Anonymous

If he had been a terriost what would you do if they had allowed him access un fettered to the plane . Just a question

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Many authorities cross the line far beyond that everyday.......

Not surprised at all...........

Have ya'all seen the video of the cop yanking the camera off the uptown journalist during critical mass a couple summers ago, apparently thats not permitted either, nor is the 'elevator ride' treatment that many have gone through at the PSB.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:If he had been a terriost what would you do if they had allowed him access un fettered to the plane . Just a question
Could'a been a terrorist. Or Santa Claus. This guy was no terroristic threat. Since when do $4,600 cash and political pamphlets equal a threat?

He was asked to step aside and explain the cash. These guys were fricking around and on a power trip.

Now if the guy had a bomb or a gun or a nail clipper, then yes he could'a been a terrorist...

Anonymous

Maybe he was a drug dealer as far as there concerned , it is easy for us to blame when we sit and read about it . This man went looking for a confrontation as it suited his political agenda have you ever thought about it that way .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Actually yes I did.

But they had no authority to detain this man. They had no business treating him the way they did. He was polite and respectful in the short clip I heard.

I might well have behaved the same as he did.

I do not condone police abuse. What they did was abusive and they deserve to lose their jobs as a result. I refuse to accept this as proper and acceptable conduct.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

then they should have answered his question.

Am I required by law to answer that question... not once would they answer him. Hell they could have lied and said yes you are required by law. But they refused to answer him,

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

I particularly like how at the end of the interview they described how a plain clothes person came and told him he was free to go without further questions.

Seems someone caught on what his drift was and did the appropriate thing. But shouldn't the first response from the 'authorities' be the appropriate response?? (not saying it was, but rather that one should not have to go through all that 'and then' be treated properly)

I'd like to know what came of his illegal detention, likely nothing.

Anonymous

Airport Authorities I do believe in the US have the right to detain you as do customs and the Authorities here . They take no chances now they can.t . I will check with my sisters boyfriend and see as he works for Transport Canada .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

they actually have to have a reason Pavolo. EVERY authority person must have a legal reason to detain you, they cant just detain you because you are in an airport.

Anonymous

Tell customs that suspicion is reason enough in the airport or on the grounds you still think your rights supersede the safety of all . Maybe on the street but not at the airport any more .

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Don't you just love that question? I will memorize that, as it is the smartest question ever! There is no law about carrying cash. There is a law about declaring over $10,000 when you cross the U.S. border.

http://www.elansofas.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The trouble with "suspicion is enough" is that is subjective. The asshole power-trippers then have carte blanche.

Pavolo, are you willing to give up all your rights to these people? I'm not. Not now. Not ever.

Anonymous

You don't give up your rights and remember this incident happened in the US way different system then ours . I am willing to be some what more inconvenienced then before if it stops a plane Iam on from crashing into a building . ALL he had to do was answer the question he refused so from there he had it coming .

We pay them to protect us from 911 happening again . No chances are taken as it should be . Are you willing to say your rights over see mine to stop you from doing something on a plane . If this had happened on the street then Grumpy I would agree with you totally as no one was in danger from this man most likely . At 30,000 ft it is different .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Why should he answer the question? Because some powertripper thinks its his business. Whats next? They ask my wife if she likes it doggie style because thats how the dirty do it?

We dont pay ANYONE to abuse our rights. We pay them to uphold the law. That simple.
All of those guards, cops, whatever need to spend a few weeks in an Iranian prison for being gay, lets see how often they cross the line and take away right after that.

Anonymous

Every body and there rights to bad we don't think of them as collective stead of mine .

The good of the many
Outweigh the good of the few.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Agree with you there Pav. But I'll bet the many in this case view things as I do...

Anonymous

"The good of the many
Outweigh the good of the few."
Well said commie bastard.

But, in my country, the individual has rights. Fcuk! We're even building a billion dollar monument for it.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Nah, it is a 100 gazillion dollar monument.

Anonymous

Thats rubles please .

Anonymous

heh heh heh... lol!

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Pavolo wrote:You don't give up your rights and remember this incident happened in the US way different system then ours . I am willing to be some what more inconvenienced then before if it stops a plane Iam on from crashing into a building . ALL he had to do was answer the question he refused so from there he had it coming .

We pay them to protect us from 911 happening again . No chances are taken as it should be . Are you willing to say your rights over see mine to stop you from doing something on a plane . If this had happened on the street then Grumpy I would agree with you totally as no one was in danger from this man most likely . At 30,000 ft it is different .

I think its important to remember what the person and even the show interviewing him are getting at, hes a ron paul supporter fighter for things like liberty, privacy, citizen rights and ownership and basically those were the exact things they were encrouching on.

Remember thats a domestic flight he was on. Some in the tbread menitoned customs and a figure of ten thousand dollars. Those are international things, this was a domestic flight. Cash is privacy, do you really want the 'authorities' knowing how you spend your money?

You people do realize we're heading towards a cashless society right? who is that good for, while it may be marginally good for the citizens, it completely empowers the 'people controllers'.

If you cant travel with 10000, seems you cant travel with 4300, what about 2300 or 500, where does it stop?

So Pavolo is willing to give up 'some rights' for 'some safety' where does that stop, give up all the rights for all the safety??

Conceptual expansionism is what takes over if you dont stand up for your rights like this individual did both in the airport, and what he politically believes overall - we should be thanking people like him.

cc

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Have you noticed the guys picture? He sure looks like a ???????.
When you are stopped by an officer, and they ask you have you had anything to drink, I would suggest that you ask him if you are required by law to answer that question!
It is a great question! Why would anyone have to answer that question if it might get you in trouble? I do not think you have to answer and it is in your best interests to ask the officer, "Did you stop me because of any erotic driving behaviour?
I remember many years ago, driving onto the highway from a side mile road, I was stopped way down the highway and the RCMP officer asked me if I came to a full stop at the stop sign. I refused to answer him, and he asked me at least 10 times. I figured out that he was 1/2 mile away when I entered the highway and was looking for me to admit that I did not make a full stop. He was pretty angry yelling at me the question, and I had my wife and 4 kids in the back , possibly with 1 or 2 dogs, I don't remember. If I said I went through the stop sign I wonder if I would have been issued a ticket even though he did not observe the infraction?

http://www.elansofas.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum