the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

And this is why we should get rid of the young offenders act...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/chill-thrill-kill-42072227.html
I have some strong feelings about this and beleive if you have a crying heart that I may offend in this threat. But enough is enough, give these kids life in a adult prison already!!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Good story. I also agree we need stronger youth punishment. There are rumours the Manitoba Youth Centre will be expanded. Double it. Triple it. Make the yoot of Winnipeg know that there will be no more freebies...

Last edited by grumpy old man on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

I am down with that... Very Happy

Here is the then I don't get... there is a new Bill C-19 saying that a street racer can get life. The thing I dont get that is clear in this story is that if you are under age and even under the age of holding a lisince, you can kill some one and be out in record time. you get caught street racing and you can get life... ummm makes no sense... Give some of the killer kids life sentences!

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

\I am disgusted by those kids....useless system we have....mollycoddling is the word that best comes to mind. The little buggers have been in and out of the system so much that not only do they know how to manipulate it but have contempt for it....I also have contempt for some of the parents....christ.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

The thing I find startling is the fact the one girl actually laughed when she found out they killed some one... I say ship that one off to mental for a couple years!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah that was the b1tch that laughed... was released to her mom... ran away was caught in another stolen car...taken home again...and so on.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

IG Guy wrote:The thing I find startling is the fact the one girl actually laughed when she found out they killed some one... I say ship that one off to mental for a couple years!
And did you see the comment that she made on the article?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

IG Guy wrote:The thing I find startling is the fact the one girl actually laughed when she found out they killed some one... I say ship that one off to mental for a couple years!

Nah - mental health care would be too good....ship her off to some major urban slum where she does not know the local lingo.....she would stop being so damned smug in seconds....guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Good story. I also agree we need stronger youth punishment. There are rumours the Manitoba Youth Centre will be expanded. Double it. Triple it. Make the yoot of Winnipeg know that there will be no more freebies...

This building is a joke Grumpy it is a hotel for most of them . It is the law we really need to change 14 and younger you get the break 14 older you don.t .

Anonymous

...so many idle kids and so many potholes to fill...*sigh*

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The building and the law are two different issues. My point was in the fact they are considering building/expanding at the Yoot Centre ostensibly in time for toughened sentences.

My sister was a guard/councilor there for several years. I have a (very) little familiarity with it...

Anonymous

So you know it is and has always been a joke in most kids eyes it was built for the young offender act and was never meant to put them in hard time, cause it was the newer kinder way . They can expand it all they want it just means more room to babysit them . There are and is very little the staff can, or make, the Wards, of the place do or partake in . I was a case worker there for 6 yrs when it first opened and still do some work there .

The sytem is the crux of the problem and the fact that any juv can thumb his nose at the law , cause there is no penalty to them . Is the main reason the sytem doe,s not work.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

My point remains. We have insufficient space to hold the little buggers. Our yoot sentences are too short. So with toughened yoot sentencing we'll have someplace to park the little buggers.

If not there then build a yoot boot camp WAY up fricking north.

Anonymous

I'll bet they could add a dozen floors to that Yoot Center place. At least I hope that the building could expand upward.

Anonymous

And what good would it do 200 or 500 sitting there not doing anything to improve there selve cept learning how to creat trouble . Sentence what sentence .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The good is in my heart when they are sitting there and not on the streets stealing cars, stabbing cats and old men, raping and pillaging. That is all the good I need.

Let them rehabilitate themselves. Build more jails and bigger jails. When these assholes graduate from yoot crime they can simply transition to big boy jail.

frick em all.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:My point remains. We have insufficient space to hold the little buggers. Our yoot sentences are too short. So with toughened yoot sentencing we'll have someplace to park the little buggers.

If not there then build a yoot boot camp WAY up fricking north.
|Now you are talking.....no tv, no music, just books, tools, art supplies....foster their creativity....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum