the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

monitoring police

3 posters

Do you support recording police?

monitoring police Vote_lcap67%monitoring police Vote_rcap 67% [ 8 ]
monitoring police Vote_lcap17%monitoring police Vote_rcap 17% [ 2 ]
monitoring police Vote_lcap8%monitoring police Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
monitoring police Vote_lcap8%monitoring police Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1monitoring police Empty monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:16 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Would you support arming every police officer with a electronic recording device of some kind. Iether visual or audio or some combination. This would help protect the police from LERA complaints and make court cases alot easier to proove / disaproove.

2monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 am

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

Oops... read that wrong... I thought the restrictions would be in place so police aren't named...

3monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:26 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the people monitoring the police would know who they are.. but people could not just randomly ask for police officer's Xs tapes..

4monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

oh... and the people monitoring the police... would only have access to the tapes if need be...ie not just because they want to look for things for the fun of it.

Police arrest a guy... either prosecutor or defence can ask to review the tapes and if need be ask for them to be submitted.
Someone complains that the police wronged them... tapes can be reviewed.

Police officer does a bunch of stuff like cheat on her husband or turn left illegaly ... none of our business.
We wont have someone monitoring the tapes looking for the cops to do something wrong. That would be ridiculous.

5monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Anonymous

I have mixed feelings about it. It is a shame that we have come to the point of not trusting our cops so much as to have to verify what they do or say. Not Good.

Perhaps the money would be better spent on weeding out the bad cops and keeping those types out.

I had to laugh this morning when I read that Chief McCaskill was working toward restoring public confidence in the police service. If he concentrated on getting rid of the bad cops...the ones with the bad memories...the rest will take care of itself imo.

6monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

think of how much court money it would save though.. hell cops themselves would simply need to sign and Affidavit saying yup.. thats what happened.. and never have to waste their time in court.
I really see this as more of a better way of nailing the criminals.. the checking up on cops is just a side benefit.

Think of this current case on Jubilee if we had simple voice recording there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that the police entered and properly identified themselves when they did enter. no doubt in anyones mind who shot first. No doubt what went wrong and what went right. And the guy would have probably pleaded out long ago as the evidence against him would be so strong.

7monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Anonymous

Ahhh. Now I get it.

Heh...it really is one of those ideas that falls into the catergory of WTF didn't we think of this before.....like hospitals getting on to computers. Wink Duh. About time.

8monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 am

Anonymous

Why are we so concerned with the criminals rights all the time he was is and did the deals end of story. I don't give a rats ass what they do to him personaly as long as he is not there to sell to my grandchild Iam happy . Take a shot through a door hit a cop to bad go to jail be a man about it and shut up .

9monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 am

egomaniac

egomaniac

Deank wrote:Would you support arming every police officer with a electronic recording device of some kind. Iether visual or audio or some combination. This would help protect the police from LERA complaints and make court cases alot easier to proove / disaproove.

You know, that's not a bad idea. It would force integrity on the force as well as with the crook. Im not sure how much farther they would have to go.. i know the RCMP carry a radio on their uniform... a little camera on there probably wouldn't be that hard to make...

http://www.chrisgauthier.com

10monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:42 am

egomaniac

egomaniac

Pavolo wrote:Why are we so concerned with the criminals rights all the time he was is and did the deals end of story. I don't give a rats ass what they do to him personaly as long as he is not there to sell to my grandchild Iam happy . Take a shot through a door hit a cop to bad go to jail be a man about it and shut up .

Well, i personally am not a fan of criminal rights at all..who cares. But i think these rights are there to also protect the alleged criminal that actually did not commit the crime. If we had no due process, the prisons would be filled with innocent people.
no?

http://www.chrisgauthier.com

11monitoring police Empty Re: monitoring police Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Exactly...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum