the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seal spam spurs threat

+2
Freeman
grumpy old man
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:38 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you know I keep thinking..

Seal spam is that any better the Klick?

27Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:45 am

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

Klick is for all occaisions, seal spam is for special occaisions.

28Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:52 am

Anonymous

casualchris wrote:ok, try this on for size,

my girlfriend get biweekly calls from capital one looking for a former customer of theirs who must owe them a fair bit of money.

Shes explained to them roughly 10-15 times that she does not know the person or have any info on who this person is.

Shes spoke to a 'supervisor' and explained such.

Shes swore at them and cussed them out.

They still call every second tuesday or wednesday

What is she to do, phone the police? Do you know how rediculas that sounds? Why should a senator threaten (supposedly justifiably) that action?

sue the frickers!

29Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

Anonymous

lol!

30Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:25 am

Anonymous

This week at work we recieved a nasty letter from a so called lawyer , he fiqures if it is on his stationary we tremble . We sorta looked over his file and phoned him and told him that we were sorry for the delay but due to his door being a special order due to size .
It was taking longer to fill it then anticipated , he then told me that He had been in contact with Head Office I asked him if that was going to get it here faster and he blew his top. Point being so you are a lawyer big deal a truck driver is doing the best he can and the rest of us are doing what we can .

I hate people who think they are some thing better then the rest and I or who ever should kiss there ass. Just my rant for the week .

31Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:11 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

ah, just give him the 10% promise, that'll make him happy.

32Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Anonymous

Ya....and take it off the pay of the guy that said the special order would be here in a week...no problem. Smile

33Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 am

Anonymous

No it is easier to give him direction s to the Orange guy as some people are not worth it and this one is going to be trouble .

34Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:07 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Here is an excellent LTE that pretty much nicely sums it up.
'APPALLING' SENATORS

Re: 'Seal spam spurs threat,' Winnipeg Sun, March 27.

While I appreciate that most senators are unaccustomed to receiving such a high level of public attention, it speaks volumes about the state of democracy in this country when federal politicians consider communications on issues like Canada's commercial seal hunt to be "spam."

Canadian public opinion is largely against the commercial seal hunt in this country.

Senator Baker's opinion that it would be "crazy" to actually read any of the 25,000 e-mails received on this subject is appalling, as is Senator Celine Hervieux-Payette's patronizing dismissal of the idea that -- gasp -- parliamentarians would actually make decisions according to the will of Canadians.

Who do these senators think pay their salaries anyway?

SHERYL FINK
INTERNATIONAL FUND FOR ANIMAL WELFARE (IFAW)

Pay these outrageous salaries you mean?

35Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:53 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

By what evidence is Canadian public opinion largely against the commercial seal hunt in this country?

36Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Who do these senators think pay their salaries anyway?"

Canadians.

"By what evidence is Canadian public opinion largely against the commercial seal hunt in this country?"

ZERO...unless all the Canadian who are against the seal hunt all happen to be vacationing in other countries and protesting whilst in those countries.

37Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"IFAW begins its fourth decade of operation with more than 200 experienced campaigners, legal and political experts, and internationally acclaimed scientists working from offices in 17 countries around the world.
We are now joined in this important work by 1.2 million supporters worldwide"

sure dont sound like alot of Canadians to me.

38Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

it helps when deciding on someone's comments to put a face to the name
ms Fink everyone
.Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Sheryl_sm

39Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So I guess we can read more blond bimbo comments from RC now! Smile

40Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:39 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank wrote:ZERO...unless all the Canadian who are against the seal hunt all happen to be vacationing in other countries and protesting whilst in those countries.
I don't get this...

41Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:42 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

where do the most of the protests happen GOM?? NOT in Canada... usually on some warm beach somewhere in Europe that all the people get naked and poor fake blood over themselves.
The number of people actively protesting this in Canada number less then 1000. Hell if they numbered less then 100 000 that would still not be THE MAJORITY OF CANADIANS are against this.

42Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the point of the poll being that "the majority" of Canadians are against it which from my experience is not true at all.

alot of people perhaps feel STRONGLY against it.. but more just simply dont care

43Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:54 pm

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

canada is a nation of hunters and farmers. I would guess that many canadians are for the seal hunt, but you dont hear about those people because its not interesting. the only ones who make headlines are the few who cry the loudest, the protesters.

http://www.cakefarter.com

44Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:25 am

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus

I say hunt seals if they want, but any hunting should be done in a sustainable manner, if they're hunting down the last of the seals, thats a different story.

Go fishing, but dont deplete the stocks, hunt but dont unbalance the larger nature balance.

45Seal spam spurs threat - Page 2 Empty Re: Seal spam spurs threat Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hunting the seals helps protect the fish stocks Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum