the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick.. I dont even know what to say...

+7
Bartron
grumpy old man
AGEsAces
Deank
AdamX
FlyingRat
IG Guy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:03 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Do people not realize that schizophrenia is a disease...an illness...and that Li was not responsible for his actions"

Do people not realize that faking schizophrenia is relatively easy?

77Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:35 am

Anonymous

Faking it for years on end and full of meds is virtually impossible I believe.

78Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

but he has not been faking it for years... has he?

and the meds actually make it easier for you to fake it.

79Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:45 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Another consideration for not issuing him day passes would be for his own safety. Just sayin'.

80Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am

Anonymous

Deank wrote:but he has not been faking it for years... has he?

and the meds actually make it easier for you to fake it.
I thought that people go off their meds because they start to feel better, or actually good for the first time in years, and think they are 'cured'.

However, it does take a while before they are screwed up again, so anyone that is close to them will be able to tell that they are off their meds before thay do something stupid. It's when there is no one in the person's life to monitor them that really bad things can happen.

81Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah but what I am alluding to is the LI was not actually sick. He is just playing the game real well. Until they start coming up with definative tests that test something in the blood or DNA all that a diagnosisis does is have experts theorize that yeah someone is sick. Those experts opinions are heavily weighted by their own opinions and thier own morals and are as easy to twist as a freakin bread tie. Just like the reason a lie detector test is not allowed as evidence in court... becuase as long as you know what you are doing, you can twist that too.

82Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 am

Anonymous

But I would hope that a couple of doctors would look at him and be able to tell if he's playing around or not...but what would be the point? I understand that the hospital is a lot worse than a jail.

83Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

" I understand that the hospital is a lot worse than a jail."

ahh.... but you did not grow up in China where a jail sentance is much worse then anything you can imagine.

84Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I understand the side-affects of the drugs themselves cause peeps to go off their med's.

And if Li was on med's his social network did not do anything, as far as I know, to alert the medical community.

85Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Anonymous

It takes a few hit-and-misses before the correct medication is arrived at, but then, it's fine. It's those trial meds that can upset people and make them stop.

But that's where proper supervision is required.

It would be equally mad, imho, to just release somebody into society without having a very tight network of supervision. However, that supervision would be a lot cheaper in the outside world, and at the same time, allow a person to resume living in a somewhat normal fashion.

I'm certainly not an expert on this, but this course of action just seems reasonable as a practical method of dealing with these situations.

86Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

simple enough solution.

electronic autodoser surgically installed in one arm.
Electronic autotester surgically installed in the other, that has a broadcast signcal that indentifies when the person is no longer testing with medication in them.

technology exists. time to use it.

87Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I love the Winnipeg Sun article title for this issue
"Board to decide Li's fate after beheading"
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2009/03/06/8654751.html
if only we were that lucky that was he punishment.

88Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:50 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

haha no kiddin

89Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Anonymous

So the McLean family is suing Greyhound and the Federal Government, holding them responsible (in part).

I don't know why, but they are starting to irritate me. Would they be suing God and Environment Canada if her son was struck by lightning?

But, what the heck...we all cope differently I guess.

90Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah I totally dont understand the lawsuit...

91Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Anonymous

They cannot accept the fact that Li is fcuked in the head, and didn't know what he was doing. They want revenge I feel.

92Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:They cannot accept the fact that Li is fcuked in the head, and didn't know what he was doing. They want revenge I feel.

Wouldn't you want revenge? I sure would. If some fricker murdered, beheaded and cannibalised my son or daughter I'd be seeing red. Li should be executed or better yet sent back to China. Let them deal with the freak of nature!

93Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Anonymous

I probably would seek revenge if the person was in their right mind, but Li wasn't.

If I was them, I'd vent my anger at Li's 'circle of influence' for not stepping forth, or, the people that had treated him previously and let him go, or the government for failing us in our mental health care needs.

Vent in a positive manner...and have some good come of this.

94Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

China might let him go and maybe he'll find his way back here.

95Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I cant understand where Greyhound is to blame.
Or the government for that matter. Maybe the RCMP for allowing the body to be defiled... but even that is a stretch

96Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Goth_chic wrote:
JTF wrote:They cannot accept the fact that Li is fcuked in the head, and didn't know what he was doing. They want revenge I feel.

Wouldn't you want revenge? I sure would. If some fricker murdered, beheaded and cannibalised my son or daughter I'd be seeing red. Li should be executed or better yet sent back to China. Let them deal with the freak of nature!
Who would you want revenge from if your child was killed in an accident?

Because the finding of "Not Criminally Responsible" boils down to the same thing.

97Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:15 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

There is no lawsuit here. They saw that the Taman's received $300k for nothing and they want the same.

98Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Anonymous

My first reaction would be to seek revenge but, my brain would take over, and I'd end up just seeking peace.

99Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Indeed. If the dude was not sick then maybe revenge would be warranted and understood.

100Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

revenge aside... I just cant see any legal culpability on anyone's part besides Li.

Would I sue McDonald's if someone shot me through the window while eating a big mac?

101Sick.. I dont even know what to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: Sick.. I dont even know what to say... Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Anonymous

I bet a lawyer would sue the window manufacturer over it....commie bastards...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum