the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions for social prizes

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:11 am

I thought that "socials" were unique to The Peg.

52Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nope

all over Manitoba, Saskatchewan and in pockets in Alberta

53Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:17 am

Anonymous

That's just Winnipeggers spreading out though....Wink

54Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

JTF wrote:I thought that "socials" were unique to The Peg.

I am from ontario and never had heard of a social. so i thought it was somthing that happened every once in a while. but they are all the time here! lol

55Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:32 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

thats cause we all like to party so much

56Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:40 am

Anonymous

There was a thing a couple of years ago whereby people would pretend to be getting married and just hold a socal to raise money for themselves. Does that still happen nowadays?

57Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:42 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You can try different hotels and see if they will give a free night stay. Where are you holding the social?

58Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:43 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:There was a thing a couple of years ago whereby people would pretend to be getting married and just hold a socal to raise money for themselves. Does that still happen nowadays?

only in Transcona, because they cant legally get married being brother and sister.

59Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:thats cause we all like to party so much

lol manitobans like to pay to party... hehe in ontario we would find a field, house or hell even a frozen lake would do and then we'd have at'er for free. lmao oh those were the day. :party 003:

60Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:49 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

IG Guy wrote:
Deank wrote:thats cause we all like to party so much

lol manitobans like to pay to party... hehe in ontario we would find a field, house or hell even a frozen lake would do and then we'd have at'er for free. lmao oh those were the day. :party 003:

Well when ya live in the City you tend to party at houses, bars or socials. When you live in the country you tend to gravitate to fields, frozen ponds or whatever. Although, when I was a teenager we use to have bush parties all the time...we'd drive about 15-20 minutes outside Winnipeg and party! Never got caught, amazingly enough.

61Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:50 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah we do that too...its called a pit party.. cause the best and safest place is in a gravel pit....so you can have these uber huge bon fires....

but when you want to try to impress a chick and maybe win her some prizes, then you go to the social

62Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:yeah we do that too...its called a pit party.. cause the best and safest place is in a gravel pit....so you can have these uber huge bon fires....

but when you want to try to impress a chick and maybe win her some prizes, then you go to the social

We use to go to socials when we were under 18. They NEVER asked for ID so we could go and drink our faces off. Back then drinks were .80 cents each. Now they are like 3.00...I am dating myself. LOL

63Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:yeah we do that too...its called a pit party.. cause the best and safest place is in a gravel pit....so you can have these uber huge bon fires....

yea we used to have alot of pit parties because were I grew up (Dryden Ontario) there are dozens of gravel pits around the town.

64Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"I am dating myself"

could have sworn you were married.

65Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:54 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:"I am dating myself"

could have sworn you were married.

lol! Not in that context Dink...I mean Dean

66Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:57 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

IG Guy wrote:

yea we used to have alot of pit parties because were I grew up (Dryden Ontario) there are dozens of gravel pits around the town.
heh there was a huge write up in the papers....umm 3 years ago? where the cops from the entire city dropped in on one of these parties...

anyone remember that? something about the entire city being policeless for 30 minutes or so, because every cop on duty had to attend this huge ass 600+ people pit party?

67Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:59 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

that was here?

68Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah

69Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:07 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

thats crazy! when I was younger the one police car would show up with lights and siren on and they would just sit there because there would like 400 - 500 of us fleeing on snowmobiles, qauds and cars going every which way, so I think they knew they wouldn't be able to stop many of us. So they just more less broke it up... although we would regroup in the next pit and continue on. lol

70Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

up in the pas they never flashed the lights... just walked through making sure no one was being violent

71Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

anyway.. social prizes
definately do a lottery tree ( bunch of scratch and win lottery tickets taped to a tree of some sort)

at home spa type package..ie soaps and crap

a number of kids gift baskets with numerous toys in them... go dollar storish spend like $25 on stuff and you end up with a wck of toys.

Since its in May... definately a fishing rod and reel and lures package

talk to the goldeyes.... get a deal on some tickets and some merchandise for a goldeyes package...

similar bombers package... go get stuff that is off season from them and heavily discounted,

maybe get a deluca's package... and include some of their cooking classes things.

Shop the CT weekly uber discount special... slap 3 or 4 weeks of discount items together in one package. ( this week for instance is drill bits I think.. )

72Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:up in the pas they never flashed the lights... just walked through making sure no one was being violent

thats what it was like when my dad would let me have parties in his field. Because we had my dad permission and my dad didn't not supply booze, the police couldn't do anything beside walk around and make sure there were no fights. which I didn't mind cuz it was like having security walking around. lol

73Suggestions for social prizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:09 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

So did anyone go to a social this weekend?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum