the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions for social prizes

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Suggestions for social prizes Empty Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm

love&hate

love&hate

So my friend is having a social for her wedding, anyone have any suggestions as to what companies donate for prizes? Apparently word on the street, that it is harder to find companies to donate.

I was thinking about messaging Deank for his stuffed animals, and doing a basket of that, but then I thought the bride just may not be into that sorta thing. Very Happy

2Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah much harder finding stuff lately.. companies are becoming sick of the many many many requests.

Alot of comanies do matching donatons though for their employees.. especially the bigger ones so have everybody in the wedding party and all their family first ask their company. IG used to do IG stuff (bags, hats, etc)
Lots of companies will donate merchandise with their name on it..
Lately alot of the social prizes are donated entirely by the wedding party and the bride and groom throw in their own money to buy a bigger prize... pocket rockets, plasma TVs, etc.

3Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Anonymous

It really depends on how much the company knows you I believe. Otherwise, they may give you a hat.

4Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:34 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

love&hate wrote:So my friend is having a social for her wedding, anyone have any suggestions as to what companies donate for prizes? Apparently word on the street, that it is harder to find companies to donate.

I was thinking about messaging Deank for his stuffed animals, and doing a basket of that, but then I thought the bride just may not be into that sorta thing. Very Happy

If you goto Vision on Regent and speak to Bryan and let him know that Will sent ya, I don't think they will donate things. but he will give the best price on anything eletronic that you can think of. He is a friend of mine and a good guy.

5Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL...
you sure he does not give you the hank hill secret discount of list price?

6Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:35 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote: pocket rockets.

hahahahahahaha nice!

7Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Anonymous

Heh heh...so what you're saying is he'll give you some business cards to pass out eh. Rah Rah Rah. lol!

8Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:LOL...
you sure he does not give you the hank hill secret discount of list price?

lol no he is either the top sales person in canada or one of the top 3 and has some pull in the price that he can sell for.

9Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:37 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

IG Guy wrote:

hahahahahahaha nice!

where did that come from?

10Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

cause of the two different kinds of pocket rockets

the bike and the err umm.. not bike

11Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:40 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

FlyingRat wrote:
IG Guy wrote:

hahahahahahaha nice!

it was in the first thing Deank said in this thread.

12Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:40 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

his and hers pocket rockets....

13Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:41 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:cause of the two different kinds of pocket rockets

the bike and the err umm.. not bike

oh you were talking about the bikes? my bad Embarassed Laughing

14Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:42 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

IG Guy wrote:
FlyingRat wrote:
IG Guy wrote:

hahahahahahaha nice!

it was in the first thing Deank said in this thread.

oh I see it now... thanks! I was looking for a smaller post! (that's what SHE said!)

15Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I really doubt any woman would ever say that

16Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:54 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I'm sure both kinds have been used as social prizes...

17Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 pm

love&hate

love&hate

I was looking for a smaller post! (that`s what SHE said!)

I agree with Deank on that one. no girl would say that. haha

As for the mini pocket rockets, actually sex shops still do donate, so the his and hers are definitely not out of the question, as for the mini bike yea not so much. Although it would be funny to see the groom sit on it as he is 6`6``. We have some of the parents of the bridal party donate 60`s of booze, two to be exact one for a grand prize and the other we are using for a `bonus` 50-50 prize.

18Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

oh they have.. I have been to a social that had both....

19Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:59 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

booze always is a big hit

20Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:00 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Hey this might be a fun social... when is it?

21Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 pm

love&hate

love&hate

Booze is a big hit, we have even gone as far as having a shooter bar, cause you know straight shots of vodka aren`t always fun. So we are getting some tequila and having dirty hooker shooters, for those who can`t handle jose and the other hard stuff.

22Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:04 pm

love&hate

love&hate

May 15th......the Friday of the long weekend

23Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:05 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

sweet... 3 days to recover! lol

24Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:06 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

what is a dirty hooker shooter?

25Suggestions for social prizes Empty Re: Suggestions for social prizes Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:08 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

FlyingRat wrote:what is a dirty hooker shooter?

well you go down to higgins on a warm spring evening....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum