the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trash cancelled again today...

+7
FlyingRat
love&hate
Freeman
Goth_chic
AGEsAces
Deank
IG Guy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Trash cancelled again today... Empty Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090210/wpg_garbage_cancelled_again_090210/20090210/?hub=WinnipegHome

So they cancelled trash pick up again today. So what I am wondering is... Do people in these effected areas receive a credit on their Water and Waste bill as the service was not rendered?

2Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hah!

nope
just like Electrical and water does not give you a credit when there is temporarily no service...

3Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:17 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Stupid public services!! no wonder why people like private services like Shaw better... they don't render the sevice and i call and complain... BAM credit! lol

4Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:18 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

maybe I should send the city a bill for storage fees of waste material Very Happy

http://www.photage.ca

5Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:20 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

AGEsAces wrote:maybe I should send the city a bill for storage fees of waste material Very Happy

I wonder... if one would get anywhere with this... lol

6Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:22 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

well i'm not licensed for storage of waste...so i'd be in violation due to their negligence. Wink

7Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have to wait till next Tuesday for pick up. My pick up was suppose to be yesterday.....I went out yesterday and driving wasn't that bad...what a bunch of pussy's!

8Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

nope you cant charge them

http://www.winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/DocExt/ViewDoc.asp?DocumentTypeId=1&DocId=279
The City will remove and dispose of all garbage, rubbish and ashes from all
residential premises, churches, and charitable institutions on a cycle basis and from
all apartment blocks on a cycle basis or up to twice a week as determined by the Designated Officer.
amended 2229/79

9Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the as determined by the designated officer.. is the legal bit that lets them out of paying you if they dont pick up the garbage.

10Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:45 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:the as determined by the designated officer.. is the legal bit that lets them out of paying you if they dont pick up the garbage.

Its all in the wording...

11Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:39 am

Anonymous

IG Guy wrote:Stupid public services!! no wonder why people like private services like Shaw better... they don't render the sevice and i call and complain... BAM credit! lol

And the rates keep going up in their service fiefdom .

12Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:35 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh and you think we have it bad.

A judge recently ordered San Francisco ( I think it was San Fran ) to pay back its water utility customers for illegal charges from 2001 to 2005.

Sounds like a good thing right???

Until you realize that the city has decided that in order to pay back the millions of dollars they will have to raise rates now.

Thats great eh? Oh sorry we were charging you illegally..so here is some money back...oh by the way we are going to need to raise rates to give you that money.

13Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:41 am

Anonymous

oops

Last edited by Pavolo on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Good to here that "charitable institutions" are included, guess I can cancel my contract with an independent waste removal company for service at work.

I would think that cancelling collection had more to do with the guys behind the trucks rather than the trucks themselves. Walking remains an adventure .

15Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:11 pm

love&hate

love&hate

My sidewalk was JUST cleared again (second time in the past three days), and my recycling is still sitting in my back lane, it was suppose to be picked up on Monday. hmmm

16Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:12 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Yep you (and me, also) will have to wait until Tuesday now....

17Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:13 pm

love&hate

love&hate

Those jerks. I am NOT moving my bin. It can sit there, and wait to be picked up. Evil or Very Mad

18Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

do we all live in the same area except for Rosie and JTF?????

19Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:18 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

just the same garbage day zone... love&hat has a sidewalk, so she can't be in my neighbourhood, and I know whereabouts you live, Deank...

20Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:20 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I am just mad that I have no more containers for garbage and recyclables!

21Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:57 pm

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

Meh.

We only put out our recyclables and garbage every 2 weeks anyway ( family of 4).

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

22Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:21 pm

love&hate

love&hate

We always have TONS of recyclables, usually a full bin every time if not two when trash day comes, and there is just me and my boyfriend living together.

I also live on a bus route, so my street is plowed as soon as the snow hits the pavement. Although it's no use to us, as we have a back lane, and the over night parking ban is in effect for snow routes, and the back lane does not get plowed......hmm somewhat useless

23Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We always have 2 full bins for recyclables every week.

24Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

So...I can't drive my car down my back lane...the ruts are too deep and it bottoms out. If I drive out of the ruts...the ride is so bumpy, I know my suspension is going to get slammed.

Yet, when I left for work yesterday...the trash trucks (recycling followed closely by general refuse) are barreling down the back lanes picking up the trash & recycling. I did note that the guys getting on and off the trucks had no fluorescent safety vests/jackets, nor were they wearing gloves. This is odd as it's 1) a requirement for both and 2) I've never seen them not wearing them before.

The guy hopping off the recycling truck looked more like a desk worker than a road guy though...so either he was new, or (as I assume), some of the managers are out riding trucks and doing trash collection.

25Trash cancelled again today... Empty Re: Trash cancelled again today... Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

option C) .. some well dressed thieves stole the trucks and in order to avoid the police made it look like they we doing trash collection as they very slowly got away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum