the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

less than 72 hours of RCMP cruiser crash..details released...charges laid

+3
FlyingRat
grumpy old man
Deank
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

interesting how fast the cops involved in an accident outside winnipeg can release details and investigate something like this.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/manitoba/2009/01/19/8072661.html

Anonymous

I'm convinced that one of the two cop cars in that accident on St.James was doing something they weren't supposed to be doing...out of their area doing some personal business on company time. You'd be surprised how much of that goes on.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh.. and here I was waiting for someone to NOT get what I was getting at and make a post saying why are you posting this...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank and JTF: you WILL answer to pav old chum for your evil thoughts! Drive in their shoes for a while... Smile

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:Deank and JTF: you WILL answer to pav old chum for your evil thoughts! Drive in their shoes for a while... Smile
no thanks.. I would rather be accountable for my actions

What a Face

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Thank you to the RCMP for releasing these facts in a timely fashion. Let's hope this thanks serves as incentive for others to follow the good example.

Anonymous

Lol you guys are so funny hehehe, Dean just so you know the public report is out has been for awhile. You i'am sure will find it .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

post it here pav, because there is nothing anywhere that I can find.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

"out of their area doing some personal business on company time. You'd be surprised how much of that goes on." JTF

And it's not like most people on here don't do personal business on company time????
If you say you don't then you either are a stay at home parent, retired, self employed or lying.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

How did the RCMP manage a trip for 4 to Poland and back in such a short time??

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

You made the statement and it may not be on the web , prove it now . Gee Ive never seen a city dumptruck at Sears or a UPS truck at The fishing Store. Or the contrator out for a beer while he is on the clock mine . JTF get a little more imagination please .

Anonymous

holly golightly wrote:"out of their area doing some personal business on company time. You'd be surprised how much of that goes on." JTF

And it's not like most people on here don't do personal business on company time????
If you say you don't then you either are a stay at home parent, retired, self employed or lying.
Are you nuts? (I mean nuts in a nice way btw.)
Comparing a regular worker taking a few minutes off to a cop is over the top imo. Do you really know what cops are for?

A bank is being robbed and no cops are available because they're all shopping. Too funny!!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont think we begrudge police officers the occasional jaunt into a store to grab something real quick as long as it is in the area that they are supposed to be in and they can drop their stuff and run if need be. Everyone occasionally runs out of time.

But the crash we are NOT talking about, was nothing at all like that.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

There is a cop living across the street from moi. He shows up in his cruiser quite frequently at 3am-ish. One time two cruisers showed up. Both stayed more than 30 minutes. Pretty sure that is not appropriate behaviour.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

depends... they do get lunch breaks I would assume...not many places to eat at 3am.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:There is a cop living across the street from moi. He shows up in his cruiser quite frequently at 3am-ish. One time two cruisers showed up. Both stayed more than 30 minutes. Pretty sure that is not appropriate behaviour.

Why not? maybe they went home for "lunch"?

Have you not gone to lunch with a coworker?

How many times have you made a personal phone call while working? Or gone to lunch to meet a friend?

And they are usually working a 12-hour shift. If things are quiet, what's the harm in them going and grabbing some stuff from Walmart? They have shoulder radios (most of them)...so if a call comes, they can run out and get moving quickly.

http://www.photage.ca

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Same thing applies to a bathroom break. Of course, assuming that he lives in the same area as his "beat."

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

To DeanK, Ages, Freeman & GOM, thank you!!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:There is a cop living across the street from moi. He shows up in his cruiser quite frequently at 3am-ish. One time two cruisers showed up. Both stayed more than 30 minutes. Pretty sure that is not appropriate behaviour.
wait a minute.. what are you doing up at 3AM spying on your nieghbours?????Suspect

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:
wait a minute.. what are you doing up at 3AM spying on your nieghbours?????Suspect

Bathroom break.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Spying on my neighbours...

Light sleeper. When he shows up there is the slamming of car doors right in front of my house. Now I'm wide awake and do NOT fall asleep again that night. Evil or Very Mad

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

so THAT'S why you're so grumpy Wink

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Just curious, is the police officer from the second car at 3AM female?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Dunno

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

FlyingRat wrote:Just curious, is the police officer from the second car at 3AM female?

you're not "supposed" to ask these things anymore Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum