the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg Traffic

+6
Freeman
grumpy old man
USApegger
Electrician
Deank
Bretton Woods
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 am

JT Estoban

major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:heh,, of course it will be lights

Of course, this suggests it's time to invest in a traffic light supply company!

27Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 am

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Does anyone know if the Chief Peguis route is going to eventually extended to connect to Bishop Grandon Blvd at some point?

I seem to remember water cooler talk (re: speculation) that this was the plan years ago..

I'd look it up, just not sure where to look..?

28Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 am

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Found something on the matter here:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/132842593.html

Answered my own question! lol

So extending Bishop to Trans Canada...why not make the link up to Chief Peguis? (probably due to homes and existing buildings being in the way along Plessis? ..just my guess on the matter)

29Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

because chief peguis and bishop are on opposite ends of the city?

(chief is north inner, bishop is south inner, lag is east inner and route 90 is west inner )

its considered the inner ring road system

30Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

I guess I just don't consider Lag to be a part of that system because of all the lights and intersections...

a new north/south connection to speed things up, bypassing all those intersections would speed things up...however would put a dent in traffic lights.

31Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

meh... Lag aint that bad. Route 90 is the real problem. (timed lights my a$$)

32Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:35 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Route 90 AND Lag both suck.

Route 90 has a plan to eliminate some of those pesky lighted intersections and expand to 6 lanes. At least south of the St. James bridge. May not happen in my lifetime though. Not the best N/S route though.

Lag has more major/significant intersections with lights. They need to plan an overpass or two every decade until that roadway is a more effective expressway.

Moray would be a better fix for the western leg of the inner-ring route. Do it right. Now that there is an opportunity.

33Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Moray would be a better fix for the western leg of the inner-ring route. Do it right. Now that there is an opportunity."

hmm... intriguing. although.. Moray is pretty far west..but having it all connected would definitely make sense.

34Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 pm

rykos

rykos

St Norberter wrote:They have made a couple of intersections worse. Pembina/Jubilee is off, so that backs up Pembina/Point (both NB Pembina intersections)

Same thing at Pembina/University and Pembina/Chancellor NB. In fact the light for Pembina NB @ Chancellor is shorter than the Chancellor light!!!

I kind of like that the Chancellor light is longer, because I'm usually coming from that direction. Smile

But if you're around that intersection and trying to get onto east-bound Bishop Grandin (or even to turn southbound on University Crescent from northbound Pembina), the Pembina/Chancellor and Pembina/University Crescent intersections become quite hell-ish during rush hours (for the people in that turning lane). It can take a full 10 minutes to get through there. OK, maybe not 10. But I'm sure more than 5 minutes at times.

35Winnipeg Traffic - Page 2 Empty Re: Winnipeg Traffic Tue May 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Bretton Woods

Bretton Woods

They had to make the light longer at Chancellor. Traffic was becoming backed up Pembina northbound all the way to the bishop off ramp because of people turning to get into the university. Once they made the light longer it cleared everything on that end up. I just dont see why the stretch of lights around that area cannot be synchronized to let traffic move through smoothly instead of 5 minute waits within 100m.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum