the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

WPS Misuse of Manpower???

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

On my way home yesterday, I noticed a police car parked at the Northwood CC. Not a big deal, but knowing some of the folks there, it was just one of those things I noticed. Anyway, as I headed north on Shepherd, a police cruiser was blocking the intersection at Redwood, forcing me to go east on Redwood. On Shepherd, in the block between Redwood and Mountain, there were no less than 8 cruiser cars, with a small car pulled over, and they appeared to be searching it, with what appeared to be a female occupant sitting on the boulevard, but not restrained. Just as I turned, another police SUV arrived on the scene. Another cruiser was at Shepherd and Mountain blocking southbound traffic.

So, boys and girls, thats at least 11 cars out of service in District 3, for what appeared to be the "takedown" of a single vehicle. From what I observed, whatever had happened, had already happened, so why weren't the surpfluous cruisers sent back out on patrol. Were they waiting to have a group hug? Are things that safe in the north end, that they need not make a presence elsewhere other than in an quiet industrial park? Were they trying to decide whether to go up the street to Tim Hortons or Johnny's Maples Pizza?

I get so irritated when I see this massive police response, and they hang around for what appears to be an inordinate amount of time. I understand that, tactically, a massive show of force is needed in dangerous situations, but I think any one of them could have taken that young girl down if necessary. Time to get back to work.

Thoughts???

2WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty Re: WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

not knowing th situation and just going on gut feel, yeah that was excessive

3WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty Re: WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

THere might of been something going on in between those blocked streets. The car being searched may have been part of bigger operation. I would imagine that the supervisor (The SUV) would send the other units off if not needed. Its not like they hang out for beer and skittles...

4WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty Re: WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You've have to understand the lay of the land in that area. RR tracks to the west, the side of a large building on the east and a small strip mall with a few small businesses. Nothing really there to be part of a bigger operation. Everything focused on the lone car.

5WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty Re: WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have witnessed several situations in which the Police presence blocking intersections for hours seemed to be a big waste of resources. On one occasion I sent in an inquiry asking if resources for this was ever a problem, and I got back a pretty good, snarky reply, that they had to waste resources answering stupid inquiries! That was a great responce.

http://www.elansofas.com

6WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty Re: WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Really? That's how you assessed the scene?

I wasn't there...but based on your description...the girl wasn't the target...she was more likely a victim of some kind.

Officers would immediately put any kind of perp into the back of a cruiser...not have them sit on the curb.

There's a good chance the blockades were trying to catch someone...who went off on foot...and are blocking traffic from getting through to keep whoever they are looking for from hopping into a car.

Any word on the news about it yet? Might clarify what they were doing there.

http://www.photage.ca

7WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Empty Re: WPS Misuse of Manpower??? Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I subscribe to the WPS news release service and nothing about that (But the 65 yr old driver of the Caddie that ran the red at Logan and Main and then hit Mitchell Fabrics received an offence notice under the HTA)

There were cop cars on both sides of Shepherd, but as I said, everything was pretty calm, so why keep all those resources on the scene.

Again, its a pretty open area as Shepherd parallels a set of RR tracks at that point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum