the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

$65 Million Dollar Jets are now $200 Million- Canadians are asked to raise the difference!

+4
Stonekiller
grumpy old man
justmythoughts
rosencrentz
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

LOL Same rules as the Museum . Seems fair to me!

http://www.elansofas.com

justmythoughts

justmythoughts

what are you talking about??

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

rosen-speak! Here. I'll translate fer ya...

He's sayin' the new fighter jet scenario is similar to the museum scenario where at one time the jets were $65 each and now are $200 million each.

justmythoughts

justmythoughts

thought she was talking about the Winnipeg Jets! LOL

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ahem, he.

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

AS a military man, I want to see the CF get the best equipment it can for the best price it can.

The F-35 in my opinion doesn't meet that criteria. The more I research this aircraft, albeit what information that is available to the public is fairly limited. The costs just don't seem to be justified.

Canada would be just as well off with Super Hornets, at least with that Airframe there is some familiarity for the technical teams, as well as the pilots, and aircrews.

Canada needs to get new warplanes, like it or not, our borders are under a very covert and direct attack by other nations including the USA. Especially in the North where Canada is seen as weak in defense. I can't speak for anyone but I know that if Canada intends to maintain its sovereignty then we need to be able to defend our territory as much as possible.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2012/03/14/second-times-a-charm-for-eglin-f-35/

"What supporters of this jet really need is for an F-35 to save a puppy somehow, or pull a child from a well, or star, as reported, in the “Top Gun” sequel with Tom Cruise.
Lockheed and the Pentagon have to sell the F-35 to a general audience …
could one be a Transformer, maybe? … because many of its critics within
the defense world are fed up with it. We saw this week where the
program boss, Vice Adm. David Venlet, just wants to be left alone to develop his airplane. That he needed to make such a case shows the worry that even amid positive news, he won’t be."

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:Ahem, he.

That remains to be proven.

He/she claims to have a wife, that I don't think anyone has met Wink.

Perhaps he/she's a precursor to the Chaz Bono's of the world.

Long hair, ponytail, big breasts, painted toenails...and random comments of confusion...I'm just not so sure Wink.

lol!

http://www.photage.ca

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh

I have met Mrs Rosen a number of times Smile
She is a very fine upstanding person which leads me to believe Mr. Rosen must be blackmailing her.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Stonekiller- Can you please name the countries that are a threat to Canada? Please do not put the USA down on the list, and leave off Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you put Afghanistan and Iraq on the list, please tell me how having those fighter jets would do anything, when the attack would be having somone plant a bomb.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

lomg hair, ponytail, big breasts, painted toenails...and random comments of confusion...I'm just not so sure Wink.

When did we meet?

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:Stonekiller- Can you please name the countries that are a threat to Canada? Please do not put the USA down on the list, and leave off Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you put Afghanistan and Iraq on the list, please tell me how having those fighter jets would do anything, when the attack would be having somone plant a bomb.

Allow me,

I would say that Canada should have never cancelled the AVRO Arrow project! And we should never have bought those junk pile subs from the UK (we should have designed and built our own nuclear powered subs or purchased a couple from the USA)

Russia, China, USA, Denmark (greenland/iceland), Norway

Russia has already made some bold claims to the north. see this article Cold wars: Russia claims Arctic land

China has recently entered the arctic arena by stating it is entitled to a piece of the arctic. See these two articles China races to claim Arctic resources and How Norway Sees the Arctic

And last but not least, there is this interesting article Canada and Denmark join rush to claim Arctic (see excerpt below)

Adrian Blomfield of The Telegraph wrote:

The scramble for the Arctic gathered pace yesterday as
Denmark prepared to challenge Russia's bid for the North Pole and Canada
vowed to defend its "sovereignty" over the region's frozen waters.

Spurred into action by a Russian underwater mission last
month to plant a flag on the ocean floor beneath the Pole, Danish
scientists will depart tomorrow for the Arctic to pursue Copenhagen's
rival claim.

Over the next month they will seek evidence that the
Lomonosov Ridge, a 1,200-mile, underwater mountain range running close
to the Pole, is a geographical extension of Greenland, a Danish
possession.

The mission will strain relations between Denmark and Russia, which claims to have found evidence linking the ridge to Siberia.

Both countries will seek adjudication from a United Nations
commission in the next few years that could award a large swathe of
Arctic territory to the country with the most compelling case.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

maybe not iraq, but Iran and North Korea are both pursuing or have developed ICBMs

further, what if there is a global war and we are required to help fight the last part in another part of the world?

We should have at least three air craft carriers, fitted with multiple types of aircraft each with its own massive support flotilla and 6 or so nuclear subs. Canada has a shiat ton of undeveloped Everything that the rest of the world wants
water
oil
forestry
farmng
mining

we are going to need to defend it soon

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:maybe not iraq, but Iran and North Korea are both pursuing or have developed ICBMs

further, what if there is a global war and we are required to help fight the last part in another part of the world?

We should have at least three air craft carriers, fitted with multiple types of aircraft each with its own massive support flotilla and 6 or so nuclear subs. Canada has a shiat ton of undeveloped Everything that the rest of the world wants
water
oil
forestry
farmng
mining

we are going to need to defend it soon

Sooner or latter, We'll get the old "Put up or shut up".

Eventually Canada or the Provinces will enter negotiations on becoming the next 9 states of the USA. Quebec will be on its own since the USA would not put up with the BS that we put up with.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We had the put up already from the USA! That is why Harper has been spending lots of money to upgrade the army, navy and air force, and I dont disagree with our troops having up to date toys to play with, but Russia and China and any one else , including the USA are not possible countries that would ever invade !

Disagreements over th ice covered Northern Canada would be settled by international sgreements that are in place, except if gold was discovered! lol

If we had 65 planes that flew really fast and invisible, I don't know how that would mean anything to anyone, except that we should have toys that would help in a NATO invasion of ____?

The USA would always be there as a back up to anone attacking us, but there is ZERO threat of that!

Does anyone think that there is some poverty out there in any country, including Canada?

The USA spent $700 billion dollars on their "defense" budget last year, and China spent $100 billion.

That tells you something about priorities.

In this time, we have really stupid neighbours, whose country is being run by Halliburton and the former vice-president of the USA, Sara Pallin, oops, Dick Cheney!

What a waste of resources!

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Living Dead- Canada is currently selling all of those resources to many countries, and the plan is to try and sell lots more of those resources. That is the reason our dollar is so strong, because of natural resources.

Maybe one day our politicians will get the balls to pass a law where it prevents the sale of raw materials, and make sure instead of raw resources we have to manufacure the resource, to provide more good paying jobs for the Mexicans that are moving here!

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:We had the put up already from the USA! That is why Harper has been spending lots of money to upgrade the army, navy and air force, and I dont disagree with our troops having up to date toys to play with, but Russia and China and any one else , including the USA are not possible countries that would ever invade !

Disagreements over th ice covered Northern Canada would be settled by international sgreements that are in place, except if gold was discovered! lol

If we had 65 planes that flew really fast and invisible, I don't know how that would mean anything to anyone, except that we should have toys that would help in a NATO invasion of ____?

The USA would always be there as a back up to anone attacking us, but there is ZERO threat of that!

Does anyone think that there is some poverty out there in any country, including Canada?

The USA spent $700 billion dollars on their "defense" budget last year, and China spent $100 billion.

That tells you something about priorities.

In this time, we have really stupid neighbours, whose country is being run by Halliburton and the former vice-president of the USA, Sara Pallin, oops, Dick Cheney!

What a waste of resources!

LMAO, You really think the USA is being run by Halliburton? Think again.

The USA is run by a combination of Big Pharma, Big Oil, Monsanto and the Industrial Military Complex. No one company in the USA has enough money to bribe all the senators and all the congressmen.

In this day and age, anything can happen. Here is one hypothetical scenario for you. A first nation uprising and terrorist acts by the same. The USA could use that as a spring board to send troops into Canada to "Help the Canadian government stabilize the issue(invasion)" Followed by a "looks like Russia wants to take us over, we better merge into one large super country". It is so easy to fool the masses that a majority of Canadians would vote for statehood in the USA, if the propaganda machine were to start fooling the people of Canada.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

LivingDead wrote:... if the propaganda machine were to start fooling the people of Canada.

Case in point, we elected a Liberal government for how many years!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum