the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Delaying The Age Canadians Receive OAS A Good Idea?

+2
rosencrentz
Outsider
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Is Delaying The Age Canadians Receive OAS A Good Idea?

Is Delaying The Age Canadians Receive OAS A Good Idea? - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Is Delaying The Age Canadians Receive OAS A Good Idea? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Is Delaying The Age Canadians Receive OAS A Good Idea? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Is Delaying The Age Canadians Receive OAS A Good Idea? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

With proper planning and proper deductions from those that are working, the government can plan for retirement funds being available for those who have contributed !

The real problem is the government retirement funds and the way the government figures things out for everyone except themselves!

http://www.elansofas.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Outsider wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:You're bound and determined to politicise this eh?
I don't have that power.
But Mr. Harper does.
I predict the number of voters in the next Federal election will increase dramatically if Mr. Harper insists on going through with increasing the age at which hard-working Canadians can draw OAS.
Okay fine. You keep this thread and bash whomever you want.

I'll begin another thread where people can actually discuss what I thought was a great issue.

Happy?

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

rosencrentz wrote:
The real problem is the government retirement funds and the way the government figures things out for everyone except themselves!

The real problem is governments spending too much tax-payer money on "wants" instead of "needs".
For example we "need" health care.
But we do not "need" new stadiums, new arenas, new museums, more parks, more convention centres, and more politicians and all the overhead that goes with them sucking at the tax-payer teat.
Lets do a better job of maintaining the facilities we already have.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We do not "need" massive layers of bureacracy to administer health. We do not "need" unions telling us how and when we should access health care. Is that what we "need"?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Maybe policiticians should start doing whats good for ALL of us, not just supporting those who support them because they're "entitled".

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

Freeman wrote:We do not "need" massive layers of bureacracy to administer health. We do not "need" unions telling us how and when we should access health care. Is that what we "need"?
agreed 100 %

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So that lovely blond MP, Shelley Glover , was on CBC newsworld with Evan Soloman earlier today, and she tells us none of the 3 sections pertaining to Old AGE Retirement funds, are being changed.

Our leader The Right Honourable Stephen Harper in question period today, answered quite clearly that there is nothing being done in the immediate future about the old age money, so there is nothing to worry about. All payments are funded, and the Conservatives are simply going to be starting a revue, as they have been doing on all programs!

All the hype, all the Liberal and New Democratic Party negative statements are nothing but political posturing!

Our beloved leader is looking after the old people! I remember awhile ago some 78 year old lady grabbed him and warned him when Harper was out looking for votes in a retirement home! lol

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

Perhaps he did not like the way which way the wind was blowing.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/polls/old-age-pension-138233759.html?viewResults=y

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Take a poll about delaying benefits? Why would anyone bother? Everyone wants free money!

The old age thing is in 3 parts. The part CPP is based on your contributions, I think, and can start at age 60. The part that starts at 65, and I believe it is partly based on your financial means, as the well off do not get any, and a 3rd part for those that have no income, and it is a top up of income so you will be only poor, instead of really poor.

The best way to have a huge income is to go into politics as an MP or as an MLA (?) because those people set their own rewards through legislation that they set up!

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:

The best way to have a huge income is to go into politics as an MP or as an MLA (?) because those people set their own rewards through legislation that they set up!

Dean, your comments? Which would pay more? MLA, MP or (dare I say it) Chief?

I'm not being serious, but feel free to answer seriously.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum