the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet

+3
Deank
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:44 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The 3 usual suspects, each carrying appx. 80 to 120 pounds extra(me), were there, and 2 of them ordered the 1/4 chicken lunch and the other 80 pound overweight suspect ordered something else.

My 1/4 chicken ( brown meat), was very moist and very tasty, my baked potato with sour crean, butter and chives was very good and the whole wheat bun was very good, $8.99 - very good price. GOM had the other 1/4 pound chicken(white meat +$1.50) with french fries and white bun and coke (diet ) lol, and he couldn't finish it. DeanK wasn't happy with what he ordered , but took the blame. With Grumpy's 2 for 1 coupon and his $20 gift card, I spent $5 and DeanK spent $10, leaving an $8 tip which DeanK thought was too much, in the same reverse of the $2600 per month girl with 4 or 5 kids on social assisstance who I believe isn't getting enough on assisstance!

Don't tell anyone about the chocolate cake I had for $3.99 that was incredibly good!

http://www.elansofas.com

2Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:52 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

A rosen restaurant review. What's next?

BTW those must be great drugs. I was not there today...

3Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

who the frak did I give bread too?

4Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Heh heh...

5Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I must be hallucinating! I don't think anyone on this forum is over weight?

6Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So next Thursday any 3 will pick me up from my store and we will go up to portage Avenue, where we will order 10 pieces of chicken (all brown) and a medium very salty fries, 2 $1 drinks all for $17.00 plus taxes= $20 for 3 and no tip! Cann't go wrong with that1

7Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

My work ordered take out from there a couple of weeks ago, and I was completely disappointed in my lunch, which was the Chicken Club Wrap and Salad. The wrap was soggy, and the chicken was cold and probably at least a day old, the salad was full of brown lettuce, and not very appetizing.

I may consider giving it another try, but I will never have that wrap again.

8Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:51 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think that was what deanK ordered. brown lettuce certainly deserves a phone call and ask to the kid who made the salad.

There is no excuse to send out old lettuce. That tells you whomever made it is completely untrained!

You got to complain to get things corrected.

Awhile ago, many months, I sent an email complaint, my 2nd one to whoever does the food at the Assiniboine Park cafeteria, not the new one.

My wife got a terrible hot sandwich, one she has ordered continuously there and nothing was done right. The waiter never asked, and we never got a reply, and we haven't been back, and we regularly went there. We love the view.

9Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:11 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Now that restaurant is closed.

10Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:22 pm

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Now that restaurant is closed.

Was it the Star? They are on Portage and I was there once, it was excellent.

Have tried Swiss Chalet twice (both take out) and its been terrible. Order was wrong both times, paid for things we didn't get. Called the manager and head office, never heard anything further. So won't try it again since there was no response. I wasn't looking for anything free (that's the problem with restaurants they think you want something free) I just wanted what I paid for. I wanted them to know there were problems and to correct them so I will still go there.

11Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:39 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

USApegger wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:Now that restaurant is closed.

Was it the Star? They are on Portage and I was there once, it was excellent.
I believe that was the name. They were located in the Conservatory. Went there once. For brunch. It was good.

12Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Not a fan of Swiss Chalet. I have tried it quite a few times and it wasn't that great. I worked at the one on McPhillips when I was a teenager and never cared for the food. I googled the reviews for the new location and not very many positive ones.

13Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Star ran the one in the Conservatory. If they are closed they must have done so when the Conservatory built a new one at the Duck pond.

14Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

The new restaurant at the duck pond (The Park Cafe) is really good.

My wife and I and our son went there for breakfast before Christmas and the food was fantastic.

Would like to try their lunch menu sometime.

15Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Empty Re: Lunch Report From Swiss Chalet Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:32 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

That is good to hear. I love the area for meals!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum