the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do with these car thieves?

+5
Outsider
Deank
rosencrentz
grumpy old man
Triniman
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What to do with these car thieves? Empty What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Car thieves try to break leash 39 cases of tampering with GPS bracelet since 2008

What should we do with car thieves who try to break their GPS bracelets? Should the bracelet program be scrapped?

I would increase their punishment if they tampered with the devices. Long term, I don't know if the program is worth keeping. Not sure.

2What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous

Yup...the bracelet program should be scrapped as it appears ineffective.

Hold these thieves in jail and if they re-offend, keep them in for longer periods. Eventually, they figure it out...or not....but they're in jail so who cares if they don't figure it out.

3What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:59 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I don't know if the bracelet program works or not but I say one strike and your out. Make just ONE attempt to avoid management and back to the hoosegow with them...

4What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:13 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We are way too soft on the car thieves because they had a bad upbringing and because there is no room for them at the Junior jail!

http://www.elansofas.com

5What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:I don't know if the bracelet program works or not but I say one strike and your out. Make just ONE attempt to avoid management and back to the hoosegow with them...

well considering its like 20 strikes before hey ven put you in the monitoring program, I am not sure why we even have it

6What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

rosencrentz wrote:We are way too soft on the car thieves because they had a bad upbringing and because there is no room for them at the Junior jail!
Lots of kids have a less-than-desirable upbringing, They don't all steal cars.

7What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:33 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

I think they had the best idea back in the 1800's

Horse Thieves would meet this fate. Maybe things would change if today's car thieves met the same fate?

What to do with these car thieves? 800px-Horse_thief_hanging

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

8What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am

wpg_idiot

wpg_idiot
contributor
contributor

I don't know why our government is making it socially acceptable to steal cars. There should be punishment for wrong doing. Maybe the government feels that car thieves are good for the economy, as construction workers, body shops, garages, rental agencies, taxi companies, towing companies, pharmacies and mobility aid stores all benefit from a victim's loss of use on their vehicle.
Of course, now that the immobilizer program is in effect, only the body shops, rental agencies, and taxi companies benefit.

9What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

or....they could just improve the bracelet program.

Make bracelets that if tampered with, constrict and cut the foot off.

http://www.photage.ca

10What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

Anonymous

AGEsAces wrote:or....they could just improve the bracelet program.

...maybe just grow bigger balls...

What to do with these car thieves? Bridez10

11What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

Put the bracelet around their necks.

12What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Anonymous

...then take them fishing? Wink

13What to do with these car thieves? Empty Re: What to do with these car thieves? Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Winklovic wrote:Put the bracelet around their necks.

That is a great Idea. Do it like in the movie "The Running Man". In the scene where Chico runs past the wire and his explosive necklace takes off his head!

I would have posted the clip but its been taken off of YouTube due to copy right infringement.

this clip is included in this 6 second video.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum