the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sirius satellite radio?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sirius satellite radio? Empty Sirius satellite radio? Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:28 am

wpg_idiot

wpg_idiot
contributor
contributor

Anyone here have satellite radio? Did your receiver come with a remote? Do you use it?

2Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:57 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I have Sirius in my car. Love it. Use it about 50% of my driving time. Especially long distance trips and remote trips.

The first year was free and I swore I would not pay when the free trial ended. That was about 3 years ago.

3Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Anonymous

What is so different about it from regular radio?

4Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:37 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Comedy channels is one big plus. There are about 8 gazzilion choices of mucis types available. Much much much much much less talking heads between songs. Unless of course talking heads is what you're after. Downside? I'd like more Jets channels on Sirius.

5Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:Comedy channels is one big plus. There are about 8 gazzilion choices of mucis types available. Much much much much much less talking heads between songs. Unless of course talking heads is what you're after. Downside? I'd like more Jets channels on Sirius.

Seriously?

6Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:54 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Heh heh. If they had ONE Jets channel I'd be thrilled. It was a joke...

7Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so was SERIOUSly

8Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:45 pm

wpg_idiot

wpg_idiot
contributor
contributor

The only reason I bought into it is because of my job. Long distance trips without radio really sucks, and I'm not going to start buying cd's again.
I know from previous experience that there is plenty of repeating on the channels, similar to say, specialty tv channels. So with that, you don't entirely have a new listening experience (Hits one and the electronic stations don't go out of a 10 song list). It dampens the experience, but at least you have other stations to listen to.
For the most part, reception is excellent, when you mount the antenna properly.
One of the biggest surprises getting started was the entrapment. Obviously this is a cash cow, and the initial price is a minimum $150 AFTER receiver purchase. I was pretty surprised that they tried to upsell me another receiver after I just forked out money for the first one.
Anywho, I lost my remote for my receiver, and was wondering if anyone was willing to let go of theirs.

9Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I could never pay for radio...I listen to cd's on road trips. I know a few peeps who have Sirius and they can keep it.

10Sirius satellite radio? Empty Re: Sirius satellite radio? Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

Surely, you can't be Sirius.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum