the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone visited Chicago

+4
grumpyrom
grumpy old man
wpg_idiot
holly golightly
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Has anyone visited Chicago Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

My hubby and I a planning an extra long weekend get away to Chicago in May and would like some ideas of what to see, where to stay. We are golfers so are planning at least 2 rounds of golf while there but would also like to see some of the sights. I know we will do Navy Pier and there is a possibility of a White
Sox game (Cubs are away the weekend we are there). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:45 pm

wpg_idiot

wpg_idiot
contributor
contributor

I had a 2 hour layover in Chicago in 2007. I got to see the Sears Tower.

3Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:25 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Chicago is a beautiful city. Check out Navy Pier fer sure. Have an Uno's deep dish pizza (gloriously delicious). Walk down the Michigan Mile. I never attended a baseball game while there but friends have and they say it is not to miss. Check out Oprah?

4Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 pm

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

Only been to Chicago once during a 2 day stop on the way back from Niagara Falls. Much nicer than expected, beautiful city. Since we didn't have much time we only got to check out Navy Pier as mentioned above. We also had time to take a skyline cruise on Lake Michigan and I would highly reccomend it. There's a few tour operators that run cruises right out of Navy Pier. A very realxing way to spend the afternoon and see the city from a different perspective. I've seen that they also do scenic cruises on the rivers right through downtown but didn't have time to check those out. One of these day's we're going to have to make a trip back down there, it was so much nicer than we had expected.

5Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm

USApegger

USApegger
contributor
contributor

I grew up in Chicago. I recommend lunch, dinner or drinks at the Hancock building on the 97th floor. I would never go to a Sox game, or anywhere near that side of the city.
If you like museums, I would recommend the art institute, the Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry (always my favorite)

6Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Anonymous

The Art Institute of Chicago is a must-see in my books.

http://www.artic.edu/aic/

7Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

USApegger wrote:I grew up in Chicago. I recommend lunch, dinner or drinks at the Hancock building on the 97th floor. I would never go to a Sox game, or anywhere near that side of the city.
If you like museums, I would recommend the art institute, the Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry (always my favorite)

I'll second the Shedd, we visited last summer. We didn't have time for the zoo(s) or the field museum which were on our list of places to visit.

We went to Giordano's for pizza (http://www.giordanos.com/) and went back several more times for the chicken Caesar salad!

8Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

If you want to plug your arteries, try this:
http://www.wienerandstillchampion.com/

9Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Chicago is a great town!!!!

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

10Has anyone visited Chicago Empty Re: Has anyone visited Chicago Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

you must go to the Art Institute.....it is amazing.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum