the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Police in Inaction!- Making A Police Report- 15 minute task takes 45 Minutes

+2
Deank
rosencrentz
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I went down to Lyle Street Police station to get a police report , regarding a minor hit-and run accident!
I had everything written out, Auto description, date time, damage, witness, other persons plate number.
It should have taken 15 minutes at the most, but this officer, I have his number, was so incredibly inept. He asked me the same question 3 times, all of which was written down , so all he had to do was take the information and convert it to the report for me to sign.
In between, he had to talk to the other officer regarding taking Friday or Monday off. No clue as to looking after "his" customer, myself!
I wanted to yell at him that I was a friend of JTF, but kept quiet!

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

how old was he?

I only ask because it seems that pretty much anyone under 25ish has lost the sense of customer service.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Please phone the Lyle street station and ask #1247 his age- he looked 25 to 35? Not really sure. There were another 2 people in to make a report, and they had to be waiting at least 15 minutes while my officer was going through the motions of checking all the details.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:how old was he?

I only ask because it seems that pretty much anyone under 25ish has lost the sense of customer service.

Spent a few days in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago, and based on my experience there, I would have to disagree. Lack of customer service seems to be a Winnipeg trait.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Not even!

Live in Toronto you'll soon discover what real discourteous customer service is like. This is something that is spreading around NA.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Not in my store and not in a lot of very good stores! Safeway- ask someone where something is and they take you there, and I believe that the same happens in Home Depot!
Anyone else get really good service anywhere?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Good idea, lets post where we get good service and then we can avoid the places where we get crappy service. As a consumer, I speak with the power of my purchasing dollar.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So I think JTF and I say to avoid the police. lol

Anonymous

The thought that just occurred to me was that some cops are put on desk duty when they are being reprimanded for being bad.

Sooooo....they put some dickfuck out there to serve the public.

Typical pig logic. Stuuuuuupid!!!

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Or another thought could be this may have been one of the new cadets???? or a volunteer. I have been to the Lyle Street location and the service from a retired military gentleman was outstanding but the constable who was on desk duty was as slow as molasses when it came to "getting it right".
If it was one of the new cadets, they may be learning the processes so being thorough could be taken as being slow. Just my opinion as I am a Customer Service Manager and take "serving the customer" very seriously. Although the saying "the customer is always right" still may exist and still may be true, the customer should remember that in order to get it right, we, the service reps, have to have ALL of the info correct to get it right! And if that means taking a bit longer than you the customer would like, wouldn't you want it that way so you don't have to go back a second time?

Just my thougths and opinions.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF you need to start speaking your mind. I don't think holding back is healthy for you. Smile

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Rosen why didn't you address his stupidity while you were there? Don't give them repect that is not deserved. I would have reprimanded him on the spot and if he didn't like it I would have asked for the Staff Sgt. Believe me - they're just too used to people having a strange mix of fear/intimidation that is confused as respect. It ends when you open your mouth. I encourage everybody to try it. You'd be surprised how fast the facade can be knocked over.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

holly golightly wrote:Although the saying "the customer is always right" still may exist and still may be true, the customer should remember that in order to get it right, we, the service reps, have to have ALL of the info correct to get it right! And if that means taking a bit longer than you the customer would like, wouldn't you want it that way so you don't have to go back a second time?
Bang on holly.

In the quest for getting it right, keep all the lines of communication engaged. For example, if you must ask the same question three times patiently explain why.

Most people are very reasonable. Just let them know what's going on.

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:JTF you need to start speaking your mind. I don't think holding back is healthy for you. Smile

Ya think I should?

Won't it just get me into trouble with the fascist pigs?

The Police in Inaction!- Making A Police Report- 15 minute task takes 45 Minutes Icon_lol

Anonymous

holly golightly wrote:
.........Or another thought could be this may have been one of the new cadets...

but the constable who was on desk duty was as slow as molasses when it came to "getting it right".

If it was one of the new cadets, they may be learning the processes so being thorough could be taken as being slow.

You're so funny you should be booked at Rumours!

....a cop being thorough and getting it right???

That's hillarious!

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am not a patiet man, when I am getting crappy service! Perhaps this officer couldn't read, or was on desk patrol for killing or maiming some landlord??
When he asked the other officer who was taking another report what day he was taking off, and in effect, not looking after me, i thought that I was dealing with a"dummy", in regards to customer service.
if I was in at Rona and was abandonned by someone , who went to answer the phone, I would have done what I did at Rona, and that was to go over to the person, take the phone away, and hang it up, while telling the Rona person, I was here first, you finish looking after me!
That is a very subtle way of getting looked after. What I could have done was tell the police officer to hurry up, as I felt a heart attack
was coming on? No, all I felt I could do, was do nothing, and complain on this forum and also I could write a letter to the police department downtown, as I think I will do, identifying the officer and the police report number.
Poor service (my opinion) deserves to be rewarded.

Anonymous

...if I was in at Rona and was abandonned by someone , who went to answer the phone, I would have done what I did at Rona, and that was to go over to the person, take the phone away, and hang it up, while telling the Rona person, I was here first, you finish looking after me!
That is a very subtle way of getting looked after.

LOL...very subtle indeed Rosen.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I must be related to rosie somehow.. I have done that in the past as well.

mine was at a liquor store mind you, not something unimportant like a hardware store or police station

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum