the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg

+4
rosencrentz
Freeman
Sourpuss
Deank
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Having heard other reviews I figured this might be a good place to grab a decent burger.

Cleanliness 5/5
Service 5/5
Size of portion for cost 4/5
Taste 2/5

I had a simple double cheeseburger. It comes with onions, pickles, mustard and their signature chili sauce.

The pickles and onions were of good quality and nice and tasty. The bun was okay but barely could withstand the chili sauce. The Chile sauce itself had some flavour but it was not a fantastic hit. Needs a little more sweetness to it.

The burgers themselves? No flavour at all. I had to salt the crap out of them to get any sort of flavour happening.

Overall it was a reasonable experience for a joint like that. I will possibly try something else from there and in a pinch would order the same cheeseburger again.

2Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Anonymous

IMO, since Gus went back to Greece, the place went crappy. Their burgers suck...at least the one on Daly does.

3Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL figured that was a greek chili

4Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Sourpuss

Sourpuss
major-contributor
major-contributor

Was at this location earlier in the week, and ordered poutine and some technocolored soft ice-cream cones for my kids. Poutine was decent - not authentic by any scope of the imagination, but hella better than what passes for poutine at most fast food joints. The ice cream was interesting - I hadn't seen soft ice cream in rainbow hues before.

Location gave me two "buy one, get one free" coupons for soft ice cream next time I'm back. Was intrigued by the burgers, but didn't have time.

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

5Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Just wondering what the hell DeanK was doing that far south? Who let him cross the CPR mainline?

6Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I work down there now Smile

CS... not only soft ice cream in technocolor, at many places it comes in up to 32 different flavours. yum

7Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Anonymous

Well they claim there are 32 different flavours Dean.

We should go down there and make sure what they're claiming is truthful eh. Tell em we're from the flavour police.

8Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:00 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

deanK- please stop it with the salt! salt is dangerous- switch to pepper, like I have done! you'll see a huge didderence in the water that you retain.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/new-plan-would-cut-canadas-salt-intake-to-a-teaspoon-a-day/article1655907/

New plan would cut Canada’s salt intake to a teaspoon a day

Several major restaurant chains and food manufacturers have already made commitments to sodium reduction.

Burger King, Boston Pizza, McDonald’s and other companies have also announced lower sodium in some menu items.

The long-awaited report, released Thursday by the federally appointed Sodium Working Group, maps out the steps to reduce sodium consumption from 3,400 to 2,300 milligrams a day

http://www.elansofas.com

9Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

time to buy a whole bunch of big macs right now and store them for later.

What do you think the reaction of the store would be if I walked in and ordered 1000 big macs to go?

10Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

rosencrentz wrote:The long-awaited report, released Thursday by the federally appointed Sodium Working Group, maps out the steps to reduce sodium consumption from 3,400 to 2,300 milligrams a day
It is ferkin difficult to eat healthy. I would like to have a vegetarian diet that is fat, salt, sugar, and carb free. Oh, and it has to taste awesome and not make me fart. Please post recipes below.

11Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:21 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

eViL tRoLI

you are way too fussy!

12Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

" not make me fart."

well then.. no veggie diet of any kind for you.

13Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 pm

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

My digestive tract can't handle vegetarian cuisine. I went for lunch once with a friend to a vegetarian restaurant years ago, I still have nightmares about the troubles I had for hours afterwards. Tofu, soy, bean curds, lentils etc. are all quickly rejected by my stomach.

After that day I know how my dogs feel when I change their dog food on them lol.

14Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:49 am

anny

contributor
contributor

grumpyrom wrote:My digestive tract can't handle vegetarian cuisine. I went for lunch once with a friend to a vegetarian restaurant years ago, I still have nightmares about the troubles I had for hours afterwards. Tofu, soy, bean curds, lentils etc. are all quickly rejected by my stomach.

Boon Burger has a mushroom-rice patty that's very tasty. I recommend the Thanksgiving Burger.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

15Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:28 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpyrom how young are you? There has got to be vegetarian that works? Maybe the salt you added to make it tasty reacted with your body?

16Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

thanksgiving burger???

do go on...

17Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 am

anny

contributor
contributor

Deank wrote:thanksgiving burger???

do go on...

breaded 'turkey' patty, vegan mayo, cranberry sauce, crispy onion, maple glazed yam, vegan gravy, and lettuce on home-baked bread

$7.75 +$3 for soup, salad, OR sesame-potatoes

It's a vegetarian burger, so you need to get rid of all expectations of a burger. It's not a round meat patty; it's not a fluffy, white hamburger bun. It is, however, delicious!

18Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 am

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

You lost me at "turkey" and vegan. The cranberry sauce and onions are the only thing that sound appetizing in that recipe. Give me some real turkey and some real gravy and then we're talking, plus my bowels will actually be able to digest it :-)

19Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:02 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

From what you describe, it doesn't sound like your bowels have any trouble digesting vegetarian food. If anything, it's too easy to digest.

20Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

anny wrote:From what you describe, it doesn't sound like your bowels have any trouble digesting vegetarian food. If anything, it's too easy to digest.

See how fast these discussions go downhill! Now we're on to peoples digestive problems. Jeez. Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Icon_smile

21Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Empty Re: Daly burger 1151 Pembina, Winnipeg Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Northlands

Northlands
contributor
contributor

I liked Daly burger. I agree with Dean, that the burger could have used a bit more seasoning, but I definitely go back to them often. Great place for fries too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum