the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

did you know that it is illegal to link to the crimestat website?

+5
FlyingRat
IG Guy
Electrician
JT Estoban
Deank
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

wow.. just decided to go check out the new updated crimestat.

anyone actually read the conditions of use & disclaimer agreement before agreeing to it?

specifically.
b) Conditions of use
You may view and print copies of the Material on the Map.Winnipeg web site (the (Site Products”) solely for the User’s personal non-commercial use.
Unless otherwise specified herein, You may not without the express written permission of The City of Winnipeg, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, link to or frame in another website, use on any other website, transfer or sell the Site Products in whole or in part either voluntarily or by operation of law. The foregoing prohibition expressly includes, but is not limited to, the practice of screen scraping, database scraping or any such practice or activity; the purpose of which is to obtain data or portions thereof, portions of databases from the Site, in any manner or any quantities not expressly authorized hereunder.
Specific permission for reproduction or use for other purposes must be obtained from The City of Winnipeg by contacting:

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so technically. we can NOT, discuss the stats, link to any stats, or even create a blog or newspaper column or any form of report from the information posted on the website without expressed consent from the city.

Awesome... So the city is saying... Hey everyone.. here are some stats on crime. But... you cant even talk about them with anyone or we could sue your ass... Have fun looking.. but dont even think of complaining because that would actually be a violation as well.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so... why would the city do this?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

so anyone willing to break the law and tell we what the crimestats are for my area?

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Hey Deank

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

[Redacted]

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

.....They're on to me!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

damn just missed it...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I have sent an email to my councillor I suggest that if anyone else wants to know why the city wants to stop people talking about the CrimeStat information that they ask their city councillor if she/he can say why the city would do this.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

To All Newsies on here.

What is your opinion about the City Of Winnipeg restricting you like this? Or did you write to the city and obtain permission to print information? Or did you just agree to the agreement without reading it? And if so.. are you now scrambling to delete all discussions from your blogs and such?

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Did you know that it's illegal to link and drive? Razz
But can we still place bets on whether the WPS can or cannot catch a fleeing thief and/or criminal? scratch
Watch out, or they'll throw the book at you! study
Make sure the agent that comes knocking at your door takes a breathalizer test before entering... drunken
And remember, the cybercops have little green antennas sticking out of their helmets. (hey, were's the alien smiley?).

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh... in the USA today the supreme court actually made it perfectly legal for police to pat down any passenger in any vehicle they pull over for a routine traffic stop. No reason further then they were a passenger in a car they pulled over for routine traffic stop. They dont even need to make up the excuse that they thought the person was going to commit a crime or that they believed the person already committed a crime.

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:so... why would the city do this?

censorship... The "man" is controlling our access to public safety info!! and what do we say to the "man"????? :mad 040: hehehe yes its all a conspiracy man!! lmao

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:heh... in the USA today the supreme court actually made it perfectly legal for police to pat down any passenger in any vehicle they pull over for a routine traffic stop. No reason further then they were a passenger in a car they pulled over for routine traffic stop. They dont even need to make up the excuse that they thought the person was going to commit a crime or that they believed the person already committed a crime.

Well if they're getting them out of the car I agree they should be checked for weapons.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no.. this is... hey we pulled you over for well whatever we wanted.. excuse me mr passenger I would like to pat you down.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:no.. this is... hey we pulled you over for well whatever we wanted.. excuse me mr passenger I would like to pat you down.

what about a "miss" passenger? Wink

http://www.photage.ca

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I saw an episode of COPS (real life eh) where a chick cop searched a man. I've seen other episodes where dude cops called in a chick cop to search a woman.

Why the double standard?

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:I saw an episode of COPS (real life eh) where a chick cop searched a man. I've seen other episodes where dude cops called in a chick cop to search a woman.

Why the double standard?

I would call them out on it!! "OMG she touched my special place!!"

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:I saw an episode of COPS (real life eh) where a chick cop searched a man. I've seen other episodes where dude cops called in a chick cop to search a woman.

Why the double standard?

duh!....
Because everyone knows its one of every straight mans fantasy to be searched by a female cop..

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

It's not a double-standard...it's THE standard.

Standard that if a female cop is searching a male he'll say "a little to the right" to get her to cop a feel, but if a male cop searches a female...she's be appalled if he comes within inches of anywhere "private".

Standard that if a female cop is actually attracted to a suspect and starts staring at his crotch...he'll take it as a compliment and try to "impress" her...but if a male cop is staring at a female suspects breasts...it's an offense, and she'll try to file charges for harassment.

It's not a "double-standard"...it's rules of life.

http://www.photage.ca

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

It's like the female teacher and male student thing. It's a dream to score with the babe teacher. It's a gross, traumatizing,jailable offense for a male teacher to score with a female student. That's life.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hell when you are 12 or 13 its your dream to score with any female teacher.... babe category or not....

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

man my grade 10 english teacher... Miss Cummings ( i kid you not!)She was want fantasies are made of!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

IG Guy wrote:man my grade 10 english teacher... Miss Cummings ( i kid you not!)She was want fantasies are made of!

This from a guy who still refers to his "special place"

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Freeman wrote:
IG Guy wrote:man my grade 10 english teacher... Miss Cummings ( i kid you not!)She was want fantasies are made of!

This from a guy who still refers to his "special place"

Only when the police are involved...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum