the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if Selinger/NDP wins?

+3
Jondo
Deank
Triniman
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty What if Selinger/NDP wins? Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

If the NDP get re-elected, at the very least, it is probably safe to assume that all three main parties will have new leaders in time for the 2015 election (2016?)

Selinger is 60 and will likely want to retire rather than fight another campaign. He'll go in two years. It wouldn't surprise me if his successor ends up being Teresa Oswald, so long as she gets re-elected in this election.

Hugh will be gone in a year or so. My best guess for their new leader is Heather Stefanson.

Gerrard will not be around to for the 2015 election. And if he fails to get re-elected, he'll also be gone in a year or so. No idea who will want to run for leader but it won't be Kev Lamoreux.

If they stay in the spotlight, the Greens could become a more attractive option next time than the Liberals. Young people aren't as beholden to traditional parties and may like something new-ish.

If Tories fail to get elected, I don't know a new right-leaning party will emerge or if the Tories will once again swing back to the right. Think Saskatchewan Party.

2What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

if people would actually look at the green party they would see its what the manitoba party needs to be

3What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and. i dont think that will be an issue any more

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/09/29/hydro-eyes-drastic-cuts

hydro memo says holy fark. we need to cut costs and delay projects

4What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Triniman wrote:If the NDP get re-elected, at the very least, it is probably safe to assume that all three main parties will have new leaders in time for the 2015 election (2016?)

Selinger is 60 and will likely want to retire rather than fight another campaign. He'll go in two years. It wouldn't surprise me if his successor ends up being Teresa Oswald, so long as she gets re-elected in this election.

Hugh will be gone in a year or so. My best guess for their new leader is Heather Stefanson.

Gerrard will not be around to for the 2015 election. And if he fails to get re-elected, he'll also be gone in a year or so. No idea who will want to run for leader but it won't be Kev Lamoreux.

If they stay in the spotlight, the Greens could become a more attractive option next time than the Liberals. Young people aren't as beholden to traditional parties and may like something new-ish.

If Tories fail to get elected, I don't know a new right-leaning party will emerge or if the Tories will once again swing back to the right. Think Saskatchewan Party.

I registered the Manitoba Party with Elections Manitoba and I assure that it will take flight if the PC's don't take office next week. I'm a Conservative and I'm not big on splitting the right-vote however if the NDP hold - we'll be in dire straights in 4 years therefore action must be taken. Besides Saskatchewan and Alberta (Wild Rose Party) look what happened in Toronto with Mayor Rob Ford. That's our future. That said - I hope this PC gov't wins because in sync wih the Fed party - we could move mountains.

5What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Jondo- What is our future? Mayor Ford? What are the details?

http://www.elansofas.com

6What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 am

Anonymous

If the NDP does indeed get re-elected here, it will convince me that we are a 'loser province' overall....with very little hope of becoming a have-province.

We'll be called Western Newfies I reckon.

7What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Deank wrote:and. i dont think that will be an issue any more

how the hell is this not making major news on the election front?

8What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:08 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

People have given up in this province, And who can blame them? So much crap emanating from most parties (present company excepted of course),

9What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I just dont get it tho.. Hydro is saying... HOLY FARK!!! we need to hold off building EVERYTHING as long as we can... Sellinger is saying.. Build now.. Build now... OMG we gotta build now or we will die, zombies will eat our children, zombie children will laugh at us on the world stage.

and no one is making hay of it.

10What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:15 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:

I think it was on the news a few days ago. I am surprised thay Hydro is not in huge debt like most other utilities, or do we just not know about it? When Ontario Hydro was privatized the rate payers were slapped with a huge fixed amount on their bills to pay down the debt over then 20 or 30 years.

11What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Hydro has 8 billion in debt. They want to go another 16 to 24 billion in debt to build the Bipole III, IV ( and possibly even V) and the northern dams.

12What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:12 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:I just dont get it tho.. Hydro is saying... HOLY FARK!!! we need to hold off building EVERYTHING as long as we can... Sellinger is saying.. Build now.. Build now... OMG we gotta build now or we will die, zombies will eat our children, zombie children will laugh at us on the world stage.

and no one is making hay of it.

yeah...watch out for those office zombies Wink

What if Selinger/NDP wins? 320807_2527095696550_1228145455_33071045_381891185_n

http://www.photage.ca

13What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

is that Paul Hesse?

14What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:28 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

no, it's a guy from my office.

http://www.photage.ca

15What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:39 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:Hydro has 8 billion in debt. They want to go another 16 to 24 billion in debt to build the Bipole III, IV ( and possibly even V) and the northern dams.

That's fairly hefty - $30,000 for each adult Manitoban. Would take a looong time to pay down with interest. Given the associated environmental destruction I can see why Greens opose this.

16What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

eViL tRoLl wrote:
Deank wrote:

I think it was on the news a few days ago. I am surprised thay Hydro is not in huge debt like most other utilities, or do we just not know about it? When Ontario Hydro was privatized the rate payers were slapped with a huge fixed amount on their bills to pay down the debt over then 20 or 30 years.

cbc has more on it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2011/09/29/mb-hydro-capital-cost-reductions.html

17What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"
As well, Adams proposes delaying the awarding of further contracts
"for three to four years"
for the Great Falls and Pine Falls projects,
as well as the Pointe du Bois Powerhouse rehabilitation project.

Officials should "receive ordered equipment and mothball" in all three of those cases, according to the memo."

18What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

eViL tRoLl wrote:
Deank wrote:Hydro has 8 billion in debt. They want to go another 16 to 24 billion in debt to build the Bipole III, IV ( and possibly even V) and the northern dams.

That's fairly hefty - $30,000 for each adult Manitoban. Would take a looong time to pay down with interest. Given the associated environmental destruction I can see why Greens opose this.

All they need to do is doube our rates... and they will be sitting real nice and fine. Everyone is okay with rate doubling right?

19What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Anonymous

^

Why do you think Brennan bailed? Wink

20What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pretty obvious eh?

and yet... still nothing from the conservatives on this.. WTF?

21What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:20 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why is anyone concerned about Mb Hydro's debt? It is all looked after in their financing plan, so there is nothing to worry about.

We are paying appx 6 cents KW and in California they pay appx 15 cents, so they could double our costs and pay the debt down early!

22What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:54 am

Anonymous

Deank wrote:Pretty obvious eh?

and yet... still nothing from the conservatives on this.. WTF?

Simple.

The moment that Hughie says A THING about Hydro, Selinger will be all over the sell-hydro crap. Hughie won't bite.

23What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

or hugie and his team dont have a clue

24What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:02 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Is hughie now "hugie hughee?"

25What if Selinger/NDP wins? Empty Re: What if Selinger/NDP wins? Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

DeanK look what I found that you missed! '

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum