the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Internet Explorer 8

+3
grumpy old man
Electrician
FlyingRat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ooo ooo ooo.. the one thing that changed... I got that new IE update.... you know the one that was REALLY BAD!!!....
maybe that has something to do with it????

27Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:21 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Please try Firefox guys. Let's see if the problem is with the browser before we start chasing our tails...

28Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

pfft. how you going tell LD and Edwin to do that?

29Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:05 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

emailed them

30Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:08 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:ooo ooo ooo.. the one thing that changed... I got that new IE update.... you know the one that was REALLY BAD!!!....
maybe that has something to do with it????
which upgrade? did you upgrade to IE8?

31Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

thats crazy.. who uses email nowadays?
and.. I aint installing firefox on my home computer ( thats just completely crazy ). If that is the fix I guess I will remote into work to use the same version of IE6 that I have at home. Or I guess no home use for me.

32Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:25 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why the reluctance to use Firefox?

33Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:29 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

cause I am grumpy and stuck in my ways?

34Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:36 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I am grumpy. You are Deank. I think I understand the problem now. You are schizophrenic. Get thee to a doctor.

35Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:46 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:cause I am grumpy and stuck in my ways?
No, you're angry whopper!

36Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh.. the angry whopper is only so so... but did you try the agry whopper o gram?
http://www.angrywhopper.ca/index.php?hash=rqqbdqwhfqwgsffwwqfwwcwbdfffdc

37Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:I am grumpy. You are Deank. I think I understand the problem now. You are schizophrenic. Get thee to a doctor.
nah its actually because of all the VIRII that I am developing that targets Firefox browsers and allows me to access all the diskette drives of the world/

MUHAHAHAHA ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US!

38Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:12 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

lol Install IE 7 or 6 if you don't want firefox or even Chrome runs this site fine.

39Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I have IE6 at work and it is fine.
I have IE6 at home and it is being redirected to some wacked ass old winnipegsandbox.com site... where it was last updated on October 13. Some sort of mirror is my guess... forgot to ping it last night though. When I get home... I will ping and find out.

40Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Did ya hit it with a hammer? WTF does "pinging" do? BTW did ya clear the cache at home?

41Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:13 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

its christmas.. of course my cash is cleared... Smile

for some reason my home computer is connecting easy peasy now

42Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:10 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Ok...let's fix this.

#1) I've been using IE8 on both home and work computers for weeks now. The only computer affected by the problem is work.

#2) Recently at work I downloaded a new update for IE8, haven't done that at home.

#3) I actually don't USE IE at ALL on either computer...they are installed. I ONLY USE Firefox on either computer...so preaching to use Firefox is a mute point for this problem.

What I'm assuming at this point, is the update for IE8 somehow went to an "archived" version of IE8...and changed an internet setting that ALL browsers use (IE, Firefox, Chrome). That setting is telling the login at the forum site to send us to an "archive" of our forum.

Either that, or our forum hosts have recently run an update, and basically a batch of IPs into an archive somewhere, so when those IPs login they get sent to an archive forum. I'd say they moved login IDs, but obviously I can login fine from home, but not from work. And it seems the same is said for others.

I think our target here should be investigating the forum hosts. See if THEY recently made a change? See if they were trying to create a patch for the new IE8 updates, and somehow it archived some people?

http://www.photage.ca

43Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Last week there was a virus scare at our work; we were told not to use IE as this was the carrier. Things have cleared up since then. I typically use firefox for my browser anyways.

44Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Maybe your BOSS locked you out... :party 003:

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

45Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:31 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

No...I'm the IT guy for our office...so I don't think that would work Wink.

But...I'm happy to report that everything is working at my office again (well..I'm not...I'm here posting on the forum Wink).

http://www.photage.ca

46Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Explorer 8 Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:06 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

EdWin wrote:Last week there was a virus scare at our work; we were told not to use IE as this was the carrier. Things have cleared up since then. I typically use firefox for my browser anyways.

Yea there was a Exploit found in IE (big surpise there). But this exploit allowed people to actually take control of your computer. affraid Good ol' Microsoft!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum