the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

shake the magic 8 ball what we cant teach in school...Religon? Politics? homosexuality? no

+2
JT Estoban
Deank
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

so...what exactly are the environmental "benefits" of plastics?

I use plastic in many different forms through out every day...I'm just curious what, if any, environmental "benefits" are, and what those look like.

Here's more info: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2010/12/01/man-plastics-schools-ambassador.html

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

less trees cut down for toothpicks?

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

toothpicks ain't made of wood no more?

say it ain't so....

the ones I buy are wood...in fact, I saw last weekend on LooneyToons how they recycle bowling pins into'em after the pins are finished their single function in life. Quite the remarkable transformation! Wink

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

hehe.. Well some are not wood. I happen to like wood though, so I still buy wood ones.

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Speaking of this - my 6 yr old daughter came home from school on Monday and said that her teacher said it was okay for a girl to marry a girl and for a boy to marry a boy. Who the F'ck do these teachers think they are uploading this at age 6 - or any age!! and opinions on this?? Am I right? Am I wrong??

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

As long as they say Marry and not discuss the sexual implications I believe it is part of the curriculum at that age.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Jondo, as long as the marriage is legal in Manitoba, teachers can teach it. It doesn't mean that the teacher is advocating for it or against it but as Dean said it is part of the curriculum.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

one of the nicest kids I have ever coached had two moms. Well technically 3 since he was adopted and still sorta saw birth mom every once in awhile.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What was their phone number?

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

That would be illegal for me to give that to you.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Another NDP Law that I never heard of?
email address?
lol

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Privacy laws Rosie.

While I could give the names and numbers to other coaches or people in the CC involved in the sport because that would be reasonable disclosure of their information. Handing out the information to grumpy old jewish guys is not covered Smile

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I will sue!

Sourpuss

Sourpuss
major-contributor
major-contributor

Jondo wrote:Speaking of this - my 6 yr old daughter came home from school on Monday and said that her teacher said it was okay for a girl to marry a girl and for a boy to marry a boy. Who the F'ck do these teachers think they are uploading this at age 6 - or any age!! and opinions on this?? Am I right? Am I wrong??

I'm apt to agree with you, as un-PC as it may be. I have a 5.5 year old, and I'm not prepared to have a discussion about same-sex marriage with her at this age. I certainly don't want the introduction to the entire concept to come from the school either. It's not that I want to shield them from homosexuality or pretend it doesn't exist, but I don't want my child being taught about it at school. It isn't a lifestyle choice that we wish to endorse. End of story. We have not broached the subject of sex, where babies come from etc. yet either, for what it's worth. I spend a lot of time having to tiptoe around very ultra-PC people, making exceptions for a lot of very liberal values, and it displeases me.

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes I agree. I hardly think it's appropriate for somebody to be telling my kids (at that age especially) that it's okay....etc. Kids haven't even thought of it at all - let alone now their first thoughts being that it's okay for girl/girl etc. Is this the school-boards idea of "early beginnings" - as in that now being the basis/starting point? By the way - that was a typo earlier - it should have read - any opinions on this? I thought more would be in agreement with this.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum