the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Koshelanyk is not now, nor has he ever been a Liberal Campaign worker

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/31177/kevin-lamoureux-kevin-chief-winnipeg-northby-election-debate-challenge/

Contrary to what poster Walley_eye believes I am not a "known" liberal, nor am I helping Kevin Lameroux's campaign. I am not a member of any political party, nor have I ever been.

An interesting not for mr eye .. the only political campaign I have worked on besides my own was the January 2006 campaign for Judy W.

Do I know Kevin Lameroux? Of course I do. He has been my MLA for the last several years and as a matter of course from being the President of the community Centre in the area he serves I got to know him. I also got to know Judy and Mike P and heck My kid has attended courses put on by Kevin C. So I guess through guilt by association I am a "known" ndp/lib/ndp/(lib/ndp/ind..make up your mind eh Mike?)

As I have already presented on this site the DAY after the civic election my Baba passed away. My cat has been hit by a car and I was depressed about the low turnout and losing the civic election. It was a complete and absolute coincidence that 1 day after Mr Lameroux issued his challenge to Mr Chief that I started calling all the candidates and trying to arrange the burrows resource centre.

Why did I, this "nobody" non affiliated person decide to organize this forum? Simple, I sat there watching the obvious bias all the community groups and media in the Point Douglas ward had in NOT arranging a public forum during the Civic campaign and not reporting on the campaign. Not only was I mad that no one cared enough to do it, I was upset that no one in our community got the chance to engage the politicians in a more meaningful way too. I was (and am) determined to not allow this to happen in the elections that follow.

For the record, those community groups have again failed in their duty to perform this task and the media has again pretty much ignored our area. Not certain why this would be since both major newspapers reside in the area in question.

How determined am I in this task?
I am the one paying for the centre.
I am the one paying for the refreshments.

And no.. I can not actually afford this small amount I am doing it anyway. Its a small price to pay to ensure democracy trumps politics.

So seriously, all you people who think this is some Liberal ploy. Show up to the forum, you will see that not one single candidate has the advantage and all of them, regardless of how well recognized will be treated far more equally and far fairer then any candidate in any of the civic forums that were held by any group across the city.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

to the credit of chrisd.ca they have removed the comment

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

So now the reply by ros is out of context. I would have preferred they'd published your reply. Not sure why they wouldn't...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no idea.
I would have preferred that as well since mr eye's comment was up for 5 days with people reading it.

Anonymous

You got 2 threads going for this pissing contest. my god Dean, grow some scales man. Concentrate on the event not some poster on some obscure blog.

Blogs and forums aren't followed as much as most participants think they are. there is roughly....oh say ... 99% of the population who don't even know they exist.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Livio, I do NOT have two threads going for it. There is context that needs to be followed here.

Also. I dont think you quite understand how many media people and politicians do indeed follow these blogs.

Anonymous

Deank wrote:Livio, I do NOT have two threads going for it. There is context that needs to be followed here.

Also. I dont think you quite understand how many media people and politicians do indeed follow these blogs.

Whatever.Knock yourself out.

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

To Dean's point, ChrisD's blog is "a pretty big deal". It's certainly not an obscure blog by any definition of the word.

I'd be a bit miffed too. I don't care what people say about me, but I'd be frustrated if for no apparent reason I wasn't given a voice to repudiate the comments.

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

Anonymous

I reckon it's a "pretty big deal" to a limited number of people.

I've never heard of it...not that that means a lot...but I've never even heard of it referred to. Just say'n.

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

Dean, you'd better snatch this up before someone else does and uses it against you!

http://www.hostingcreativity.com/

Dean Koshelanyk is not now, nor has he ever been a Liberal Campaign worker Dean11

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL... bite me mantha

Sourpuss

Sourpuss
major-contributor
major-contributor

Definitely spring for the .com extension. More traffic that way. Also? The blog is far from obscure. Heck they were given the rights to live Tweet Sam Katz' election night HQ happenings. They are *known* in YWG social media circles. Maybe even in traffic circles.

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum