the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perogies. (This one's for Dean)

+4
Deank
Goth_chic
AGEsAces
Electrician
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

What is YOUR personal record for most perogies eaten in a single day?
When I was a kid, my record was 24.
I passed that mark and ate 30, back in 1987.
And no GC, curry doesn't go on perogies...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

2Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:34 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

30 perogies in a day? that's it?

I think that's per sitting...with several sittings for me.

My wife and mother-in-law are Ukrainian...PLENTY of perogies around here...looking at my "record" so far (and I've only been here 5 years)...I'd say close to 100 in a day...most I ever ate in one sitting was almost 50.

Of course they had sour cream, & bacon on them Very Happy.

http://www.photage.ca

3Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

OMG...the most I've ever eaten in a sitting is 7.

4Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh 3 dozen (in one sitting)... hand made ones.. none of this crazy form cut crap.
and the only reason I stopped is because there was no more.
Over the course of a day.. near 100 at least if not more.

a small snack for me is 10. I dont know what it is. I just cant fill up on perogies.
maybe the butter makes them slip straight through?
heh.. one of the local CCs har a kick ass winter carnival. bubble bum blowing... pie eating, perogie eating... tons of fun..

4th in bubble bum blowing second in pie eating and 1st in perogie eating
it was not a how many.. but a how quickly
1 slice of pie 42 seconds... missed it by 1 second.
2 perogies.. 11 seconds ... second place was around 21 seconds.

5Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I've never eaten mass quantities of perogies. Chicken wings, my record is 66 in one sitting.

6Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

time for us all to make a trek to Indiana me thinks

http://www.pierogifest.net/eatingcontest.html

7Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:54 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

I've smoked Perogies.

Here's how.

I had a room mate in the early 90's who was a serious alcoholic. He came home at 2am after some hardcore drinking he felt hungry so he decided to make a pot of Perogies. I was fast asleep at this time.

He puts water in a pot add's perogies and turns the oven to MAX, he sits down and passes out.

After all the water boiled off the perogies start to burn, then the pot begins to melt. I wake up to the sound of smoke and fire detectors going off. The air was thick with acrid smoke, I had to feel my way to the kitchen and upon closer inspection I saw the red molten remains of the pot. I turned off the stove, pulled my room mate outside into fresh air and waited for the fire department to show up.

Remarkably the fire department never showed up, the apartments fire system was out not working properly.

I moved out shortly after.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

8Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:56 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

FlyingRat wrote:I've never eaten mass quantities of perogies. Chicken wings, my record is 66 in one sitting.
That is impressive. Please advise where the very best chicken wings might be found in Winnipeg. Do they deliver?

9Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I like Montana's wings. The 66 was at Garbonzo's on Pembina, back when the all you can eat wings deal was $9.99 (Last time I checked it was $13.99 - guess I am partly to blame for that heh heh).

10Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:16 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:
FlyingRat wrote:I've never eaten mass quantities of perogies. Chicken wings, my record is 66 in one sitting.
That is impressive. Please advise where the very best chicken wings might be found in Winnipeg. Do they deliver?

BEST Chicken wings...my place Very Happy.

My wife (before we were married) boasted about the wings she makes.

I challenged her to try mine and rate them...she came to visit at my place and I made a batch of my wings...now she compares any she has anywhere to the ones I make Very Happy.

And no...I don't deliver Wink.

I've had some decent wings from, of all places, pizza hotline. Good for cheap wings.

I haven't tried Hooters here yet...but the wings were very good in 4 other locations I've been to.

I'm actually surprised there's not a "wings specialty" store in Winnipeg. There's a few in various cities in the US.

The BEST wings I usually find (outside of my own recipe) are at local pubs/taverns. Not the chain type...but the private-owner hole-in-the-wall locations.

11Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Some kick ass wings are the ones at Silverados...Igor makes a mean salt n pepper wing. YUM!

12Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:4th in bubble bum blowing second in pie eating and 1st in perogie eating
it was not a how many.. but a how quickly
1 slice of pie 42 seconds... missed it by 1 second.
2 perogies.. 11 seconds ... second place was around 21 seconds.

True perogies are only hand-made Smile

I don't like the "timed" contests...I don't swallow quickly...they only do them because less people get sick and throw up...and the contest ends quicker.

Give me a "volume" contest...and I'll take anyone on.

Wings...went through about 4 bowls in one sitting (probably close to 100 wings).

It took you 11 seconds to eat 2 perogies? Like I said..I don't swallow fast, but I can eat 2 perogies at a time...certainly faster than 11 seconds.

13Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Goth_chic wrote:Some kick ass wings are the ones at Silverados...Igor makes a mean salt n pepper wing. YUM!

Oh yeah...I guess we should clarify the "type" of wing too.

Buffalo, spicy, salt & pepper, hot, etc.

The wings I make are Hot/Buffalo wings.
I've never made salt & pepper ones

There could also be sweet & sour, teriyaki, etc.

14Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Salt and pepper and spicy Buffalo are the two I like best.

15Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

11 seconds to eat 3 perogies.. and you dont get to use your hands Smile

I am down for a perogie volume throw down.

Sounds like a hell of an idea for a fundraiser to me. with the number of ukrainians and Polacs in this city (and just general people who love to wolf down food) could make some serious coin for whoever organizes it.

You do however need some sort of time limit like 1 hour or so. ( and maybe a doctor on standby ).

Without a time limit it would be like Christmas dinner..and I dont stop eating the left over perogies until I go to sleep Christmas night.

Make it happen. Something like a $20 or $25 entry fee. Have a politician throw down at the same time,(just to help get more people in). Maybe throw in a local media celebrity throw down to.

16Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

this lady makes 500 dozen per week... get her and her group to make them.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/subscriber/community/story/2284869p-2648574c.html

17Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

18Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:00 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

My wife decided it was time I learned how to make pergoies after we were together for about 6 months.

She bought the ingredients and we started working on a Friday evening.

She went to work the next morning at 6am for her 12-hour shift.

I got up about 9 and started working on the perogies again...by the time she came home from work I had finished about 40 dozen. By the time we finished on Sunday afternoon, we had made almost 150 dozen.

We gave most of them away to friends, but kept about 60 dozen in our freezer.

I don't envy the old baba's making 500 dozen...my fingers STILL hurt from pinching all those things....but they were mmmmmmmmmmm....good Very Happy.

19Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I made them once and what a pain. I just go and buy them from Alycias.

20Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ooo lets have a perogy making for sheer volume and perogy eating for sheer volume contest at the same time.

21Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Best idea I heard all day!

22Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Who's gonna do all the crying/chopping all the onions?
This is a job for.... Super-Goth!!! Sad

23Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:45 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I am trying to remember the least time I had perogies! My Polishness is wearing off!

24Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

The least time you went (and lost) to bingo night...

Last edited by Electrician on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : least-last (hehehe))

25Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Empty Re: Perogies. (This one's for Dean) Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:48 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

They have perogies at bingo night?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum