the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean has a great idea...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dean has a great idea... Empty Dean has a great idea... Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 am

Anonymous

Sorry Dean...I had to do it.Smile

His idea is to have a concerted focus given to increasing the 'walkway system' in the downtown / exchange / other areas.

But I'll let him tell you about it....

Dean. Take it away.

2Dean has a great idea... Empty Re: Dean has a great idea... Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL

well it is on my facebook site as point 7. but its hard to put into words its something I see in my mind as just working so simply and creating such a wonderful area in our city

- greatly expand the walkway system all the way to red river downtown, through cityhall, to concert hall to UofW and even the Legislature. ( note even peeps popping over from Osbourne Village would have easy access since the Leg is so close)

- open up many areas in the walkway for business of course, but more interestingly for artist areas, displays, workshops, studios.. pretty much any type if art type thing. There are so many buildings in the area that really are not used for much that this could be doable. dont think of it as just one walk way. think of it as (JTFs word) a spiderweb downtown. Something that you could be lost in for days on end viewing all the interesting little areas, there could be performances happening, artists giving free classes, etc.

- work with the province to remove any shopping restrictions and relax the liqour hours as well. (more of the lounge type areas then the massive rave party type areas)

- modify existing city bylaws to make the noise restrictions slightly relaxed, and set up key development ideas to make it easier for businesses to take advantage of the area

Basically make this massive 24 hour entertainment art type area downtown, the walkways are quite frankly necessary because people dont tend to spend much time exploring places when its -40, heck even +5 or + 30 drive people away from things like that.

Would be really awesome to have this as an article in the newspaper one day

Tourist missing for 36 hours found in a cafe in the exchange district enjoying poetry by local artist JTF. When told his family reported him as missing he responded "Oh has it been that long? I was just wandering about, there is so much to see"

3Dean has a great idea... Empty Re: Dean has a great idea... Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:21 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

facebook site still doesn't help...still a security risk.

apparently facebook is inherently evil and will render office systems permanently damaged.

http://www.photage.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum