the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asperin regimen - worth it?

+6
Freeman
grumpy old man
Jondo
tick
SMW
Triniman
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

The Benefits of a Daily Low Dose Aspirin Regimen

"Aspirin is one of the most carefully studied drugs available and has been used to reduce pain and inflammation for over a century. Evidence is rapidly growing that supports aspirins use in lowering the rates of heart attacks, stroke, colon cancer and even Alzheimers disease.

Living up to its reputation as a lifesaving drug, aspirins action as a blood thinner has been shown in clinical studies to reduce the rate of heart attacks, strokes and related deaths. This can be credited to aspirins ability to prevent blood from clotting, thereby preventing these events. In the event a heart attack or stroke does occur, taken immediately, aspirin can reduce their severity. Some preliminary data even suggests that regular aspirin use may prevent certain cancers from occurring."

2Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

I remember being told to avoid anti-inflammatories such as Aspirin when I had my ulcer.

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

3Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 pm

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

poisoon .. ( fror your liver .. better to have a beer)
go for a low dose of baking soda

Last edited by tick on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : vodka)

4Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Be careful on the daily amount. I did an aspirin a day for 3 weeks thinking it was good for me and then got a nose bleed that didn't stop for 4 days. I spent those 4 days at the hospital where they held me in a reclining dentist-like chair and shot (propulsion device) a thick guaze 4 inches into my nostril. That was the most painful process I've ever encountered and it had to repeated back to back because the bleeding didn't stop. The story moral is that when your blood turns to water - you start to leak.

5Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:54 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Is that thick gauze still there?

6Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

A couple of decades ago, I was having a lot of stomach trouble, and was taking 222's like candy for the pain. Turned out to be an ulcer. Duhhh.

7Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:01 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Jondo wrote: The story moral is that when your blood turns to water - you start to leak.

Jesus... I guess it's safe to assume that Aspirin could potentially be fatal to a hemophiliac?

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

8Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Actually that's another story - in hurt just as much when they pulled it out with one har yank. It goes in compact and then bloats with blood and then 4 days later they.....I think you get the picture. The hair-waxing stories that girls tell are just baby-talk compared to this procedure.

9Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

I am just the opposite of you Jondo with blood like molasses and I don't bleed much and 2 yrs ago almost to the day I spent 3 days in the St B emergency behind the nurses desk in the emergency ward watching all the aftermath of that weekends shootings and all in the peg that Saturday night in particular and because I had 3 blood cloths on the left lung and 2 on the right lung and although I was taking aspirins prior to my blood cloths on my lungs...

10Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

That's all folks... it sounds like it's time to stop smoking.

11Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 pm

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Jondo I did finally stop smoking cigarettes last year for 3+ months and then well I started smoking a pipe and pipe tobacco shortly after situation with nut neighbor started last summer and the real reason behind my blood cloths were because I went from being very active to sitting and driving transport truck and eating at all hours of the day or night and not moving much all day etc and my body said no way and get active and start eating regular again...and also because I was smoking a tremendous amount of cigarettes while driving truck because what else do you do in truck on a Hwy in the middle of nowhere?...and one way or the other Dr's told me the same thing happens in relation to blood cloths to some people who fly long distances and don't move a lot etc and especially to those that have blood like molasses like I do (did)...

12Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:53 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Blood cloths are a part of the fabric of life. It's good to see such life affirming stories in this thread.

13Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:10 am

Anonymous

Follow directions and most drugs are fine , become your own druggist and you get into problems .

14Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Whats a blood cloth?

15Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

GOM you wrote:

Blood cloths are a part of the fabric of life. It's good to see such life affirming stories in this thread.

My younger brother who is only 35 just had one in his small finger just a few weeks ago and is now on meds and still in the process of recovering...and anyone who has ever had a blood cloth knows how much they hurt and then some and also how dangerous they can be and in my situation I was lucky they got trapped in my lungs and not elsewhere and in my brothers situation it was caught much earlier...

16Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:07 am

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Blood cloths are a part of the fabric of life. It's good to see such life affirming stories in this thread.

Asperin regimen - worth it? Lol

17Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 am

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Because I tend to me more of a natural path when it comes to what goes into my body, both food and medicinal, I take White Willow Bark for my arthritis. It is the "original aspirin" in that it has the salicin ingredients that Bayer recreated in a synthetic form. Both can be very harsh on your stomach especially if you have ulcers, etc. Unless your doctor makes the recommendation that you should do the "aspirin" daily regimen, you shouldn't start it on your own.

18Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

holly golightly wrote:...I take White Willow Bark for my arthritis...
Tell me more about this. I use over-the-counter meds that have seemingly little effect. What effect does White Willow Bark have on your arthritis?

19Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

GGF wrote:...in my situation I was lucky they got trapped in my lungs and not elsewhere...
You are bloody lucky. Many people die instantly from a pulmonary embolism when they get a blood cloth in their lungs.

You must have had a man of the cloth looking after you...

20Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:59 am

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:
holly golightly wrote:...I take White Willow Bark for my arthritis...
Tell me more about this. I use over-the-counter meds that have seemingly little effect. What effect does White Willow Bark have on your arthritis?
It has the same effects on my arthritis as an anti inflammatory aspirin but not all of the chemicals added to the aspirin. But again one of the side effects is blood thinning so I have to be very careful when I take it (being female, it can have some side effects that a man wouldn't have to deal with, hint hint). I always take it after I eat so as not to bother my stomach. For me it has prolonged the treatment of more radical terms for my arthritis and I am still able to run, lift weights, ride a bike and enjoy life. But again it was something I talked to my doctor about before I started to use it because although I am not allergic to ASA, I do react badly to it so I was skeptical of White Willow Bark and how it may affect me. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when I was 15 and put on the aspirin diet. It wasn't until after I had my kids that I started to look at the alternatives, natural medicines and Eastern medicine/practices and the natural/homeopathic ways. Don't get me wrong, I still take OTC's like Aleve, Tylenol, Motrin when the pain needs to be dealt with right now but my preference will always be the natural way.

21Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

GOM you wrote:

You are bloody lucky. Many people die instantly from a pulmonary embolism when they get a blood cloth in their lungs.

Exactly GOM and I was even luckier in the following way because I was actually scheduled to do a run in the US later that afternoon/early evening and after I called the Health Link Line just after noon or so and the nurse said get your butt to an ER immediately and then I got a friend to drive me to ST B they immediately admitted me and hook me up to what I say was just about every machine etc in the ER to find out what was wrong me etc...and not only was I extremely lucky but I will forever be grateful to all the staff at ST B...

22Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:18 am

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:
GGF wrote:...in my situation I was lucky they got trapped in my lungs and not elsewhere...

Your on a roll grumpy... Asperin regimen - worth it? Lol

23Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Thanks HG because I will look further into that "White Willow Bark" all natural med...because I also like looking at the alternatives to the mainstream med stuff etc...

24Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:27 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Bartron wrote:Your on a roll grumpy... Asperin regimen - worth it? Lol

Heh heh heh Thanks Bartron.

25Asperin regimen - worth it? Empty Re: Asperin regimen - worth it? Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:28 am

Anonymous

...the chemicals added to the aspirin...

That's funny. (think about it for a minute....)

The pain relief ingredient in willow bark is a chemical known as salicin. The body convert this to salicylic acid.

A guy by the name of Felix Hoffmann reworked this and we finally have acetylsalicylic acid.

If you take a low dose aspirin each day it's important to take a coated tablet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum